House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AvidFan

Bp Will Go Bankrupt In A Matter Of Months!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/37578731

:o

He says this at 1m 5s into the video at the link.

He reckons the pipe itself is spewing 120K barrels into the gulf a day - not the 20K barrels quoted from the riser. It's FRAUD.

Liability cap has been taken away... therefore BP will go broke when the SHTF.

:o

Whilst Obama ignores TransOcean. Another bit of corporate warfare by the States.

I have not seen anyone question the crusader about the US’s position on the company who were directly responsible for the equipment at fault for the leak!

Perhaps as the US sees fit to commit warfare against an intrinsically important UK company we should withdrawal all troops helping the States in Afghan.

Whilst Obama ignores TransOcean. Another bit of corporate warfare by the States.

I have not seen anyone question the crusader about the US’s position on the company who were directly responsible for the equipment at fault for the leak!

Perhaps as the US sees fit to commit warfare against an intrinsically important UK company we should withdrawal all troops helping the States in Afghan.

And Haliburton.

Post the Toyota blatent hatchet and media job wouldn't put anything past them.

I was talking to a woman who's hubby is out there now trying to fix it. What BP is doing now is what his firm TOLD them to do 4 weeks ago!

Also, its not the well head thats the trouble, Matt S is quite right when he taks about a 2nd leak, in fact the bore pipe has blown 10-15 mtres under the Sea bed.....he working on a plan to stop that.......Capping the Well head will nothing to stop the oil.

Mike

And Haliburton.

Post the Toyota blatent hatchet and media job wouldn't put anything past them.

The worse thing is TransOcean have invoked a legal clause where they will only be liable for a ceiling level of compensation circa 27million dollars, BP have already said they will not do this.

Would just be nice if the UK media/govt perhaps pointed this out to a bit more loudly or risk losing a major corporation and with it the pensions of thousands of people.

You only have to look at how the US and its corporations handle industrial negligence abroad, Bhopal – circa 20,000 people dead, thousands still living with the effects yet no compensation 20 +years later.

BP-Amoco.. should be being supported by the government and society. Accidents happen and work together to fix it.

Imagine if Toyota made some mistakes would the people and government of Japan be actively trying to shut them down? No - they understand a lot of their national wealth comes from the success of Toyota.

I was talking to a woman who's hubby is out there now trying to fix it. What BP is doing now is what his firm TOLD them to do 4 weeks ago!

Also, its not the well head thats the trouble, Matt S is quite right when he taks about a 2nd leak, in fact the bore pipe has blown 10-15 mtres under the Sea bed.....he working on a plan to stop that.......Capping the Well head will nothing to stop the oil.

Mike

thats a lie...Ive been watching avidly the marvelous live reality TV of the leak and I didnt see anyone working on it.

+1

I've never understood why we consider the US a friend..historically they have, on the whole by a large margin, always acted against

our interests...

BP is the largest producer of oil in US for the US market. Obama can cut his nose of to spite his face if he wants.

80,000 people in the area work in the Oil industry which Obama has just closed.

Also in the Independent today the loud mouth Yank in charge of the operation to stop the oil leak , a P J Hahn is destroying the US govt legal case for unlimited damages. He is spouting out to the press that he wanted to build sandbanks to stop the oil reaching the shores and it has taken 1 month to get approval from Govt. If the sandbanks are built and stop the new oil reaching then the BP legal defence will be the US govt made it worse. What will that do to Obamas hopes of being reelected.

I think before there are any payouts, there needs to be a scientific investigation into what has happened, just like when the Space Shuttle Challenger blew up.

I remember listening to a podcast on website, with one of the oil workers on the rig when it blew up. His opinion appeared to be that sometimes mother nature just overcomes all the safety procedures you put in place. It will be interesting to see if this is really true.

I can well believe that there is a rupture beneath the Blow Out Preventer, under the sea bed, as one poster has stated. Add in the huge amount of oil being captured, and I have come up with my own theory on events.

They simply drilled a well to oil that is under huge pressure, and the equipment was never designed for it. The amount of oil spewing out is staggering. Looks like they have hit an absolute giant of a field.

I may be talking trash of course, I am no expert. But it seems to me you might be able to put back peak oil for a period of time on this find alone.

+1

I've never understood why we consider the US a friend..historically they have, on the whole by a large margin, always acted against

our interests...

BP have liabilities here regarding the pollution clear and they will be bogged down in litigation for decades now but it is in the US character to want to break BP so that their corporations can pick up the best bits in a future fire sale <_<

The lack of criticism of Halliburton is deafening probably because they have so much dirt on US politicians, both Republican and Democrat

I'm no engineer or geologist but why can't BP/the US government detonate thousands of tons of explosives to seal the leaking well permanently?

I think before there are any payouts, there needs to be a scientific investigation into what has happened, just like when the Space Shuttle Challenger blew up.

I remember listening to a podcast on website, with one of the oil workers on the rig when it blew up. His opinion appeared to be that sometimes mother nature just overcomes all the safety procedures you put in place. It will be interesting to see if this is really true.

I can well believe that there is a rupture beneath the Blow Out Preventer, under the sea bed, as one poster has stated. Add in the huge amount of oil being captured, and I have come up with my own theory on events.

They simply drilled a well to oil that is under huge pressure, and the equipment was never designed for it. The amount of oil spewing out is staggering. Looks like they have hit an absolute giant of a field.

I may be talking trash of course, I am no expert. But it seems to me you might be able to put back peak oil for a period of time on this find alone.

I'm a believer in Abiotic oil, not the fossil fuel theory.. My conspiracy theory is they got deep enough to tap into this abiotic oil, but they didn't really realize what they were hitting. So the pressure was far larger than they were expecting and blew apart their equipment.

Mike

they have always used explosives to blow failed wells before and seal them, seems so obvious that I wonder if being underwater changes that. Many in the states seem to think that bp is dragging its heals because it is trying to find a way to save the well rather than seal it for good. I dont know but it wouldnt suprise me anymore.

they have always used explosives to blow failed wells before and seal them, seems so obvious that I wonder if being underwater changes that. Many in the states seem to think that bp is dragging its heals because it is trying to find a way to save the well rather than seal it for good. I dont know but it wouldnt suprise me anymore.

BP at present are drilling two relief wells they do not need this one in future.

Possibly very near the mark, although TransOcean do have previous in the Indian Ocean of their blow out preventers failing and causing spillages.

Towards the end of the video Whitney Tilson's name pops up.

Apparently Tilson is optimistic for BP and I think Tilson is a lot more persuasive than Simmons.

And looking at this,

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/ao?s=BP.L

One might reach the conclusion that Simmons is some pre-senile old curmudgeon looking for some attention.

Who knows?

Time will tell.

You only have to look at how the US and its corporations handle industrial negligence abroad, Bhopal – circa 20,000 people dead, thousands still living with the effects yet no compensation 20 +years later.

+1

The US has failed for years to extradite the Warren Anderson, former head of UC, to India to face charges regarding the deaths at Bhopal, despite an extradition treaty between the US ans India.

BP's head may be a failure, but at least he is there facing the music.

they have always used explosives to blow failed wells before and seal them, seems so obvious that I wonder if being underwater changes that.

Remember the law of unintended consequences.

He reckons the pipe itself is spewing 120K barrels into the gulf a day - not the 20K barrels quoted from the riser. It's FRAUD.

Liability cap has been taken away... therefore BP will go broke when the SHTF.

Does he mean the drill pipe that they CUT OFF last week or the pipe in the sea bed.

If it was the pipe in the sea bed leaking through the sea bed, they wouldn't be able to SEE the blow-out preventer.

Really.

The first, second world and cold wars were my imagination then. Must book myself in to the hospital.

'You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.'

W.S Churchill

I'm no engineer or geologist but why can't BP/the US government detonate thousands of tons of explosives to seal the leaking well permanently?

From what I've seen on tele, doesn't thousands of tons of explosives generally create holes?