House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pod

Economist Says Housing Bubble Will Burst

"Krugman said skyrocketing U.S. housing prices were supported by large -- and somewhat "odd" -- capital inflows from emerging market countries, such as China, which has accumulated huge holdings of U.S. Treasury debt, helping keep long-term interest rates abnormally low.

"Americans pay for their houses with money they borrowed from the Chinese," he said."

Those crafty Chinese are up to something. They are smarter than us.

They are spiking Western economies and our bankers are going along with it and are selling our future down the river.

They want our productive and intellectual base and they are getting it, the more money they can stuff into our financial system they more they screw up our economies and make them unable to compete.

See my sig.

Edited by OnlyMe

They are spiking Western economies and our bankers are going along with it and are selling our future down the river.

They want our productive and intellectual base and they are getting it, the more money they can stuff into our financial system they more they screw up our economies and make them unable to compete.

See my sig.

I suspect they are just showing us up to be the bunch of arrogant pricks that we are.

See my sig.

And there was me thinking the Chinese were lending the Yanks the money to buy Chinese goods.

And getting a wee bit brassed off that the dollar falling so low meant they were only going to get half their money back.

And telling the Yanks they had better put IRs up or they and the Japanese would have to stop buying T bonds.

Our economies are unable to compete now - and have been unable to compete for a long time. We used to make stuff better than them but it was more expensive. Now they make it better than us - so we don't make it anymore.

I am really curious to know what we'll all be doing for a living in 20 years time. Cleaning each other's houses?

And there was me thinking the Chinese were lending the Yanks the money to buy Chinese goods.

And getting a wee bit brassed off that the dollar falling so low meant they were only going to get half their money back.

And telling the Yanks they had better put IRs up or they and the Japanese would have to stop buying T bonds.

Our economies are unable to compete now - and have been unable to compete for a long time. We used to make stuff better than them but it was more expensive. Now they make it better than us - so we don't make it anymore.

I am really curious to know what we'll all be doing for a living in 20 years time. Cleaning each other's houses?

We'll all be working in think-tanks advising the new global elites on how to avoid screwing up as badly as we did. :D