House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alex Samoa

Uk House Price Crashers - Facebook Group - Make It Crash

I hope I'm OK posting on here, we're all in it for the same thing. What I want is to gather people together to pro actively try and do anything and everything to precipitate a UK house price crash. Create a new confidence in falling house prices to combat the delusional rising price confidence manufactured by the vested interests over the last decade by collectively flooding the internet with house price doom and gloom . Only in the Britain could prices rise in the midst of the longest recession in history.

UK House Price Crashers

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=124068244291283

Please Join and help to crash the UK housing bubble.

I hope I'm OK posting on here, we're all in it for the same thing. What I want is to gather people together to pro actively try and do anything and everything to precipitate a UK house price crash. Create a new confidence in falling house prices to combat the delusional rising price confidence manufactured by the vested interests over the last decade by collectively flooding the internet with house price doom and gloom . Only in the Britain could prices rise in the midst of the longest recession in history.

UK House Price Crashers

Hi and welcome.

Don't know if you are aware but there already exists a facebook group - Homebuyers strike - which will hopefully discourage potential buyers and thus reduce supply (just trying to avoid duplication).

See link below..

UK House Price Crashers

Enjoy your censored internet.

UK House Price Crashers

We pretty much already do this here. We have a facebook page, lobby mp's and add readers comments to online newspaper articles. Nice post on the rightmove facebook page. I've been posting on their for sometime although I don't think I'm well liked. You should stick around here seems like you'd fit in well.

I don't think too many would be prepared to join a facebook group that is actively orchestrating a house price crash. At least not with their real profiles.

We pretty much already do this here. We have a facebook page, lobby mp's and add readers comments to online newspaper articles. Nice post on the rightmove facebook page. I've been posting on their for sometime although I don't think I'm well liked. You should stick around here seems like you'd fit in well.

I don't think too many would be prepared to join a facebook group that is actively orchestrating a house price crash. At least not with their real profiles.

Pointless anyway. This sort of juvenile nonsense will have no effect on the market anyway which is due a crash due to macro-economic factors, this kind sort of thing just makes HPI bears a bit of a laughing stock.

add to that there are previous deranged posters that have threaten all HPCers with death, for that not worth revealing your identity. But you are a newbie with one post so what do you know about it?

Edited by AteMoose

Pointless anyway. This sort of juvenile nonsense will have no effect on the market anyway which is due a crash due to macro-economic factors, this kind sort of thing just makes HPI bears a bit of a laughing stock.

not when your quoting sound fundemental evidence. Some post I see are bit silly especially if they are blatant copy and paste jobs but most are well though out articulate comments. But I do agree with you, HPC will happen regardless of our compaigning against HPI.

Only in the Britain could prices rise in the midst of the longest recession in history.

...what did you expect under the golden bubble boy Gordo B.....I suggest the prices will adjust to realistic levels as soon as the coalition deconstruct the artificial girders put in place by the delusional liebour ..campaign or no campaign .. :rolleyes:

Ah that's the spirit - why don't we just roll over and let the VIs dominating the mainstream media brainwash the masses.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the point of the HPC website to provide some kind of balance to counteract this brainwashing?

Now we can sit here all day long and whinge amongst ouselves, or we can TRY and do something ie take the message out to a wider audience. Ever come across the term preaching to the converted?

UK House Price Crashers

Krusty will turn peuce!

Ah that's the spirit - why don't we just roll over and let the VIs dominating the mainstream media brainwash the masses.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the point of the HPC website to provide some kind of balance to counteract this brainwashing?

Now we can sit here all day long and whinge amongst ouselves, or we can TRY and do something ie take the message out to a wider audience. Ever come across the term preaching to the converted?

Good post.

I agree wuth you NEO72.

...the idea is to unwind the lies ...there are VIs everywhere ....but they are highlighted instantly on this site... :rolleyes:

Guest BetterOffOnBenefits

You correctly identified the whole raison d'etre of this site.

Guest BetterOffOnBenefits

This is sad but true and indicative of the sorry state of brainwashing that our country has reached.

It's fine to welcome rampant HPI with open arms. Support an HPC though and you're as bad as someone who votes for child labour, you heartless callous ****

Well AFAIK there's nothing 'illegal' with flooding the internet with personal cynical opinions on imminent House Price Armageddon. Why would anyone ever use a 'real' profile in the internet for anything?

Mega H.P.I. only occurred as with any bubble due to a mass belief that prices would rise and easy availability of banks lending fake money they didn't actually have (as we found out). If you kick-start a mass belief that prices will drop like a lead balloon then they will. It's a confidence trick and can work both ways up and down. If 25% of people in the public sector lose their jobs and with mortgage on benefits reducing and rents on benefits being capped and endless other reasons, it's not difficult to convince people who may be thinking of buying to wait a year or to and save 30%. Once the repo's begin to accelerate this/next year it will drive down the prices and cash will be king.

I plan to buy from some over leveraged sucker (200k mortgage on a 30k job) at auction in a years time at 40% below peak. The clever people have already sold up and are cash rich. I can enjoy the freedom becoming a born again renter gives me, free to emigrate at the drop of a hat if needs be, with cash no problem. I have fallen out of love with the fake security of owning bricks and mortar and I'm not the only one I know to have gone from owner to renter in the last year. Bloody albatross round your neck when trying to sell during a downturn. I'm not going to sacrifice my new freedom willingly. ANYONE who owes over 3 x their salary is a sucker and have paid through the nose for an overpriced asset, good luck when the sh1t hits the fan next year.

I KNOW I could weather any depression (assuming the banks don't collapse) cos I have plenty cash, not bricks which in the immediate short term is a much safer bet. There's no worry of getting left behind with rising house prices any more as no one can afford them anyway so if they magically went even higher no one could still afford them so no change there, just a clearer message to emigrate with your skills and taxes to somewhere more rewarding!

England is a deluded place in house prices even more so than football! Wakey wakey

BTW my intention re Facebook group (though have had zero time to spend on propagating it since inception) was to take a far more hardcore approach to killing HPI confidence stone dead and replacing it with pure panic to precipitate the crash our economy needs if it is ever to readjust. Drop your price 10% and sell up BEFORE interest rates rise, you lose your job and when everyone else is forced to do the same when you'll have to drop 20% or more. Fact is the government NEEDS prices to fall and as soon as the banks are recapitalised enough to take the hit they will pull out all the intervention and let it plummet. Remember The value of your investment may go up as well as down.

Well AFAIK there's nothing 'illegal' with flooding the internet with personal cynical opinions on imminent House Price Armageddon. Why would anyone ever use a 'real' profile in the internet for anything?

Mega H.P.I. only occurred as with any bubble due to a mass belief that prices would rise and easy availability of banks lending fake money they didn't actually have (as we found out). If you kick-start a mass belief that prices will drop like a lead balloon then they will. It's a confidence trick and can work both ways up and down. If 25% of people in the public sector lose their jobs and with mortgage on benefits reducing and rents on benefits being capped and endless other reasons, it's not difficult to convince people who may be thinking of buying to wait a year or to and save 30%. Once the repo's begin to accelerate this/next year it will drive down the prices and cash will be king.

I plan to buy from some over leveraged sucker (200k mortgage on a 30k job) at auction in a years time at 40% below peak. The clever people have already sold up and are cash rich. I can enjoy the freedom becoming a born again renter gives me, free to emigrate at the drop of a hat if needs be, with cash no problem. I have fallen out of love with the fake security of owning bricks and mortar and I'm not the only one I know to have gone from owner to renter in the last year. Bloody albatross round your neck when trying to sell during a downturn. I'm not going to sacrifice my new freedom willingly. ANYONE who owes over 3 x their salary is a sucker and have paid through the nose for an overpriced asset, good luck when the sh1t hits the fan next year.

I KNOW I could weather any depression (assuming the banks don't collapse) cos I have plenty cash, not bricks which in the immediate short term is a much safer bet. There's no worry of getting left behind with rising house prices any more as no one can afford them anyway so if they magically went even higher no one could still afford them so no change there, just a clearer message to emigrate with your skills and taxes to somewhere more rewarding!

England is a deluded place in house prices even more so than football! Wakey wakey

BTW my intention re Facebook group (though have had zero time to spend on propagating it since inception) was to take a far more hardcore approach to killing HPI confidence stone dead and replacing it with pure panic to precipitate the crash our economy needs if it is ever to readjust. Drop your price 10% and sell up BEFORE interest rates rise, you lose your job and when everyone else is forced to do the same when you'll have to drop 20% or more. Fact is the government NEEDS prices to fall and as soon as the banks are recapitalised enough to take the hit they will pull out all the intervention and let it plummet. Remember The value of your investment may go up as well as down.

I bet your well popular with your mates. I soon realised that telling someone the truth is not a way of making friends and influencing people. They have to come to there own conclusions.

I bet your well popular with your mates. I soon realised that telling someone the truth is not a way of making friends and influencing people. They have to come to there own conclusions.

Fake Mates lying to each other? yer sounds groovy, good luck with that. Back to the HPC.

The point is we had 10 years of the media, estate agents, banks and government all colluding to force prices through the stratosphere. The idea that another group of people may now wish to do the exact same thing in the opposite direction seems as natural as night becomes day or any pendulum swing. The UK housing market is like some 10 ton truck that's ground to a halt. We cannot push it back in the opposite direction ourselves but once it begins to roll back we can join in and add to its momentum and ensure it doesn't stall.

The gov should have raised CGT to 40% on houses from next April (give people time to get out if they wish it's only fair) and left it at 20% for shares. Investing in business boosts our economy but investing in houses is the root cause of this and many a prior recession. It's as obvious as the big fat nose on Gordon Browns stupid face yet no action - doh!

Fake Mates lying to each other? yer sounds groovy, good luck with that. Back to the HPC.

The point is we had 10 years of the media, estate agents, banks and government all colluding to force prices through the stratosphere. The idea that another group of people may now wish to do the exact same thing in the opposite direction seems as natural as night becomes day or any pendulum swing. The UK housing market is like some 10 ton truck that's ground to a halt. We cannot push it back in the opposite direction ourselves but once it begins to roll back we can join in and add to its momentum and ensure it doesn't stall.

The gov should have raised CGT to 40% on houses from next April (give people time to get out if they wish it's only fair) and left it at 20% for shares. Investing in business boosts our economy but investing in houses is the root cause of this and many a prior recession. It's as obvious as the big fat nose on Gordon Browns stupid face yet no action - doh!

Well it's not as bad as it seems. The CGT rate is based on total earnings including CG. So since you are likely to have made much more on selling a single house than selling a few shares its therefore likely it will take you into the higher bracket and the government can then take your extra money. With shares you can sell them gradually and avoid the higher rate or any tax at all. Sweet.

Can't wait for the extra jobs it creates investigating house sales to see if CGT tax was due and the seller lied about it being their primary residence. ;)

I KNOW I could weather any depression (assuming the banks don't collapse) cos I have plenty cash, not bricks which in the immediate short term is a much safer bet

Your obviously not in the inflationist camp then!

I agree with pretty much everything else you said. But no one will take any noticed of a facebook page with a few hundred nutters as members. You'd need to into the hundreds of thousands to get and publicity and there aren't enough HPC'ers out there as almost everyone in this country is against us.

Thankfully, it's happening regardless and there's nothing anyone can do about it, including the government.

Edited by Pent Up

BTW my intention re Facebook group (though have had zero time to spend on propagating it since inception)

And all of the people with a vested interest in a soft landing rather than a crash:

Business owners who rely on equity to support their business (and maybe pay your salary)

People who for whatever reason brought a reasonable house in 2005 to raise a family

some older pensioners who have used equity release to survive......

are going to be persuaded otherwise by a facebook group?

Remember in space no one hears you scream.

:lol:

UK House Price Crashers

Ignore the (cue American accent) haters! I will support your campaign and any other pro HPC campaign for that matter. I don't understand why people on this forum would think a Facebook campaign should be made up of 'nutters' while this forum is somehow sane?

I was fascinated that France went on strike last week when their govt made moves to put up their retirement age up from 60 to 62 while Britain, who is is looking at a pension age of 66, didn't bat an eyelid. Too busy watching the footie. Too busy 'avin it at Glasters. In fact, there were people on the news wittering on about how it was 'much better to keep yerself busy when you get old' with no thought that there may not be any jobs for them (or any they might actually want to do) when they got old.

Apathetic Britain. No wonder it's still trapped in a massive bubble.

But no one will take any noticed of a facebook page with a few hundred nutters as members. You'd need to into the hundreds of thousands to get and publicity and there aren't enough HPC'ers out there as almost everyone in this country is against us.

No The facebook group is not like some petition - a million members back clapping each other would change nothing. It was merely a place to galvanise people to branch out from closed communities of the converted into action to FLOOD the internet with endless posts warning of the impending crash that will break confidence (the lie that stoked up HPC in the first place). This then makes people decide to wait a while longer and so precipitate the crash this country (as a whole) needs if it is ever to get on a sane financial footing. First time buyers need to earn more than a politician in London/SE to get on the ladder it's a nonsense.

Re the other guy who had some plea about how a crash would be a bad thing. NO the bad thing was HPC that has cost us tax payers 300 billion so far in bank bailouts! We take on the risk so others can make money risk free! If you want to make money investing fair enough, buy shares and take on the risk. Making money out of property bubble that cause the near collapse of the country is a joke of a business only defended by the self interested. I do 'proper' work for my money so any poor-me pity nonsense from property gamblers will NEVER get any sympathy from me EVER! BTL under LieMore went from 1% - 10%!

I reckon 5 people working flat out for 3 months, flooding the net with HP negativity would be enough to break the evil spell of HPI confidence and precipitate the crash. Houses would only fall back to their true worth like any commodity, probably 50% off 2007 peak. I think that anyone who doesn't think this WILL happen and believes lies about property shortage or other factors having any influence are truly deluded. Lack of money because the debt tap of NeoLieMore has been turned off is the key factor that trumps all others by a mile. All that is swishing around now is old fake money transferred from one part of the bubble to the other be it via bomads or BTL mewing to expand or foreigners taking advantage of the weak (but strengthening) pound. First time UK buyers (real new money) are at an 18 year low and unless inflation goes through the roof, or banks return to 10x salary or liar loans will all but dry up. With no new fuel, the gravy train stops and rolls back down the hill The next decade has already been spent by Gordon Brown, cash is king, sell up now while you still can, the glut is building and once the momentum truly gets going and with no Flash (the cash) Gordon to re-inflate the bubble as in 2002/2005/2008, it's going down like Farages's plane. He walked away will you?

PS - What have England got in common with a tea bag? A tea bag stays in the cup for longer!

The England team were hoping their plane would be diverted to Glasgow so they could return to a hero's welcome!

David Blaine was upset today when his record for 'doing nothing in the box' for 44 days was broken by Wayne Rooney!

Edited by Alex Samoa