House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Ayatollah Buggeri

How To Keep The Pikeys Out, Chinese Style

Torygraph (my emphasis):

Yang Youde, who lives on the outskirts of the bustling city of Wuhan, in central Hubei province, said he had fended off two eviction attempts with his improvised weapon [a home-made rocket launcher], which uses ammunition made from locally sold fireworks. "I shot only over their heads to frighten them," he told the China Daily of his attacks on demolition workers sent to move him off his land. "I didn't want to cause any injuries."

The rockets, which can travel over 100 yards, exploded with a deafening bang, the official paper added. It did not say if anyone had been injured.

His approach is more aggressive than most, but Mr Yang's problem is a common one.

Anger over property confiscation is one of the leading causes of unrest in China, with many people forced to give up homes and land to make way for anything from roads to luxury villas.

Mr Yang said the local government had offered him 130,000 yuan (£13,000) for his fields, on which they want to erect "department buildings". He said the land is worth five times that amount.

Construction ditches have already been dug across the land of less obstinate neighbours.

A first eviction team attacked Mr Yang in February after his rockets ran out, but local police came to his rescue. In May he held off 100 people by firing from a makeshift watchtower.

The government is planning to reform property confiscation rules, but rights groups say the changes do not go far enough to address the potentially destabilising issue.

Enterprising chap! The only problem is that he seems to have the same HPI delusions as his western counterparts...

cannon2_1652941c.jpg

Torygraph (my emphasis):

Enterprising chap! The only problem is that he seems to have the same HPI delusions as his western counterparts...

cannon2_1652941c.jpg

Maybe 65K isn't that outrageous an estimate for fields of land on which they plan to erect luxury villa's?

Guest X-QUORK

Hmmm...if that's China, I suspect he'll be taking some 7.62mm sleeping pills shortly.

Hmmm...if that's China, I suspect he'll be taking some 7.62mm sleeping pills shortly.

Yes, I think the other day some developers buried alive an old woman who got in the way with the aid of the police .

Guest theboltonfury

If he's not already being used as ballast for a new skyscraper.

Problems just tend to 'disappear' in China.

Nah nothing will happen to him, nothing will happen to him because he has ALREADY gotten famous and into the public eye such people once they get into the public eye are very hard to dispose of.

There was another guy called the needle where builders demolished EVERYTHING around him leaving a 5 metre deep trench around his house and he refused to move, people saw his fortitude and bought him food and water daily, many people saw what happened many people knew about it and therefore getting rid of him wasn't really possible.

As their society progresses it is much harder to bump people off than in the past, the UK government wanted to murder Andrew Gilligan, remember when they put out a press release saying Gillian was depressed and highly suicidal? Gilligan saved his skin by immediately releasing a statement that this was lies if he hadn't done it he'd be found dead in the woods.

BTW the type 97 actually uses a 5.56mm round.

Torygraph (my emphasis):

cannon2_1652941c.jpg

The problem is land value is meaningless, namely because the PRC in 1949 decreed ALL land belonged to the state and effectively private ownership of anything wasn't really legal due to a system of collectivisation. The PLA enforce this Injin style with guns, effectively this shows a crumbling of China's for the good of society mentality.