House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stormtreader

Rental Market Slowed Down To Nothing?

Ive been looking to move closer to work over the last 6 weeks or so.

When I started looking, there were at least 3 or 4 new properties coming on every day or two - this week so far there have been 2, and at quite a distance away as well.

Is the rental market seasonal, is everyone just not bothering because school holidays are coming up, or is there something else going on?

Ive been looking to move closer to work over the last 6 weeks or so.

When I started looking, there were at least 3 or 4 new properties coming on every day or two - this week so far there have been 2, and at quite a distance away as well.

Is the rental market seasonal, is everyone just not bothering because school holidays are coming up, or is there something else going on?

Seems quiet here too.

I'm guessing it's more a return to normal after a couple of years when the market was enriched by 'accidental landlords'. As for the future, who knows?

Depends if your area has a "holiday let" market or not.

You need to post your area name at the time or put it in your profile so that others can comment on where you live. It could be local or a particular part of the market (like an area that has lots of students)

Things are always quiet in London around bank holidays and then again in the Summer. My search in Surrey is producing a good number this week although the last two were pretty dead.

Edited by Flopsy

Its the same around me, I have been looking pretty frequently on various websites and rarely come across a flat I haven't already seen.

It appears that the same properties ae staying on the market for quite a while as well.

We are having issues even trying to get to a property in time so we can view it. They are quite often being rented out before they are even being listed on realmove so we are being told by agents.

We are searching in West Sussex/Hampshire from Hayling Island to Chichester....does anyone have any opinions on the rental market in this area and why there is hardly any stock? Is it the time of year?

It is usually seasonal around here (Cambridgeshire). I see more turnover at the start of the year through to Easter - I guess from people changing jobs? Summer is usually quiet - holidays. Then Autumn get busier again, I guess the end of 6 month rentals etc.

There seems to be more sticking around over this summer though but nothing is really dropping in price.

Nothing is really available in my area either. We're looking in the Fulham / Putney area for 1 beds and there is just so little, and what there is, is just prices significantly higher than this time last year.