House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tip Top

French House Market?

I have a small french flat that we are thinking of selling in the South of France not far from Nice.

Can anybody advise as the strength of the house market in France? is it simillar to the UK i.e. almost seeing yoy falls and large drops in mortgage approvals?

I am thinking that it is a good time to get out but its very hard to tell from here.

I have a small french flat that we are thinking of selling in the South of France not far from Nice.

Can anybody advise as the strength of the house market in France? is it simillar to the UK i.e. almost seeing yoy falls and large drops in mortgage approvals?

I am thinking that it is a good time to get out but its very hard to tell from here.

If you speak French have a look at

http://forums.lesechos.fr/view.php?site=ec...&key=1124437907

(very roughly the equivalent of the FT forum, only better)

or

http://www.bulle-immobiliere.org/

(very roughly the equivalent of this forum, only worse)

If you don't speak French , the simplistic summary is that the French market lags the British one and that they are (perhaps!) peaking around now.

Edited by Bucephalus

> French market lags the British one and that they are (perhaps!) peaking around now.

Difficult to tell. "official" prices are getting flat but not really down...Apparently 20%off the asking price is the norm now.

Nice will stay a ever popular place on the long term imho.

Have a look and ask the question at french housing forum

Another popular forum is this one:

La bulle

Very bearish site, they're really trying hard to prove house prices will drop...So they can buy ;>

I have a family member who runs an estate agents in S France and apparently the market is not moving. Only a few sales this year compared to lots last year.

My parents have also just sold their place in France, but they took a low offer to get out quick.