House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pl1

Bbc Website Getting "slashdotted"?

I suspect it is. People with agendas etc.

So following on from the Direct Action thread http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=144371, I thought it might be an idea if HPC'ers could "slashdot" a BBC story discussing high UK House prices and get it up in the bbc's news page most read list. It will only have to appear low down for non-hpc'ers to see what all the fuss is about. Maybe some mumsnetters and/or msm forum members can post the same story.

I just couldn't find any! Well not easily.

This was the best I could do, if you can click it, I'm sure that's all you have to do. Doesn't matter that it's a few years old, the other slasdotted stories are too (and it's a bit regional):

CLICK HERE!

edit: hold down ctrl key to make it appear in new tab if you are on ie/ff

I've noticed that too.

There's a 4 y.o. story in the top 10 now about a child being executed in Iran. Anti-Iranian (or pro Israel, or both) multiple clicking I presume.

Yes there have definitely been plenty of old stories appearing, mostly wierd stuff like that translation error on a Welsh road sign. Other than that execution one, they're not suggestive of any particular 'agenda' in my opinion.

They are generally in the Most Shared bit, though, not the Most Read. Don't you need to email the page to somebody to get onto the Most Shared list?

Once again, the execution one is different, appearing on Most Read, clearly something that Zionist NWO conspiracy theorists should look into.

I've seen this as well, though I have a theory it's being done by people from Pakistan...

...why? Well. the story I always see up there ay no.1 is the one about condoms being too small for Indian men!!

Not sure if this is a similar problem..http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100603/1653109680.shtml

Someone who prefers to remain anonymous sent over this story about how Associated Press stories hosted on Yahoo News appear to have tons of comments from old stories. It's not entirely clear what's happening, though I have my suspicions (explained further down), but it appears that when new stories are showing up on certain topics, Yahoo is simply copying over older comments from previous stories on similar or related topics. The comments look as if they're about the story posted -- and the only way you can tell they're not is if you notice the date:

So what article are we going to target?

I've tried to find an old BBC Article from may 2008 when halifax prices fell 2.4% but I can't find anything, all articles are from 2007 or 2009!

Right, I found it on the bloc archive ... title is a fantastic "UK home prices 'fell 2.4% in May' "

http://news.bbc.co.u...ess/7437132.stm

I've clicked on that several times.... is that "slash dotting"? :unsure: