House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Spain...going Down...

I contacted an estate agent in spain 2 years ago to offer to buy one of these:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property/property-29426525.html?premiumA=true

I offered £30K, they laughed and said no change.

"€45,000 2 bedroom apartment for sale"

That's about £37K in todays money.

I'm glad I didnt buy one now and wouldnt pay anything for one :lol:

http://www.rightmove...l?premiumA=true

Do the E45,000 include the cost of bulldozing them when they decide they are illegal?

Strangely, I spent a week at this place on a boys golf holiday. The villa we stayed at was owned by "Dodgy Dave" a pub landlord back in blighty. He bought his for alot more than that. Horrible place, full of Brits, fish and chip shops and caffs.

Do the E45,000 include the cost of bulldozing them when they decide they are illegal?

These have been up for at least 20 years so the chances of that are slim. My FIL had one of these - he sold mid nineties. I don't know exactly what he sold it for but I think around £20k but I bet these were up for around 100k during the boom. GloomMonger summed the place up nicely btw.

These have been up for at least 20 years so the chances of that are slim. My FIL had one of these - he sold mid nineties. I don't know exactly what he sold it for but I think around £20k but I bet these were up for around 100k during the boom. GloomMonger summed the place up nicely btw.

I've stayed round that way twice. First time it was quite nice. Nice gold course, couple of nice bars, not too crowded.

Move forward 5 years, the motorway had been built, the investment houses built, the area packed, the prices sky high.

The 2nd trip wasnt so enjoyable.

I do know someone that owned one of the flats, they paid £24K for it 1995.

Suddenly these things dont look like investments but instead, wieghts round your neck.

At least at 24K you can write it off. People were trying to sell these for £150K 3 years ago. Anyone fancy one of them ?

This one is at the lower end of the scale and I doubt they will go much cheaper...but then again, they might.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

I've stayed round that way twice. First time it was quite nice. Nice gold course, couple of nice bars, not too crowded.

If only :)

This one is at the lower end of the scale and I doubt they will go much cheaper...but then again, they might.

cuadro de esclavos, anyone? :)

Hmmm but the Balearic islands are still mega expensive...

I will sell you my place cheap in Mallorca,the place is very quiet at present,and i can see the prices droping quickly.

Edited by barrabus

Hmmm but the Balearic islands are still mega expensive...

I was over in Ibiza last week and prices seem pretty expensive still.

Don't know how many are selling though.....

Ibiza doesn't have these endless "urbanisations" of new-build blocks, so I don't think it will be hugely affected by the boom and bust.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property/property-29426525.html?premiumA=true

I like the way that one and a half miles away including a dash across the motorway, is "near to the beach"

tim

how about:

"Yes, you can really own your home in the sun and beauty of Galicia, for as little as 15.000 UK sterling"

http://www.rightmove...y-29911541.html

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What sort of freaking joke is this???!? It's not a home, it's a hovel or shack! I like the way they say 'Not needing too much work carrying out on it.' - yeah right! :rolleyes:

my parents bought in la zenia , lovely townhouse for £35k in 1999 (pesetas still , think it was 10 million) , sold in 2003 for 125k euro . prics went mad in that period. have seen them asking 125k euro today and not selling. luckily they moved into the country towards aspe/elche to avoid the concrete jungle.

30k is about right for a bog standard 2 bed flat in costa blanca.

the nature of my work i can work from anywhere , and the other half might be starting to work 4 days rather than 5 (public sector) so a bolt hole for long weekends / working from abroad would be great. this part of spain really has been ruined tho.

i'll probably wait till 2012 (tshtf time) and buy something in costa del sol on a golf course (not one of the overbuilt ones). id go for south of france but 2/3 beds 100m2 on a golf course by the sea will still be funny money

Edited by getdoon_weebobby