House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mightytharg

We Must Stop This Happening Again

After the tragedy in Cumbria, it has emerged that one of the causes was excessive taxation. We must act to ensure that nothing like this can happen again.

Cameron has already betrayed us on this, locking in the public sector's huge pay for another year and promising to raise it later. Handing out cash to rich people who invested badly and continuing to thow away fortunes on harmful measures like excessive housing benefits and bailouts for speculating homeowners.

So, what do the lefties think? Do you want more innocents to die or would you rather the public sector were a bit less greedy?

After the tragedy in Cumbria, it has emerged that one of the causes was excessive taxation. We must act to ensure that nothing like this can happen again.

Cameron has already betrayed us on this, locking in the public sector's huge pay for another year and promising to raise it later. Handing out cash to rich people who invested badly and continuing to thow away fortunes on harmful measures like excessive housing benefits and bailouts for speculating homeowners.

So, what do the lefties think? Do you want more innocents to die or would you rather the public sector were a bit less greedy?

This guy was quite literally taxed to death.... but seriously you can't be suggesting that this guy just done because of financial problems or too much tax?

Do you think fred goodwin would have considered doing something like this because of the problems in RBS, or any of the bankers cared a hoot. to take 13 peole lives just because of finances - I think there more to the story.

This guy was quite literally taxed to death.... but seriously you can't be suggesting that this guy just done because of financial problems or too much tax?

Do you think fred goodwin would have considered doing something like this because of the problems in RBS, or any of the bankers cared a hoot. to take 13 peole lives just because of finances - I think there more to the story.

I don't think he would have killed those people if it wasn't for the tax problems. Fred Goodwin is the opposite, living the high life at our expense.

Tax bill + no police protection after he got attacked + indifferent to his plight family + moment of madness + firearms = killing spree?

No one can say, it might have been too many Steven Seagall movies or his tablelamp talking to him but it does seem likely.

Agreed gun control is not the answer if EVERYBODY was armed, the first bloke would have returned fire severely injuring or killing the taxi driver in the first place.

Much like they should have snipers employed at car parks kid bricks your car window? put a bullet in his hip. (I'm annoyed because somebody broke into my sisters car bricking the window in a CCTV controlled carpark fat load of gun that did).

Guest anorthosite

Agreed gun control is not the answer if EVERYBODY was armed, the first bloke would have returned fire severely injuring or killing the taxi driver in the first place.

I'd just like to say that if gun control is relaxed, I have no intention of carrying a gun with me all the time. Your scenario seems based in either fantasy land, or Texas.

EDIT: Just realised you might be being a bit ironic

I don't think he would have killed those people if it wasn't for the tax problems. Fred Goodwin is the opposite, living the high life at our expense.

Good grief - I read your first post as joking... but it looks as though you're serious. <_<

If your thesis was in any way credible, we'd have seen just a few more spree killings over the years. I believe suicide is a more traditional get-out for out-of-hand tax evasion than shooting up the neighbourhood.

The most disturbing thing about this case, I find, is that the explanation of what happened cannot be related to mental health issues as he is supposed not to have had any. I think most of us would sleep easier in our beds if we only knew he was on at least 20 mg Citalopram for depression.

Imagine an ordinary guy feeling a bit like he wanted to end it all, had access to firearms and it was his fantasy to take every one he hated and any others with him.

Could be acase extemely rare for futher firarms control.

We have now witnesed the posibiilties

I'd just like to say that if gun control is relaxed, I have no intention of carrying a gun with me all the time. Your scenario seems based in either fantasy land, or Texas.

EDIT: Just realised you might be being a bit ironic

That's okay, no one can tell you are armed or not just by looking and if everyone is allowed a firearm, then the assumption has to be that you are armed.

The most disturbing thing about this case, I find, is that the explanation of what happened cannot be related to mental health issues as he is supposed not to have had any. I think most of us would sleep easier in our beds if we only knew he was on at least 20 mg Citalopram for depression.

Imagine an ordinary guy feeling a bit like he wanted to end it all, had access to firearms and it was his fantasy to take every one he hated and any others with him.

Could be acase extemely rare for futher firarms control.

We have now witnesed the posibiilties

criminals only need a reason at the sentencing part of the criminal proceeding.

everyone likes to beleive there is a rational for every action.

there isnt always.

ever smacked your kid in a moment of rage??

I am surprised this sort of thing doesnt happen more. Anyone with any testosterone who has ever dealt with:

The job centre

The tax man

The public sector management

Will undoubtedly have though at one point or another that a shot gun would sort a lot of the problems out. The problems in most cases being jobs worth, lazy, ******wits who seem to take pleasure in using their perceived power to screw over the little man or grind him down until he breaks.

The new automated call dealing systems are another one. Makes you want to wade down their and grab someone hard and start kicking off.

criminals only need a reason at the sentencing part of the criminal proceeding.

everyone likes to beleive there is a rational for every action.

there isnt always.

ever smacked your kid in a moment of rage??

Would you still smack him if he was a foot taller and 4 stone heavier?

Spot on. You are the one person on these forums that consistently talks sense.

I assume you are in favour of people carrying guns for protection? Or at least having the choice?

I wasnt condoning it...I was saying people can snap.

people glass others in the face in a pub....for no reason sometimes...

Spot on. You are the one person on these forums that consistently talks sense.

I assume you are in favour of people carrying guns for protection? Or at least having the choice?

Yep, of course.

Yep, of course.

Of course i can understand the other point of view in that no one should have guns and i think this is a better solution. Of course everyone means everyone though. So the police and army have to give up their guns too.

The 'no one should not have guns brigade' seems to think it is acceptable for the mafia our government to have them, when they have been shown to be the ones who are most willing to use them for evil purposes.

Derick Bird killed 11. Tony Blair killed hundreds of thousands.

Oh no wait we have been brainwashed to think the latter is acceptable. But a dead man is a dead man. Doesnt matter who pulled the trigger or under what pretext.

Of course i can understand the other point of view in that no one should have guns and i think this is a better solution. Of course everyone means everyone though. So the police and army have to give up their guns too.

The 'no one should not have guns brigade' seems to think it is acceptable for the mafia our government to have them, when they have been shown to be the ones who are most willing to use them for evil purposes.

Oh no wait we have been brainwashed to think the latter is acceptable. But a dead man is a dead man. Doesnt matter who pulled the trigger or under what pretext.

Yep.

http://www.freedomainradio.com/Podcasts.aspx

Worth a look if you haven't seen it already.

Is this post supposed to be serious?

Whatever any govt. might do, there will always be someone nursing simmering grudges, who imagines all his problems are someone else's fault, who will eventually go berserk with a gun*/knife/axe.

And afterwards most people who knew him will say yet again that he'd seemed reasonably normal, with no visible horns or tail.

*Whether legally owned or not.

And I'm afraid that the more it happens, and monopolises the news for days, the more another 'normal' bloke will start wondering whether he might like to teach the cruel, unfair world a lesson by going out in a blaze of 'glory', too.

And I'm afraid that the more it happens, and monopolises the news for days, the more another 'normal' bloke will start wondering whether he might like to teach the cruel, unfair world a lesson by going out in a blaze of 'glory', too.

Thats the difference though, most people tend to resist their temptations. I have said many times I would like to go around the council estate nearby with a flame thrower and go door to door I really would, if this council estate was annilated crime overnight would vanish in this area, bicycles and anything not nailed down tends to be found in this area

Thats the difference though, most people tend to resist their temptations. I have said many times I would like to go around the council estate nearby with a flame thrower and go door to door I really would, if this council estate was annilated crime overnight would vanish in this area, bicycles and anything not nailed down tends to be found in this area

Are you not doing it yet because you do not have access to a flame thrower or the time has not yet t arrived when the state of your mind will be such as to carry out the act?

There's a big difference between deliberately killing and making a ****-up (Iraq was the latter, and in any case most of the killing appears to be Muslims killing Muslims who then blame it on the USA and UK), and it can at times be the lesser of two evils (considering how Iraq turned out that's quite possibly not the case). There are times when it makes sense for some people to have a weapon. It's not brainwashing to not be naive.

There's a big difference between deliberately killing and making a ****-up (Iraq was the latter, and in any case most of the killing appears to be Muslims killing Muslims who then blame it on the USA and UK), and it can at times be the lesser of two evils (considering how Iraq turned out that's quite possibly not the case). There are times when it makes sense for some people to have a weapon. It's not brainwashing to not be naive.

So iraq wasnt 'deliberate killing'? Just a '****** up'? Sure, all those paid thugs sent their with guns and tanks and planes. Who would have thought it would end with a big pile of bodies?

Another unexpected result.

Ever wondered why the West dont ****** about with Rissia or China or India? Something to do with the ability to fight back. Have a think about it.