House Price Crash Forum
ZR_Seanie

Went To See A House

Hello All

I went to see a house this weekend that has been on the market over a year. Apparently its an old Lady who passed away

I went to see the house and the EA was very honest and said they have had it for a year and its not moving

I quite liked the house so made an offer well below asking as its already 30K overpriced

The house is up for 209K which is madness for a 3 bed in Milton Keynes

The reply from the EA was:

The feedback is they will only entertain offers with a 2 infront of them.

HAHHAHA good luck

Just thought i woudl share this with the room.

Hello All

I went to see a house this weekend that has been on the market over a year. Apparently its an old Lady who passed away

I went to see the house and the EA was very honest and said they have had it for a year and its not moving

I quite liked the house so made an offer well below asking as its already 30K overpriced

The house is up for 209K which is madness for a 3 bed in Milton Keynes

The reply from the EA was:

The feedback is they will only entertain offers with a 2 infront of them.

HAHHAHA good luck

Just thought i woudl share this with the room.

Did you try and help the EA see the possible connection with it "not moving"? Evidently they were incapable of figuring it out by themselves!

That would have been funny.

The EA was the first that i have seen that seems to be normal and i even told him it was nice to meet an EA without to much hair gel and full of attitude

The property has been marketed with 2 EA's now and apparently they refuse to lower the price.

If this crash does happen this/next year some people are going to be in for a shock.

Hello All

House stands empty. Multiply by a million variants on the story, and you get a housing shortage.

This is why there needs to be a meaningful land value tax. The owners need some incentive to put the house back into use, either by selling or letting it.

Did you try and help the EA see the possible connection with it "not moving"? Evidently they were incapable of figuring it out by themselves!

yeah he did tell me that they have told them that but it want SSTC in april and then fell through and they are "waiting for the same offer"

It was bought in April 2006 for 215 and considering all of the news and price reductions in the last 3 years they have not lowered the price at all.

Just shows that some people are completly mad

Should have said OK,

How about £29,950.

:lol:

:-) v good - we all must do this if an EA quips out this little gem!!!

don`t estates in the UK have to be `settled` with-in a certain period of time - 1 year / 18 months ??

suppose this is not an issue if there is only one beneficiary, but if there are two or more and also inheritance tax issues, then what ?

forced sale ?

I'm going to view a house on Saturday. Just for fun you inderstand as I have no intention of ever making an offer. Just want to have a chat to the agent and judge some sentiment. Also I like being nosey and have wondered what this one is like for some time. Been on the market for over a year with one (2.5%) reduction I'm january.

I would say the house is 50% overvalued.

its about time there was some reality out there.

I for one am sick of feeling that i can only ever afford a tiny box house.

It kind of feels as if the crash had never happened.

its about time there was some reality out there.

I for one am sick of feeling that i can only ever afford a tiny box house.

It kind of feels as if the crash had never happened.

It hasn't.

don`t estates in the UK have to be `settled` with-in a certain period of time - 1 year / 18 months ??

suppose this is not an issue if there is only one beneficiary, but if there are two or more and also inheritance tax issues, then what ?

forced sale ?

Prob no inheritance tax here anyway but if there is, so long as you can demonstrate to HMRC that you've been trying to sell and can't, they usually let you get away with paying an initial 10% and then rack up interest til you can pay them.

House stands empty. Multiply by a million variants on the story, and you get a housing shortage.

This is why there needs to be a meaningful land value tax. The owners need some incentive to put the house back into use, either by selling or letting it.

they will be paying council tax if it has been on the market for a year.

mrs oil has been rather insistant that we buy a house. I'd rather buy a bunker and fill it with food, guns and tin foil hats... but that's another story....

We found a house we both really liked and started offering... outbid, outbid, outbid... eventually had to stop bidding once the sweat started on the brow.

Turns out the buyer is a propper cash buyer (no mortgage at all) and is turning the orchard out the back into a heli-pad.

I was b#ggered from day one - we'd have never got it - all we managed to do was get the vendor an extra 75k,.

The interesting thing is that I am an UBER bear but even I was tempted back in - we are at that classic "bear trap" (or is it bull trap?) moment where even I start to think maybe it's all going to just keep being propped up for ever and ever amen.

The next most interesting thing is that the estate agent slagged off the buyers helicopter saying it was a "crappy robson" - how aloof is that!? I don't have a helicopter and I am never likely to have one - but surely neither is the estate agent (PLEASE IF THERE IS ANY JUSTICE, LET THAT BE TRUE). How can he slag off this guys helicopter! It is better than my frikkin' NO helicopter!

Mind you, the neighbours would have preferred me, the wife and kids to a flippin helicopter commuter.

so I am in rented waiting for the perfect house. I can live with house prices remaining static or going down... but them keep going up really sucks.

Mrs oil is not believing me any more!!!

Peak Oil.

Hi All

I am totally shocked at the prices in Milton Keynes being right back where they were pre crash or pre correction.

I am going to rent and carry on saving as i think you cannot loose doing that

all of the signs point to more drops on the way, just now i saw on the news another load of cuts for germany and we have our emergency budget in two weeks.

Why do the &*() find it so hard to realise that we cannot live beyond our means forever.

This site has taught me so much.

There was a house opposite my in-laws that went on the market after the old fella that lived there died. The family initially put the house on the market in 2007 at £185,000. Price didn't budge over the course of the next couple of years and was finally reduced to £165,000 in late 2009.

The house has now been sold, family have moved in. Look at "houseprices.com" to see what the house eventually sold for, £130,000!!

If the family hadn't been so greedy and put the house on at a more realistic £165k in 2007 it probably would have sold, as it is they chased the market down and eventually sold at marked down price.

mrs oil has been rather insistant that we buy a house. I'd rather buy a bunker and fill it with food, guns and tin foil hats... but that's another story....

We found a house we both really liked and started offering... outbid, outbid, outbid... eventually had to stop bidding once the sweat started on the brow.

Turns out the buyer is a propper cash buyer (no mortgage at all) and is turning the orchard out the back into a heli-pad.

I was b#ggered from day one - we'd have never got it - all we managed to do was get the vendor an extra 75k,.

The interesting thing is that I am an UBER bear but even I was tempted back in - we are at that classic "bear trap" (or is it bull trap?) moment where even I start to think maybe it's all going to just keep being propped up for ever and ever amen.

The next most interesting thing is that the estate agent slagged off the buyers helicopter saying it was a "crappy robson" - how aloof is that!? I don't have a helicopter and I am never likely to have one - but surely neither is the estate agent (PLEASE IF THERE IS ANY JUSTICE, LET THAT BE TRUE). How can he slag off this guys helicopter! It is better than my frikkin' NO helicopter!

Mind you, the neighbours would have preferred me, the wife and kids to a flippin helicopter commuter.

so I am in rented waiting for the perfect house. I can live with house prices remaining static or going down... but them keep going up really sucks.

Mrs oil is not believing me any more!!!

Peak Oil.

Very funny. EAs are like some of those flunkies who hang around the Royals- in the end they assume the heirs and graces of the Royals whilst on a servants' wage.

yep greed all the way, just watch on the news on bbc that MK has good private sector employment, there we have it that must mean the rest of europe can crash but not MK lol