House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sledgehead

Are You A Sh!t Parent Too?

So it's hot and you have your front door open to let the breeze through.

Upstairs I have put a briefcase with £1m in crisp twenties in a cot in the spare room. My deal is you get to keep the money if it's still there in the morning, BUT, you must leave the front door open all night.

Do you :

a ) sit munching nachos with the telly up full blast, before flaking out on the couch / crawling upstairs to your beddy-bise, or;

b ) park yourself in the front-doorway / cot all evening and all night?

if only fox hunting hadnt been banned... foxes are a wild dog, they are as wild as a wolves and should be treated as a dangerous animal not something that needs to be protected at all costs.

probably all the new secure bins in the area, foxes can't get at the goodies, so go looking for other nibbles.

There's a lot of 'presumed's and 'allegedly's in the reporting of this story. Something more to it?

Apparently some numpties actually feed urban foxes.

Probably the same tits who don't want foxes controlled under any circumstances.

'Foxes are fluffy... but they eat children... maybe I should get a gun..., oh hang on, I want all guns banned... maybe guns and foxhunting should be banned, but with a chattering classes exemption so we can protect our children... better stop leaving plates of Waitrose chicken outside the back door at nght... Tristram! Keep Clementine away from the cat flap until I've worked out what to do...'

but with a chattering classes exemption so we can protect our children

said on a message board devoted to political/economic chat.

if only fox hunting hadnt been banned... foxes are a wild dog, they are as wild as a wolves and should be treated as a dangerous animal not something that needs to be protected at all costs.

I could be wrong, but I don't think there have ever been packs of horses and hounds pursuing foxes though the streets and gardens of Stoke Newington. Anyway, isn't it still perfectly OK to kill foxes by other means if you want to? (Not that I think that would make much difference in this case. Yesterday's story is the first time I ever recall hearing of a fox (allegedly) attacking a human being, in contrast to quite regular stories of people being seriously injured by dogs kept as domestic pets.)

Upstairs I have put a briefcase with £1m in crisp twenties in a cot in the spare room. My deal is you get to keep the money if it's still there in the morning, BUT, you must leave the front door open all night.

Do you :

a ) sit munching nachos with the telly up full blast, before flaking out on the couch / crawling upstairs to your beddy-bise, or;

It depends. Do you live in a "£800,000 three-storey Victorian terraced house in Stoke Newington, East London" ? :lol:

Daily Mail Linky

God, I'd love to see a hunt piling down Peckham high street in full toot!

As far as the OP's comments go, I think it was the back door they left open, and who'd have thought that a fox attack would be a serious threat????

Do you :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/7808513/Fox-attack-left-babies-covered-in-blood-says-mother.html

'Foxes are fluffy... but they eat children... maybe I should get a gun..., oh hang on, I want all guns banned... maybe guns and foxhunting should be banned, but with a chattering classes exemption so we can protect our children... better stop leaving plates of Waitrose chicken outside the back door at nght... Tristram! Keep Clementine away from the cat flap until I've worked out what to do...'

On the league table of dangerous animals (there is one) the humble Fox is pathetically low, in fact it doesn't even make the list. However, as there has been a couple of incidences of babies being bitten in the last few hundreds-of-years - chasing them to exhaustion, trapping them then having them torn apart by Dogs is perfectly justified. The 'art' should be extended to more dangerous animals of course, for example:

Humans

Cows

Horses

Birds

Worms

Dogs

Cats

Fish

etc....

I wonder what the sight of a pack of Dogs accompanied by humans on horse back chasing horses, Dogs and humans to torture them to death would look like?

On Vine a human claimed foxes were "pure evil" because they attacked cats.

However, humans attack cats too!

Man sets cat on fire and tortured 2 others

and babies!

Man kills baby

and cats are no angels when it comes to babies:

Sleeping cat suffocates baby - Telegraph

On the plus side however, cats attack rats.

Rat Attacks Baby’s Face

But that won't stop them suffocating your baby. Or being chased off by a fox. And just in case you were thinking a dog might be handy to attack the fox:

Dog kills baby

But at least the dog will frighten away the human - remember:

Man kills baby

Wow, this problem is just like so intractable.

If only there were some way of keeping your baby safe!

Really ?

For fox sake !

Can I give you a lickle clue about this thread. It ain't got nothin to do with foxes. Nor has the story that inspired it.

I could be wrong, but I don't think there have ever been packs of horses and hounds pursuing foxes though the streets and gardens of Stoke Newington.  Anyway, isn't it still perfectly OK to kill foxes by other means if you want to?  (Not that I think that would make much difference in this case. Yesterday's story is the first time I ever recall hearing of a fox (allegedly) attacking a human being,  in contrast to quite regular stories of people being seriously injured by dogs kept as domestic pets.)

foxes are solitary animals, if there are too many foxes in an area they look for more space and move into the towns and cities. By keeping fox numbers down most will stay in the countryside. Not sure how you would go about a fox cull, without hunting them in some way, they are very very mobile...

Woman who lives round my dads way feeds the foxes because she thinks that way the foxes will leave her cats alone.

But the foxes get more and more brazen. Now even walking around in daylight, whereas before you would never see them.

The fox attacked the children as they slept in the Stoke Newington house.......but the ambulance was called to Homerton, E9. Daily Mail appears to have made some mistake. Had they needed to feature a cheaper property it may have damaged their ramping credentials!!! What sharp teeth that fox has. Time we restarted hunting, at least within the M25.

foxes are solitary animals, if there are too many foxes in an area they look for more space and move into the towns and cities. By keeping fox numbers down most will stay in the countryside. Not sure how you would go about a fox cull, without hunting them in some way, they are very very mobile...

So nothing to do with access to easy food sources then? If we just freed up a bit of space in the massive expanse of countryside then the Urban Fox would 'relocate' with their families?

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

[quote name=Oh Well :(' date='07 June 2010 - 01:36 PM' timestamp='1275914168' post='2559165]

The twins parents are involved in TV, therefore cant tell truth and lies apart. I bet this will turn out to be their own dog that savaged the kids.

"Dingoes ate my baby!"

http://news.bbc.co.u...nd/10251349.stm

"I see no reason why [it would attack] unless it jumped into the cot and then found itself with squirming children underneath it and couldn't get out."It just doesn't make any sense to me
The stupidity is incredible, it was being a fox! When a fox gets into a chicken coup it kills all the chickens first, and then takes one away and leaves all the others dead, foxes intentionally waste. The fox is doing its natural thing and killing all the living creatures in the room before it would take one away, I assume the behaviour is to make people starve or move away...

I wonder what the sight of a pack of Dogs accompanied by humans on horse back chasing horses, Dogs and humans to torture them to death would look like?

So do I. Let's do it.