House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ralphmalph

Lord Myners Labour Minister Big Mate Of Brown Says

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Politics/Labours-Economic-Record-Attacked-By-Lord-Myners-Former-City-Minister-Slams-Flawed-Thinking/Article/201006215646027?lpos=Politics_First_Poilitics_Article_Teaser_Regi_0&lid=ARTICLE_15646027_Labours_Economic_Record_A

When your biggest supporters say you were a complete joke you know you will have no legacy. Brown has delusions of running the IMF well this has just banged the final nail in that coffin.

I love the line about him sitting in meetings listening to oafs talking about creating jobs everywhere.

I no longer think labour were evil or insane, just really, really stupid.

I love the line about him sitting in meetings listening to oafs talking about creating jobs everywhere.

I went to on a tour arranged by the chamber of commerce just before we joined the euro trade zone, and the bods we met on our journey were all into this, simply joining would create thousands of jobs and opportunities for us businessmen.

when questioned it was mainly admin....we asked if the Europeans didnt already have suppliers for our products...the reply was of course, but we could set up partnerships to increase trade....I asked how that wouldincrease trade....i wasnt answered of course.

It seems that for speech purposes, phrases like " it will create jobs" are good...but the actuality is that there is no logic in many of their schemes.

sack them all.

I went to on a tour arranged by the chamber of commerce just before we joined the euro trade zone, and the bods we met on our journey were all into this, simply joining would create thousands of jobs and opportunities for us businessmen.

when questioned it was mainly admin....we asked if the Europeans didnt already have suppliers for our products...the reply was of course, but we could set up partnerships to increase trade....I asked how that wouldincrease trade....i wasnt answered of course.

It seems that for speech purposes, phrases like " it will create jobs" are good...but the actuality is that there is no logic in many of their schemes.

sack them all.

The EU does create jobs, just ask Neil Kinnock and Peter Mandelson. Unfortunately, they neglect to mention it only creates them for themselves.

Excerpt from Myners interview:

"There is nothing progressive about a government that consistently spends more than it can raise in taxation and certainly nothing progressive that endows generations to come with the liabilities incurred with respect to the current generation."

This travesty has been discussed on HPC for a few years now...seems that few bothered to listen.

Why is it that Gordon Brown (ex PM..for those who forget, easily done) and cohorts are allowed to disappear into the undergrowth?

They should be held accountable for their incompetence and not allowed to sit ,as they do, in smug opposition in the House of Commons.

Yes I can just imagine the conversation.

"What would happen if we put massive taxes on air travel."

"A British entrepeneur would create a cheaper, greener way of flying, it is obvious, yah."

"and that would create millions of jobs and Britain would be a world leader in mass transport by glider."

"Winner all round lets do it."

Ed Balls has been squealing, IMPO, like one of those fervent Nazi and adorers of Hitler who didn't really want to do anything nasty but all the others made him do it. Now we have this Myners guy - who next?

I suspect in the coming months we will have more and more of them coming out - probably once they have secured a lucrative book and newspaper serialisation deal for their memoirs - saying that it was all done to the nasty Blair and Brown that made them do it.

Absolutely disgusting - they have indebted and bankrupted the nation with the end result being a weaker UK and years of austerity for the majority of us. Of course, they will have their cusy MP pensions whilsts loads of old and sick people live in poverty.

Shooting is too good for this lot.

TMT in "I am not an angry person but this lot take the biscuit' mode.

Edit:

Not that I am likening Balls with a Nazi in any way but just remarking that people are now coming out of the woodwork saying they diagreed with some of Labour's policies but, for reasons unknown, were not prepared to speak out at the time even though they were in Government and some in the Cabinet.

Pretty disgusting IMPO.

Edited by The Masked Tulip

Ed Balls has been squealing, IMPO, like one of those fervent Nazi and adorers of Hitler who didn't really want to do anything nasty but all the others made him do it. Now we have this Myners guy - who next?

I suspect in the coming months we will have more and more of them coming out - probably once they have secured a lucrative book and newspaper serialisation deal for their memoirs - saying that it was all done to the nasty Blair and Brown that made them do it.

Absolutely disgusting - they have indebted and bankrupted the nation with the end result being a weaker UK and years of austerity for the majority of us. Of course, they will have their cusy MP pensions whilsts loads of old and sick people live in poverty.

Shooting is too good for this lot.

TMT in "I am not an angry person but this lot take the biscuit' mode.

Aren't you going to blame the fallout on the evil Tories and the uncaring people in the South East?

This idiot should be stripped of his title. Why didn't he have the balls to speak out 18 mths ago? His thoughts must have been the same then.

Also he was the tool that approved Fred the Shreds pension without a blink of the eye.

Also he was the tool that approved Fred the Shreds pension without a blink of the eye.

These chancers don't have a shred of integrity, pride or self-respect. They'll do anything and say anything to keep themselves in place.

Guest sillybear2

"There is nothing progressive about a government that consistently spends more than it can raise in taxation and certainly nothing progressive that endows generations to come with the liabilities incurred with respect to the current generation."

Clear logic, but 13 years too late.

Rats. Sinking ship. Though I hesitate to insult our muroid cousins so. :unsure:

Why is it that Gordon Brown (ex PM..for those who forget, easily done) and cohorts are allowed to disappear into the undergrowth?

because one of the first things they did when they snuck into power was to pass a new law saying that anything they did while in Parliament wasn't actionable afterwards.

That's when I left the country - I could see which way the wind was blowing.

You've now got a few years to see if a slightly less mendacious bunch of twats can put it right.

If they can't, you should all go and watch 'Brazil'.

BTW, Dr Blubb, nice picture - where did you steal it from?

ALL HAIL SPLINE, THE NEW BUBB!!!

Edited by PropertyGuru

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Politics/Labours-Economic-Record-Attacked-By-Lord-Myners-Former-City-Minister-Slams-Flawed-Thinking/Article/201006215646027?lpos=Politics_First_Poilitics_Article_Teaser_Regi_0&lid=ARTICLE_15646027_Labours_Economic_Record_A

When your biggest supporters say you were a complete joke you know you will have no legacy. Brown has delusions of running the IMF well this has just banged the final nail in that coffin.

Good find. So why didn't he say these things before the election I wonder? ;)