House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

deadman

What Makes You Feel Sad?

Aside from the weather, crime, high house prices and economic armageddon, are there any specific issues that really make you truly saddened?

There's only really one for me that has been with me for many years and never gets any easier to comprehend and that's the failure to find poor Keith Bennett's body on Saddleworth Moor.

Nice happy thread for you, but that's mine.

Keith was a 12-year-old child victim of the notorious 'Moors Murderers' Ian Brady and Myra Hindley.

Walking to his gramdmother's house, Keith was abducted, taken up to Saddleworth Moor near

Manchester, sexually abused and strangled. He was buried on the Moor. His body has not yet been

found.

Keith had celebrated his 12th birthday 4 days before his abduction. He was short sighted, and was

supposed to wear glasses, but he had broken them that morning at his school swimming gala, where he

had earned a certificate for swimming a length for the first time. Keith was a first year pupil at

Victoria Park school. His mother kept the broken glasses for a long time. She continues to search

for Keith's body on Saddleworht Moor, in the hope of giving him a Christian burial.

Keith's mother said of him, "There was no harm to him. He enjoyed life and was very interested in

nature. He used to pick up leaves and caterpillars and bring them home, and he collected coins."

"Keith was a cheerful child, and, in a time when children's experiences were confined to the

neighbourhood where they were born, he enjoyed street games, marbles and cycling."

"He was a young boy with a 'happy-go-lucky attitude and a cheeky grin', who kept leaves in a

scrapbook, collected coins and loved football."

Temporary chemical imbalances in my brain. Then I go for a run or have sex or eat and everything is fine again.

Read some E Tolle.

Working my backside off in a mundane job to pay the bills etc. then finding out I'm significantly worse off per-annum than a neighbor who spends all day procreating and/or sitting on their flabby, bone-idle **** watching Sky and drinking Strongbow.

Currently re-evaluating my situation.

Aside from the weather, crime, high house prices and economic armageddon, are there any specific issues that really make you truly saddened?

There's only really one for me that has been with me for many years and never gets any easier to comprehend and that's the failure to find poor Keith Bennett's body on Saddleworth Moor.

Keith was a 12-year-old child victim of the notorious 'Moors Murderers' Ian Brady and Myra Hindley.

Walking to his gramdmother's house, Keith was abducted, taken up to Saddleworth Moor near

Manchester, sexually abused and strangled. He was buried on the Moor. His body has not yet been

found.

Keith had celebrated his 12th birthday 4 days before his abduction. He was short sighted, and was

supposed to wear glasses, but he had broken them that morning at his school swimming gala, where he

had earned a certificate for swimming a length for the first time. Keith was a first year pupil at

Victoria Park school. His mother kept the broken glasses for a long time. She continues to search

for Keith's body on Saddleworht Moor, in the hope of giving him a Christian burial.

Keith's mother said of him, "There was no harm to him. He enjoyed life and was very interested in

nature. He used to pick up leaves and caterpillars and bring them home, and he collected coins."

"Keith was a cheerful child, and, in a time when children's experiences were confined to the

neighbourhood where they were born, he enjoyed street games, marbles and cycling."

"He was a young boy with a 'happy-go-lucky attitude and a cheeky grin', who kept leaves in a

Your post actually made me feel very sad, sad for Keith's mum.

found.

:( Poor little chap.

Your post actually made me feel very sad, sad for Keith's mum.

Yes, that is a very sad story. The whole Moors murderers saga is just a damning indictment of how low some humans (in the loosest sense of the word) can go.

On a slightly lighter note, Bill Hicks was right about how we (the public) laud mediocrity: we worship at the shrines of James Cordon, Simon Cowell, and their rotten ilk, while genuinely talented and gifted people (writers, artists, etc), who usually don't have huge egos to match their talents, are ignored. Meanwhile, Katie Price and Cheryl Cole make millions. That makes me sad.

These days?

This forum.

+1

Really have to limit my HPC exposure nowadays.

And being selective about which threads to read.

Too much pessimism was having an adverse effect on my general demeanour.

"don't worry children......dad's just been on that bloody website again"

Being unable to do everything I could before I had the stroke. And the fact that my then GP could have prevented it had he been any good at all.:(

+1

Really have to limit my HPC exposure nowadays.

And being selective about which threads to read.

Too much pessimism was having an adverse effect on my general demeanour.

"don't worry children......dad's just been on that bloody website again"

yep....I have come back for a reason but a break from this site is good for your mental health :D

Guest X-QUORK

1. Having to move again because my landlord wants to sell.

2. Human greed.

3. The thought of a painful and deprived old age.

4. Never owning a house.

5. Animals/people suffering from physical/mental abuse.

6. My Dad's illness.

Right, anyone got some rope?

Working my backside off in a mundane job to pay the bills etc. then finding out I'm significantly worse off per-annum than a neighbor who spends all day procreating and/or sitting on their flabby, bone-idle **** watching Sky and drinking Strongbow.

Currently re-evaluating my situation.

This sums up my mood too. I think my frequent visits here don't help as I see no light at the end of the tunnel.

I feel like I'm running to stand up. I'm constantly working and yet all I see around me is people either not working or doing a lot less than me but with more reward. This isn't just making me sad it's starting to make me ill and I'm like a human pressure cooker.

............and that Keith Bennett story has now made me feel worse :(

1. Having to move again because my landlord wants to sell.

2. Human greed.

3. The thought of a painful and deprived old age.

4. Never owning a house.

5. Animals/people suffering from physical/mental abuse.

6. My Dad's illness.

Right, anyone got some rope?

I'll lend you some :lol::lol:

What's this "sad" thing?

:P

* - hope ccc won't mind me putting words in his mouth

Seeing people trying hard to be successful with honesty and integrity being pulled down by others.

It seems everywhere I turn there are these charlatans and rip off merchants who have only ever have achieved through deceit.

Guest BetterOffOnBenefits

found.

This is why I am pro capital punishment....middle eastern style

Guest BetterOffOnBenefits

Realising that everything I was taught at school, either the subject matter (maths, english etc) or the moral guidance (don't slack, don't be dishonest) was complete nonsense and/or a waste of time.

I am no Tory supporter ( I mistrust all politicians) but I genuinely feel a weight has been lifted since the election. Yes, we are in for dreadful times ahead ( we all knew that before the election) but I only realised just how much Labour, particularly it's contempt for democracy, civil liberties and privacy, was depressing me. I guess that I know things are bad, but at least the people continually making things worse have gone for the time being.

The cynic in me tells me that the new regime will have it's own way of makings worse in due course, of course, but for the moment I feel relatively carefree.

:P

* - hope ccc won't mind me putting words in his mouth

Enough !!

Nah I do find things sad too. Young people being lonely & bullied is one that really does it for me. No need for it. I couldn't be a teacher. If I saw a kid being bullied I think I would just take a bar and beat shit out the coward. Don't think I would last long.

Really? :unsure:

Yeah, t'was an embarrasingly low paying job in fairness but there you go. Neighbour said one day it wouldn't be worth their bother getting anything paying less than 25k workwise, good work if you can get it I suppose.

Meh.

Guest X-QUORK

Defiance of logic. People who argue from an irrational standpoint.

Everything is so simple. People complicate things. Unncessarily.

Its irritating and annoying.

2eol2zq.jpg