House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oliver Sutton

Opening Links

Is there any forum setting that makes links open in a separate tab, instead of the same one?

All other forums seem to open links in a new tab.

Cheers

Right click on the link and choose "open in new tab"

Is there any forum setting that makes links open in a separate tab, instead of the same one?

All other forums seem to open links in a new tab.

Cheers

Maybe it depends on your browser. I usually click the middle button (in fact it's a wheel) on my mouse to open a link in a new tab. I thnik you can change some setting (in Firefox at least) to make the left button do that all the time.

That's what I've been doing.

Under the old format links opened in a new tab by default.

Middle button doesn't work and mouse gives me no option to re-prorgam it.

That's what I do. IF I remember, which half the time I don't.

Hopefully the next version of the forum software will go back to the old way of doing things.

Depending upon your browser and OS, try pressing 'Ctrl' or something similar when clicking a link.

Thanks for all the replies.

I'd just prefer links to open in a new tab as default. Saves on the finger usage.

What would other people prefer?

They should be able to have an individual forum setting for your preference.

Thanks for all the replies.

I'd just prefer links to open in a new tab as default. Saves on the finger usage.

What would other people prefer?

They should be able to have an individual forum setting for your preference.

My middle finger relishes this new task. It has become less withdrawn and I think that much of its lost self-esteem is back. So long as it doesn't become too assertive and demanding, I think that relationships across the digits will be improved. Left little finger has started bitching about "Shift" limiting its career prospects and could it possibly expand to "Ctrl" but left index finger doesn't want to give that up, particularly as a move to the Windows key seems to do nothing under Linux.

p-o-p

Just click the link with the middle mouse button (scroll wheel) and it will open in a new tab. You can also middle click the tab to close it