House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Purple Slug

Crisps Vs. Chocolate

OK - I've decided I have to give up one or the other. But which ?

Chocolate seems to have higher sat fat and more calories, but less salt than crisps. Also when you buy a bay of crisps its only 35g or so, wheras a chocolate bar is heavier.

So which is healthier ?

Chocolate seems to have higher sat fat and more calories, but less salt than crisps. Also when you buy a bay of crisps its only 35g or so, wheras a chocolate bar is heavier.

So which is healthier ?

Dark chocolate - 70% cocoa solids minimum - then the fat content isn't so high.:rolleyes:

Too many types of subcatagory for crisps, what do you usually eat ...??

Skips

Squares

monster munch

kettle chips

Skips and squares are relatively ok. I think you should do a half/half so give up everything apart from ready salted squares** and dark chocolate!

** I've boycotted squares as they have gone from £2.25 for 12 bags to £2.49 for 10 bags, up front and hidden inflation at the same time!

18.75p a bag to 24.9p a bag is a 33% rise!!

Skips

Squares

monster munch

****** me, I've woken up in 1988. I haven't had any of those crisps in far longer than I can remember, ergo I could probably manage wihout crisps for longer than without chocolate

Salt is worse than sugar. At least you can burn off the sugar with excercise.

Apparently potato starch sticks to your teeth longer and so leads to more tooth decay than sweet things. Too much sugar leads to diabetes.

I think class A drugs might be the best option...

So which is healthier ?

Good thread, but a complete non-question... crisps over chocolate every time. ;)

Salt is worse than sugar. At least you can burn off the sugar with excercise.

pretty bizarre comment

when you exercise you sweat , and what does sweat contain?

I gave up chocolate for lent and lasted two days before I absent mindedly snaffled a mars bar ... I really had forgotten... Def lack of memory not willpower.

I gave up chocolate for lent and lasted two days before I absent mindedly snaffled a mars bar ... I really had forgotten... Def lack of memory not willpower.

There's a moral minefield. Are you actually breaking the fast if the act of breaking the fast doesn't involve a concious decision ?

Eating mars bars while being simultaneously uncontious - there's a skill. Have you considered Britains got talent ?

pretty bizarre comment

when you exercise you sweat , and what does sweat contain?

Depends how intensely you excercise. I mostly excercise by walking and I hardly sweat a drop.

When I use the treadmill at the gym I just walk and it's great exercise. Mind you, I do set the incline to maximum and set the speed to the fastest speed I can walk at without breaking into a run. When I get to the fitness level where that doesn't do it for me then I'm just going to have to spend more time on the cross trainer because I refuse to mess up my knees by running.

swimming buggers me faster than any other kind of exercise

Guest KingCharles1st

Sugar is far more harmful for you than salt- and you need salt in this hot weather.

Crisps- in moderation.

A modest amount of proper chocolate (dark 70% + cocoa) might be good for you. Dump the crisps. Excess carbs. I managed to dump my chocolate habit a while ago, though its been replaced now with nuts, macademia's and walnut and also berrys (cranberry's) and raisins. Perhaps give those a shot as an alternative. Avoid peanuts which are not proper nuts.

Yes the peanut is actually a member of the pea family oddly enough.

Since they grow underground they are more prone to mould and other toxins called alfatoxins which some people are allergic or get a reaction to.

Shame that because they are one of the better tasting nuts.

Saying that though they are still listed on worlds healthiest foods

http://whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=101 , if you are not allergic there are far worse foods you could be eating.

Good thread, but a complete non-question... crisps over chocolate every time. ;)

In the words of Johnny Mac...YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS :P

I love chocolate, galaxy cookie was a genius move. I do love the real chocolate though, Lindt and the like. I got a box of M&S swiss chocs from my old tenant when she moved out and they were just divine. (moved in with my missus and can't sell so don't jump on my case I'm no BTL'er :) )