House Price Crash Forum
South Lorne

Public Servants Receiving Pension And Salary

Hopefully the new budget contains a very simple rule for taxpayer funded expenditure on individuals.

No person may have more than one source of taxpayer funded income. This includes pensions, salaries and consultant fees.

For the purposes of these calculations, all the income of companies where at least 10% of the ownership or voting control is held by an individual recieving any source of taxpayer funded income will be attributed 100% to said individual and treated as individual rather than corporate income.

Plenty of this goes on in the private sector too.

And you also pay for that every time you buy private sector goods.

What's your point?

If I could choose from a menu of tax rates and available services, I would be less fussed.

I have some or a lot of choice in my private sector purchases.

I have no choice with respect to taxes paid.

What's your point?

....smells of nepotism and holds back jobs from the younger generations ....what's your point ..?.that it's OK as long as the public are paying .... :rolleyes:

What's your point?

Erm, how many public sector people retire at 50 with a two thirds final salary pension.

Guest absolutezero

Erm, how many public sector people retire at 50 with a two thirds final salary pension.

Not very many.

Guest absolutezero

....smells of nepotism and holds back jobs from the younger generations ....what's your point ..?.that it's OK as long as the public are paying .... :rolleyes:

Either it's right for both or it's wrong for both.

Take your pick.

Guest absolutezero

If I could choose from a menu of tax rates and available services, I would be less fussed.

I have some or a lot of choice in my private sector purchases.

I have no choice with respect to taxes paid.

You can be ripped off by Shell or BP or Total petrol stations.

You can be ripped off by Asda or Morrison's or Tesco or Sainsbury's.

You can be robbed by Vodafone, Three, Virgin, Orange or O2.

So much choice!

Are you mentally impaired, on drugs, or just being an ass?

All of the companies you mentioned above offer a genuine choice. Have you noticed the different products and prices when you visit a Sainsbury's vs an Asda? Or is this just some kind of illusion?

So much choice!

....but most of the fuel cost is tax ....the supemarkets are competitive as are the phone companies if you shop for the deal to suit you....what is your point...?.... :rolleyes:

Guest absolutezero

Are you mentally impaired, on drugs, or just being an ass?

All of the companies you mentioned above offer a genuine choice. Have you noticed the different products and prices when you visit a Sainsbury's vs an Asda? Or is this just some kind of illusion?

I notice the prices of individual goods varies but the sum total of my shopping isn't really affected by where I shop.

Guest absolutezero

....but most of the fuel cost is tax ....the supemarkets are competitive as are the phone companies if you shop for the deal to suit you....what is your point...?.... :rolleyes:

There isn't actually any choice at all. Unless you're taken in by the spin.

So much choice!

I can walk, cycle, take the bus, buy a frugal diesel or buy a high performance car to control my energy consumption.

I can became as self sufficient as I want to be or buy my food.

I don't need a mobile phone.

The choice about consumption exists well before the decision is made to choose a supplier.

There isn't actually any choice at all. Unless you're taken in by the spin.

...I don't agree ....you would like everything run by the State just like North Korea ....these days are over comrade ....even countries go bust now..... :rolleyes:

I notice the prices of individual goods varies but the sum total of my shopping isn't really affected by where I shop.

But there are choices regarding quality and what is on offer.

I can buy things in Morrison's that Sainsbury's doesn't sell. Vodafone offers me network coverage that Three doesn't. BP can't stop pumping oil into the Gulf of Mexico but Shell can...

Guest absolutezero

I can walk, cycle, take the bus, buy a frugal diesel or buy a high performance car to control my energy consumption.

I can became as self sufficient as I want to be or buy my food.

I don't need a mobile phone.

The choice about consumption exists well before the decision is made to choose a supplier.

But that is two different things.

Guest absolutezero

...I don't agree ....you would like everything run by the State just like North Korea

I'm not saying that. I'm just not taken in by the illusion of "choice" in the private sector, whereas really there isn't much choice at all.

Guest absolutezero

But there are choices regarding quality and what is on offer.

I can buy things in Morrison's that Sainsbury's doesn't sell. Vodafone offers me network coverage that Three doesn't. BP can't stop pumping oil into the Gulf of Mexico but Shell can...

Doesn't really help your case. Reverse what you said:

You can buy things in Sainsbury's that Morrisons doesn't sell. (Failure as they don't sell what you want.)

Three offers you network coverage that Vodafone doesn't. (Failure as neither offer a proper network coverage.)

Shell could have a similar accident.

...yeah ...but doesn't affect the taxpayer in cost due to waste , lack of forward planning , nepotism and inefficency .... :rolleyes:

Guest absolutezero

...yeah ...but doesn't affect the taxpayer in cost due to waste , lack of forward planning , nepotism and inefficency .... :rolleyes:

But as soon as someone buys one the lack of choice becomes apparent.

But as soon as someone buys one the lack of choice becomes apparent.

...choice for most people is decision before you buy....therefore there is choice in the private sector ....in the public sector there is no choice and Labour made it worse by throwing money at services to solve the problem ....in the private sector the uncompetitive fail and go out of business (except when Labour rescued certain Banks) ....throwing money at it is waste...that is what Labour Governments do ..... :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, the public are all angered out after working themselves into a frenzy over the trivial amounts of MP's expenses

The real problem with our deficit is the public sector's outrageous misuse of taxpayer cash, such as arrangements like this

But do we have the stomach for the lengthy struggle ahead to wrestle these thieving shits hands from out of our pockets

That is the point that I am trying to make.

I have a bit of control over how much of my money is wasted in the private sector.

I have very little control over how much of my money is wasted in the public sector.