House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

The Crash Did Not Happen...the Crash Did Not Happen...

The crash just didnt happen...did it:

http://www.rightmove...y-30203816.html

Sold at the peak of the property market:

23rd Aug 2007

2 Billing Road, Northampton NN1 5AN

£352,000

Zoopla estimate:

£294,209

http://www.zoopla.co...n1-5an/16362586

Asking Price:

£389,950

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

They need their heads looking at. The agents need their heads looking at. Anyone that buys it need their heads looking it.

This is northampton center and its been hit hard and bad. The prices are still down 20%.

What are the agents thinking....

That that's how much the current owners NEED to break even having bought it on a 110% IO mortgage?

There will always be people who price their property according to what they want / need and rightly so, but pity whichever poor fool doesn't think to do their own checks or STILL don't know about websites like houseprices.co.uk and realise how much they're being ripped off.

A commodity is only worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. If someone is willing (stupid) enough to come and offer this much for the place, they'd be stupid not to sell. That's why they're trying it on at the moment.

That that's how much the current owners NEED to break even having bought it on a 110% IO mortgage?

There will always be people who price their property according to what they want / need and rightly so, but pity whichever poor fool doesn't think to do their own checks or STILL don't know about websites like houseprices.co.uk and realise how much they're being ripped off.

A commodity is only worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. If someone is willing (stupid) enough to come and offer this much for the place, they'd be stupid not to sell. That's why they're trying it on at the moment.

I'll keep an eye on this. I know that it took 12 months to sell the last time it was on the market and dropped in asking prices from £425K to £375K.

The one next door, which is smaller, is up for sale for £325K and the commercial one next door to that is up for sale too if memory serves me right, but dont know for how much.

It amazed me how much the agents are either lying to the vendors or trying to rip people off. I guess if they are stupid enough to buy it....but I thought they put self harmers in straight jackets :lol:

I think now that we have seen the return of these crazy prices you just know that sellers are back out in force and trying to offload the rubbish they bought at stupid prices. The dead cat bounce is over...long live the recovery.

A commodity is only worth whatever someone is willing AND ABLE to pay for it. If someone is willing but needs a a big mortgage then I would hope that the mortgagers might spot the 2007 sale price and say no.

A commodity is only worth whatever someone is willing AND ABLE to pay for it. If someone is willing but needs a a big mortgage then I would hope that the mortgagers might spot the 2007 sale price and say no.

With a 30% deposit the banks probably/possibly wouldnt loose out when it's repo'd. Anything less than that and they would.

You'd kinda hope someone might point it out to a buyer, a buyer's solicitor certainly should and the surveyor might.

The onlt think is, this is in the center of Northampton and that has really tanked....this place:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-21896545.html

has been up for sale for around 2 years, some property development job...started off at £249K, put it up to £259K. It did go SSTC once but came back on.

I guess people are hoping beyond hope they dont get stuck with the hot potato. I personally think they've missed their chance, from what I see, the rush to sell it most definitely on...

The crash just didnt happen...did it:

http://www.rightmove...y-30203816.html

Sold at the peak of the property market:

23rd Aug 2007

2 Billing Road, Northampton NN1 5AN

£352,000

Zoopla estimate:

£294,209

http://www.zoopla.co...n1-5an/16362586

Asking Price:

£389,950

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

They need their heads looking at. The agents need their heads looking at. Anyone that buys it need their heads looking it.

This is northampton center and its been hit hard and bad. The prices are still down 20%.

Firstly putting a Zoopla estimate into your post doesn't help your case, its about the most unrelaible tool going.

That aside though Northampton does seem a strange place to have weathered the storm, but unless you know the property in detail there may be a story behind it.... eg when it sold it was a wreck, prices have dipped by 10% and then risen a little which when combined with a complete refurb/extension/whatever means there is some justification to the price.

You may not be guilty but many make these sorts of posts without knowing the full story fo the property and believe it or not it can make a difference..... if however nothing has been done to it then like you I would be at a loss to understand the pricing ( although northampton is not my arera and I may be doing it down, it could be the new K and C for all I know)

Firstly putting a Zoopla estimate into your post doesn't help your case, its about the most unrelaible tool going.

That aside though Northampton does seem a strange place to have weathered the storm, but unless you know the property in detail there may be a story behind it.... eg when it sold it was a wreck, prices have dipped by 10% and then risen a little which when combined with a complete refurb/extension/whatever means there is some justification to the price.

You may not be guilty but many make these sorts of posts without knowing the full story fo the property and believe it or not it can make a difference..... if however nothing has been done to it then like you I would be at a loss to understand the pricing ( although northampton is not my arera and I may be doing it down, it could be the new K and C for all I know)

Fair points...

I do know the property in question very well, I know the old owner !!!! That's why I know it was originally on at £425K and was reduced to £375K before it started getting viewings/offers.

It sold in prime condition.

It sold right at the peak of the market so is a good yardstick to the insanity of the UK housing market.

Northampton Town itself has been severly hit both economically and house price wise.

The town is in a shocking state and the property in question is in the central position in the town.

So, this particular place of real interest as I know some background behind it. I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens with it.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Fair points...

I do know the property in question very well, I know the old owner !!!! That's why I know it was originally on at £425K and was reduced to £375K before it started getting viewings/offers.

It sold in prime condition.

It sold right at the peak of the market so is a good yardstick to the insanity of the UK housing market.

Northampton Town itself has been severly hit both economically and house price wise.

The town is in a shocking state and the property in question is in the central position in the town.

So, this particular place of real interest as I know some background behind it. I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens with it.

They've just put a nice new fountain on the market square though...........

They've just put a nice new fountain on the market square though...........

Yes, and dont forget the £458K lights !!!!!

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/Big-switchon-for-458k-Market.6349396.jp

These bozo's just dont get it do they.

Northampton burns while they fiddle !!!!

P.S. And don't forget the Big screen showing of the england games:

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/England-versus-Slovenia-will-be.6349060.jp

I think showing the polish games would be more appropriate.

I hate to say this but you can see the riot and the expensive clean up coming....

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Yes, and dont forget the £458K lights !!!!!

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/Big-switchon-for-458k-Market.6349396.jp

These bozo's just dont get it do they.

Northampton burns while they fiddle !!!!

P.S. And don't forget the Big screen showing of the england games:

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/England-versus-Slovenia-will-be.6349060.jp

I think showing the polish games would be more appropriate.

I hate to say this but you can see the riot and the expensive clean up coming....

£450K on lights seems a pretty outrageous waste of money.

They'll be getting a monorail in next, mark my words!!

monorail.gif

Edited by Roseland69

One wagon can be stopped by a grain of sand in the wheel hub, another can keep going when all 4 wheels have dropped of and the horses have died. :lol: There's no logic to it.