House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ken_ichikawa

Is This Insidious Or Am I Reading Too Much Into It?

While fixing an air conditioner i.e. having my arm in it pulling out algae sludge being the jack of all trades me.

I managed to catch this stupid advert about credit expert where he pours this drink into an ice carving which says creditexpert.co.uk

He implies he is seriously rich, because he is a credit expert.....

Hold on though credit isn't money, credit is just that credit, and it made me think his 'wealth' is all debt based tosh where he just keeps transfering his debts from one form of credit to another.

Has the UK population been brainwashed to consider credit = money

Or am I just reading too much into this? Urk my arm has developed a nasty rash from cleaning that thing out... :huh:

Hold on though credit isn't money, ...

Get with the times no one pays back what they owe. Buy a few bits and bobs on your credit card each month to up your credit rating. Borrow 10 times your salary and buy a shitty box of bricks worth a third of what you pay for it. Now pack up your job and get bailed out. After all the richest people in the country are doing it - what could go wrong?

While fixing an air conditioner ....

I managed to catch this stupid advert about credit expert

Has the UK population been brainwashed to consider credit = money

Yes, but more worryingly you have been brainwashed to consider air conditioner = telly

Urk my arm has developed a nasty rash from cleaning that thing out... :huh:

Actually that's electricity burns. Turn th etelly off next time you clean its insides.

Oh, as to the creditexpert thing, I note there was a disconnect between th efirst and 2nd ad. The 1st saw the rich bloke entering his front door with a truffle the size of belgium, clearly dug up from his own estate. The "creditexpert" logo was spelled out in "solid gold". Clealry we were talking real assets. As you point out the 2nd ad featured the rich guy consuming "ice from the sea of tranquility" - ie pointless expenditure. Clearly nobody at the ad agency or in the creditexpert marketing dept thought this significant. Thus to them, wealth = savings = conspicuos & pointless consumption.

Yes, but more worryingly you have been brainwashed to consider air conditioner = telly

Actually that's electricity burns. Turn th etelly off next time you clean its insides.

Oh, as to the creditexpert thing, I note there was a disconnect between th efirst and 2nd ad. The 1st saw the rich bloke entering his front door with a truffle the size of belgium, clearly dug up from his own estate. The "creditexpert" logo was spelled out in "solid gold". Clealry we were talking real assets. As you point out the 2nd ad featured the rich guy consuming "ice from the sea of tranquility" - ie pointless expenditure. Clearly nobody at the ad agency or in the creditexpert marketing dept thought this significant. Thus to them, wealth = savings = conspicuos & pointless consumption.

Perhaps they are clever, there is no ice in the sea of tranquility .'. the ice, so it follows the credit doesnt exist, its a lie. If the ice is a lie, perhaps the 'solid gold' is also lie, perhaps he sold it like gordon did at historic lows?

However there is always a greater idiot on the internet

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_the_sea_of_tranquility_have_ice_on_it

Does the sea of tranquility have ice on it?

The sea of tranquility is nothing but ice, the moon has no running water on it.

Perhaps they are clever, there is no ice in the sea of tranquility .'. the ice, so it follows the credit doesnt exist, its a lie.  If the ice is a lie, perhaps the 'solid gold' is also lie, perhaps he sold it like gordon did at historic lows?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This guy is good ...

I always thought he was supposed to be the owner of the credit company?

Who TF wouldn't lend money to a money lender? - I don't know any poor ones - even the ones who are sh1t at it and need to be bailed out by the taxpayer are loaded!

Got offered an M&S credit card in, um, M&S today - pointed out that they were debt cards, that the country was broke, etc, etc - which I do every week when they offer me one - and the check-out lady and all the other customers looked at me as if they had just discovered that I was not one of them.

I now have a big ugly looking vegetable pod at the side of my bed!

... the other customers looked at me as if they had just discovered that I was not one of them.

I now have a big ugly looking vegetable pod at the side of my bed!

:lol:

Is it just me or has TV been getting steadily worse recently? I've hardly watched anything other than sport for the last few months.

Guest happy?

Is it just me or has TV been getting steadily worse recently? I've hardly watched anything other than sport for the last few months.

Are you sure that's not the air conditioning unit you've been staring at - they're easily confused - ask Ken Itchy_underpants.