House Price Crash Forum

Cheerful News From Property Snake...

HOLA441

I still look at property snake from time to time.

Today I looked at Northamptonshire, as I do, and listed all the properties according to current price.

Here's the link:

http://www.propertysnake.co.uk/site/location/1147/1/curr_price_desc

And here's what I saw...see attachment....

6 of the 10 most expense properties in Northants have dropped their prices this week.

Nice to see.

NoticeAnything.JPG

post-10812-12759988221462_thumb.jpg

HOLA442

Look at this one, over a 1,000 days on the market.

http://www.propertysnake.co.uk/site/detail/7804629

£117,500 (DOWN 21% from £149,995)

Offered to the market is this three (nn1)

3 bedroom semi detached

Last updated 14 May 2009.

Event History

date event

31 Aug 2007 First day listed (price £149,995)

04 Oct 2007 Price changed from £149,995 to £147,500

13 Nov 2007 Status changed from listed to delisted

29 Nov 2007 Status changed from delisted to listed

27 Apr 2008 Status changed from listed to delisted

17 May 2008 Status changed from delisted to listed

23 Sep 2008 Price changed from £147,500 to £134,995

14 Mar 2009 Price changed from £134,995 to £132,499

30 Apr 2009 Status changed from listed to delisted

10 May 2009 Price changed from £132,499 to £119,999 Status changed from delisted to listed

14 May 2009 Price changed from £119,999 to £117,500

HOLA443

I still look at property snake from time to time.

Today I looked at Northamptonshire, as I do, and listed all the properties according to current price.

Here's the link:

http://www.propertysnake.co.uk/site/location/1147/1/curr_price_desc

And here's what I saw...see attachment....

6 of the 10 most expense properties in Northants have dropped their prices this week.

Nice to see.

Interesting.

The fourth one from the top started at £1,465,452.

It seems to be on at £965,000 now.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29116247.html

HOLA444

The fourth one from the top started at £1,465,452.

It seems to be on at £965,000 now.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29116247.html

As keen as I am to see house prices falling, I think you should know that the £1,465,452 should read $1,465,452 since the data they use is from Wall Street Journal Real Estate website, pricing in dollars (and they're not converting it)

HOLA445

As keen as I am to see house prices falling, I think you should know that the £1,465,452 should read $1,465,452 since the data they use is from Wall Street Journal Real Estate website, pricing in dollars (and they're not converting it)

Makes sense.

I wondered if there was an exchange rate effect with all of the frequent price changes.

It looks as if the WSJRE site is a bit "buggy".

HOLA446

Heh

inspired by this thread I had a look a Propertysnake for my area

I posted this in the Welsh section, but it's probably good enough news to be here as well :)

here's a nice one

http://www.propertysnake.co.uk/site/detail/27376970

20% drop. A miwwwwion quid is still a fck of a lot for Usk, but it's a good sign :)

edit:

and another

http://www.propertysnake.co.uk/site/detail/30489488

that one's down 23% :)

HOLA447

Look at this one, over a 1,000 days on the market.

http://www.propertysnake.co.uk/site/detail/7804629

£117,500 (DOWN 21% from £149,995)

Offered to the market is this three (nn1)

3 bedroom semi detached

The 1000 day club has lots of members now !!!

It's quite shocking really.

Image what impact properties like the one you listed will have on the Nationwide, Halifax and Land Registry indexes when they eventually find a buyer!!!!

The house price crash is here, no one knows it yet because no one can afford to buy a house :lol:

P.S. Some are only around 50 days short of the 3 year club !!! Now that is a long time to be trying to sell, you could have sold at 40% less three years ago, bought gold and been better off !!! I wonder how much people like this will have lost in real terms another 3 years,

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA448
The house price crash is here, no one knows it yet because no one can afford to buy a house

I check Maidenhead / SL6 area, Birmingham and London on rightmove on a daily basis with Property Bee add-on on Firefox for properties changes within last 24 hours and I'm seeing the same thing in every area; large number of new instructions, between 10 and 25% of changes being price reductions, up to 10% of properties becoming available despite being SSTC or under offer.

Anyone who has the time (and inclination) to check these areas on a daily basis will see the same. I suspect it's being repeated across a whole number of areas. It doesn't mean that the new instructions are being priced sensibly (often they're not) but when a 2-bed flat in a brand new development is being marketed at £300k and then one appears on the Land Registry having sold at £220k, it doesn't take a genius to work out while some offers are being retracted.

It's odd tho as it did this leading up to the election and then seemed to return briefly to silly season. Announcement of emergency budget and possible CGT changes seem to have kick-started it again, but depending on what happens on 22nd could be just another false dawn. I fear for it to really kick-off, we're going to have to wait for the redundancies to really kick in and another banking scandal.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I check Maidenhead / SL6 area, Birmingham and London on rightmove on a daily basis with Property Bee add-on on Firefox for properties changes within last 24 hours and I'm seeing the same thing in every area; large number of new instructions, between 10 and 25% of changes being price reductions, up to 10% of properties becoming available despite being SSTC or under offer.

Anyone who has the time (and inclination) to check these areas on a daily basis will see the same. I suspect it's being repeated across a whole number of areas. It doesn't mean that the new instructions are being priced sensibly (often they're not) but when a 2-bed flat in a brand new development is being marketed at £300k and then one appears on the Land Registry having sold at £220k, it doesn't take a genius to work out while some offers are being retracted.

It's odd tho as it did this leading up to the election and then seemed to return briefly to silly season. Announcement of emergency budget and possible CGT changes seem to have kick-started it again, but depending on what happens on 22nd could be just another false dawn. I fear for it to really kick-off, we're going to have to wait for the redundancies to really kick in and another banking scandal.

The main thing we are going to have to wait for is the prices to drop to a level where people are able to afford to buy a house....then the figures will hit the indexes.

Repo's cant be far off making a return to the market, the government funding of people to stay in their houses is one of those luxuries we cant afford to keep going....so the banks should be allowed to reposses again. Well done though to Gordon brown for giving people an extra 18 months in their homes, long enough to save a rental deposit...I hope.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

The 1000 day club has lots of members now !!!

It's quite shocking really.

Image what impact properties like the one you listed will have on the Nationwide, Halifax and Land Registry indexes when they eventually find a buyer!!!!

The house price crash is here, no one knows it yet because no one can afford to buy a house :lol:

P.S. Some are only around 50 days short of the 3 year club !!! Now that is a long time to be trying to sell, you could have sold at 40% less three years ago, bought gold and been better off !!! I wonder how much people like this will have lost in real terms another 3 years,

I'm still laughing at this one CountofNowhere! What's more it's actually true!!!!!!!!

My snake is definitely slithering down for sussex. Many more drops on there than last October.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Heh

inspired by this thread I had a look a Propertysnake for my area

I posted this in the Welsh section, but it's probably good enough news to be here as well :)

here's a nice one

http://www.propertysnake.co.uk/site/detail/27376970

20% drop. A miwwwwion quid is still a fck of a lot for Usk, but it's a good sign :)

edit:

and another

http://www.propertysnake.co.uk/site/detail/30489488

that one's down 23% :)

According to my Property Bee, that 2nd one started at £849,950 (dropped to £785k on 15/11/08) - making that a fall of 29%!

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I've seen a couple of them too. I explain them by thinking the vendors are getting low offers, say 20% below asking, so they put their prices up so they get 20% below asking at a higher asking price....this might come to be known in the future as "gordon's logic".

HOLA4417

I've seen a couple of them too. I explain them by thinking the vendors are getting low offers, say 20% below asking, so they put their prices up so they get 20% below asking at a higher asking price....this might come to be known in the future as "gordon's logic".

...that's what I thought ;)

..well they must be desperate thou :lol:

Edited by LittleSteroid

HOLA4418

Event History

date event

31 Aug 2007 First day listed (price £149,995)

04 Oct 2007 Price changed from £149,995 to £147,500

13 Nov 2007 Status changed from listed to delisted

29 Nov 2007 Status changed from delisted to listed

27 Apr 2008 Status changed from listed to delisted

17 May 2008 Status changed from delisted to listed

23 Sep 2008 Price changed from £147,500 to £134,995

14 Mar 2009 Price changed from £134,995 to £132,499

30 Apr 2009 Status changed from listed to delisted

10 May 2009 Price changed from £132,499 to £119,999 Status changed from delisted to listed

14 May 2009 Price changed from £119,999 to £117,500

Bet he wishes he'd put that on the market for £117,500 in 2007, he'd probably have got it and saved himself a lot of grey hairs. After years of ramping it's going to take people a while to deprogram themselves and get to grips with the mechanics of a bear market. Lesson 1: The seller who cuts fastest sells first while the market price is nearer the top. The stubborn ones who insist on "holding out for what it's worth" are going to lose the most, plus if it was granny's old house they'll have chipped in a few years of council tax and gardening/repairs for nowt.