House Price Crash Forum

The Bbc And Your Money

Dubai

HOLA441

I just have to post this......

Let's refresh our memory with a quote from the BBC TV Licence Fee website:

Spending your licence fee

"Most of the new savings will come from being smarter and sharper about how we run the BBC. The savings we generate are being reinvested in high-quality content and new technology for the future."

Now, you probaly already know my feelings about the 2010 World Cup following a recent subtle hint but even so....... what the ******etty ****** is this then:

It's the BBC Football World Cup Studio and it's cost the licence fee payer over a million quid to perch that ******ing flat pack box on top of a hospital in Cape Town. All of the BBC live studio coverage will be based there even though most major matches, including the final, are being played 1,000 miles away in Johannesburg.

What the ******!

And the best bit?

Rest here.... http://grumpyoldtwat.blogspot.com/2010/06/bbc-give-your-licence-fee-lift.html

HOLA442

I just have to post this......

Let's refresh our memory with a quote from the BBC TV Licence Fee website:

Spending your licence fee

"Most of the new savings will come from being smarter and sharper about how we run the BBC. The savings we generate are being reinvested in high-quality content and new technology for the future."

Now, you probaly already know my feelings about the 2010 World Cup following a recent subtle hint but even so....... what the ******etty ****** is this then:

It's the BBC Football World Cup Studio and it's cost the licence fee payer over a million quid to perch that ******ing flat pack box on top of a hospital in Cape Town. All of the BBC live studio coverage will be based there even though most major matches, including the final, are being played 1,000 miles away in Johannesburg.

What the ******!

And the best bit?

Rest here.... http://grumpyoldtwat.blogspot.com/2010/06/bbc-give-your-licence-fee-lift.html

and those who don't want to pay license fee at all as its bloody unfair & a government propaganda tool.

HOLA443

and those who don't want to pay license fee at all as its bloody unfair & a government propaganda tool.

Well, there is that too..... I posted it more for the comedy value of the article. Having put up with TV abroad for a long time, you will miss the Beeb if it goes..... and if it doesn't want to go, it really ought to be more careful with your cash!

Archived