House Price Crash Forum

Food Stamps In The Usa

HOLA441

As productivity rose from the 70's until today.. in many industries huge productivity rises, there should have been rising real wages. Instead there was stagnation and now outright falls in real wages.

that's because central banksters stole all the fruit of people's productivity gains.

That might have been Elizabeth Warren who was a professor at Harvard I believe and did a great job of collecting and comparing the statistics.

notice in her presentation how the costs that have risen most since the 70s are those where state intervention has increased the most, e.g. health insurance.

Elizabeth Warren herself does not make the connection, but it is obvious.

HOLA442

that's because central banksters stole all the fruit of people's productivity gains.

notice in her presentation how the costs that have risen most since the 70s are those where state intervention has increased the most, e.g. health insurance.

Elizabeth Warren herself does not make the connection, but it is obvious.

I agree with you. State intervention and regulations like medical certifications are what is causing the inflation of costs in medicine. Limit the supply of doctors well below demand and also put an infinite bid in with state funded insurance and there will be constant inflation in those costs. Making people in that system rich.

She mentioned how people think clothing is a big part of peoples budgets.. but how it has been falling as a percentage of expinditures for decades. Notice clothing is out on the free market. But what if to make clothing you by law needed a doctorate in tailoring, and to purchase clothing you had to go through a licensed clothing merchant who also held a doctorate and was limited in supply.

A good percentage of the population would not be able to afford clothing at all without state funding.

HOLA443
Guest sillybear2

"The woman who answered the phone -- it's not like she wasn't nice or anything -- but it was kind of evident that she wasn't in the States," Brown said.

It turns out the woman was at a JP Morgan Chase call center in India.

"That really put me over the edge," said Brown, 52, of Jupiter, Fla. "It's not right because we need the work here. People are in a bad way here."

:lol:

The Indian lady no doubt appreciates what real starving people look like, there's probably a few begging outside of the very building.

Top Indian graduate on $1 an hour :- "Ok Miss Madam your food stamp application will be processed imminently, a new card will be sent to you from our plant in New Mexico, is there anything else I can help you with?"

Redneck :- "Yeah, ya'll all know whether I also qualifty for a gastric band on Medicare?"

Indian graduate :- "Stares in wonder at the ass of a fat elephant wondering past her glistening tower"

HOLA444

Several States With High Unemployment Are Outsourcing Food Stamp Services

Henry Ford knew what was wrong with this picture. The US is applying one short-term fix after another, like a junkie high on a cocktail of debt and cheap Chinese goods. Instead of going to rehab, they're opting to OD.

HOLA445

One prediction some of us automation gurus made is that in time a growing percent of the population would rely on the state for their sustenance. Food, health care, housing, welfare money.. of course schooling and day care for their kids. Including state provided meals for their children.

The time required for improvements in tech is only a few years, whereas the time taken for biological evolution is millions of years. Humans will soon be irrelevant in every mental and physical task. Very soon perhaps we will reach a point where by the time a human being has trained in a certain discipline, that discipline has already gone obselete.

HOLA446

The time required for improvements in tech is only a few years, whereas the time taken for biological evolution is millions of years. Humans will soon be irrelevant in every mental and physical task. Very soon perhaps we will reach a point where by the time a human being has trained in a certain discipline, that discipline has already gone obselete.

Yes indeed. Already in many manufacturing areas the machines have an absolute advantage. The quality and consistency of their production is above the finest human hands. So even if the human worker was cheaper the company would have to be willing to accept a lower quality.

Imo the same thing will happen over the next 4 decades across all areas of economic life.

Machines have another great advantage related to your point about training. To teach one human being to be say a medical doctor in our system takes about 20 years of education. But when you teach a new robot how to do a task you simply download the new set of instructions. Even instructions into the many Gigabytes can be downloaded in a few minutes.

HOLA447

Yes indeed. Already in many manufacturing areas the machines have an absolute advantage. The quality and consistency of their production is above the finest human hands. So even if the human worker was cheaper the company would have to be willing to accept a lower quality.

Imo the same thing will happen over the next 4 decades across all areas of economic life.

Machines have another great advantage related to your point about training. To teach one human being to be say a medical doctor in our system takes about 20 years of education. But when you teach a new robot how to do a task you simply download the new set of instructions. Even instructions into the many Gigabytes can be downloaded in a few minutes.

Well we've had a hiatus in manufacturing, people were willng to do it cheaper at lower cost and machines were replaced by labour for many tasks - China. Once the western companies were shut down the machine tools were then shipped over though.

Other points, yes that is the trend, an extending performance base of machines and spread of their influence.

HOLA448

Well we've had a hiatus in manufacturing, people were willng to do it cheaper at lower cost and machines were replaced by labour for many tasks - China. Once the western companies were shut down the machine tools were then shipped over though.

Other points, yes that is the trend, an extending performance base of machines and spread of their influence.

However, as has been pointed out before, once machines are doing everything, how are the majority of people going to earn money to pay for the raw materials and fuel they consume, the goods they produce and the services they provide? Once a tipping point is reached, the whole shebang will falter, go into reverse and/or collapse.

In fact, it may already be doing so.

HOLA449

However, as has been pointed out before, once machines are doing everything, how are the majority of people going to earn money to pay for the raw materials and fuel they consume, the goods they produce and the services they provide? Once a tipping point is reached, the whole shebang will falter, go into reverse and/or collapse.

In fact, it may already be doing so.

thats why Politicians want to educate the population with degrees.

they think the economy will be based on "knowledge" in the future.

I have absolutely no idea what they are on about.

Someone please give me the knowledge.

HOLA4410

thats why Politicians want to educate the population with degrees.

they think the economy will be based on "knowledge" in the future.

I have absolutely no idea what they are on about.

Someone please give me the knowledge.

It's probably something they thought up in the back of a taxi to buy time.

HOLA4411

It's probably something they thought up in the back of a taxi to buy time.

Its not anew idea either...I heard this muted by Blair...probably the Tories before them

the point is, with all our technology, we produce enough wealth to sustain everybody in comfort, and most would have to work few hours. if only most of the money generated to transfer the wealth wasnt skimmed and wasted by so few.

HOLA4412

Its not anew idea either...I heard this muted by Blair...probably the Tories before them

the point is, with all our technology, we produce enough wealth to sustain everybody in comfort, and most would have to work few hours. if only most of the money generated to transfer the wealth wasnt skimmed and wasted by so few.

You are likely correct, but remember the devil makes work for idle hands. Nothing scares your masters more.

• 6 years later...
HOLA4413

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-09/ebt-card-outage-8-days-june-and-many-americans-are-still-waiting-food-stamp-money

Submitted by Michael Snyder via The Economic Collapse blog,

Widespread reports continue to pour in from all over the nation of “glitches” with the food stamp system. It is eight days into the month and large numbers of people still have not received their benefits, and in other instances it is being reported that EBT cards are simply not working correctly. So what in the world is going on here? On downdetector.com there are scores of reports of problems with the EBT system from people all over the nation. Could this simply be another example of government incompetence, or is something else at work here?

I had heard some rumblings about this over the past few days, but I had not really taken them seriously until I read an article from highly respected author Ray Gano

It interesting over the weekend I got several emails telling me about cell phones being down, internet being down, and get this, EBT cards not working and having no money associated to them.
This is a concern because when the US Government has payment failures, then there is possibly something happening that the press is not telling you about.
Now, we know that computers have problems and that states, counties and cities run on computers. But what is interesting is that since the beginning of 2016, The US government has had over 2,700 reports on
http://downdetector.com/status/snap-ebt' title="downdetector.com" rel="external nofollow">
showing that they have been late loading the money onto these EBT cards.

Folks, we are now going on 8 days where the Government has not paid the EBT payments so that people have food

So I went over to downdetector.com myself, and I was stunned to see that reports of EBT outages continue to pour in every hour. Here are just a few of the recent comments that have been left by people that are still waiting for their food stamp benefits for June…

Heidi Lynn: I was supposed to get mine on the 5th and still nothing. Even ebt NJ site says $0 as well as my EBT card says $0. I’m on disability. I forgot to add I tried calling NJ Board of Services and was on hold for over an hour. I had to hang up to take dog out, etc. Does anyone know what’s going on yet?
Ann Wilson: Now that it’s been a whole week since I was supposed to get my June benefits, and haven’t, I’m planning on going to my Illinois FCRC office. I hope they will be able to fix this difficulty.
Jenn Johnson: I always get mine on time. I was due to get mine today June 7th and nothing. I am from kentucky. Why is there nothing on the news about this?
Jarrett Manhart: Havnt received mine either. They are never late. And my fone is off so i cant call em. Im on Wi-Fi down the street from me.
Sunny Nicole Jones: I haven’t gotten mine either! I’m glad it’s not just me though because then I would really be worried!

But when I went to confirm these widespread outages with articles from the mainstream media, I came up empty.

Either the mainstream media does not know what is going on yet, or it is being ignored.

HOLA4414

Curtently in Portland Oregon, was in San Diego last week. Have'nt been out west for a few years, Astonishing levels of homelessness. Many panhandlers clearly have severe mental or physical disabilities (amputees, stumps on display begging). To be frank its a bit like something from the middle ages.

I am told by others i meet that San Francisco is worse as other californian towns are encouraging the homeless to move there, most of the city centre is just plain dangerous at night...

Edited by debtlessmanc

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Not sure what to make of this when a family we're friends with get so many food stamps that they have spare and get us some stuff as well. And they just bought a brand new 7 seater car (probably worth $30k ish, but probably on credit)

HOLA4417

posted 10 hours ago

An unidentified woman recently trashed a convenience store, purportedly because her Electronic Benefits Transfer card -- for food stamps -- was refused. A video (below) of the incident was posted on LiveLeak on May 29 and went viral.

The woman repeatedly says, "Call the police" and "Do your job" as she pulls merchandise off the shelves and onto the floor, reports The Daily Caller.

Eventually, she is pushed out of the store by some workers.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/woman-trashes-store-food-stamps-card-refused-video

---

MI5’s maxim is that society is “four meals away from anarchy”.

HOLA4418

It seems EBT goes down fairly often?

One time it went offline and they had infinite spend - people realised this and emptied the shelves.

^2013

^2016 - commentary from the ground

Edited by 200p

HOLA4419

Some of the comments:

this is not a test it's the start they said they were going to cut 1.5 million people off starting April 2nd 2016 and be completed by September 1st 2016

---

The EBT cards are working correctly. They have a zero balance because they are no longer eligible for benefits. It's that simple. 500,000 to 1 million people are sited to fall off the EBT rolls this year. They didn't read the fine print and are now getting a dose of reality. Gunna be a long hot summer.

HOLA4420

Some of the comments:

this is not a test it's the start they said they were going to cut 1.5 million people off starting April 2nd 2016 and be completed by September 1st 2016

---

The EBT cards are working correctly. They have a zero balance because they are no longer eligible for benefits. It's that simple. 500,000 to 1 million people are sited to fall off the EBT rolls this year. They didn't read the fine print and are now getting a dose of reality. Gunna be a long hot summer.

At least the US jobs market is booming so all these people can find work! So these people now have nothing to live off?