House Price Crash Forum

Just a heads-up that the 2010 Bilderberg conference is now in progress in Sitges, near Barcelona.

You won't hear much about it in the MSM so you'll have to DYOR to find out what's going on.

Google "Bilderberg 2010" to get started.

Just a heads-up that the 2010 Bilderberg conference is now in progress in Sitges, near Barcelona.

You won't hear much about it in the MSM so you'll have to DYOR to find out what's going on.

charlie skelton's blog in the guardian makes good reading

It's all a load of paranoid nonsense, tinged with more than a whiff of anti-Semitism, I'm sorry to say.

What's wrong with wealthy, intelligent and experienced folk getting together? If they did actually have an 'agenda', do you seriously think tey'd advertise the fact? **** ups not conspiracies is the thing we should be highlighting.

It's all a load of paranoid nonsense, tinged with more than a whiff of anti-Semitism, I'm sorry to say.

What's wrong with wealthy, intelligent and experienced folk getting together? If they did actually have an 'agenda', do you seriously think tey'd advertise the fact? **** ups not conspiracies is the thing we should be highlighting.

Every other event like this is plastered all over the media. Slow motion aerial pictures of all the main parties arriving. Reporters on site for daily updates on what is happening. Yet this event is barely reported except for some odd blogs or on conspiracy websites.

There is no doubt what they are discussing is of importance to many in the World. Many people would be interested to hear about it. Yet it is not even mentioned on the BBC.

What the reasons are behind this I do not know. However it is very strange. Very strange indeed.

Ask rather what's wrong with there being a virtual media blackout on a meeting of about 120 of the most influencial people in the world.

Transparency? Democracy? Accountability?

Maybe if more people knew what was going on there would be fewer **** ups.

Every other event like this is plastered all over the media. Slow motion aerial pictures of all the main parties arriving. Reporters on site for daily updates on what is happening. Yet this event is barely reported except for some odd blogs or on conspiracy websites.

There is no doubt what they are discussing is of importance to many in the World. Many people would be interested to hear about it. Yet it is not even mentioned on the BBC.

What the reasons are behind this I do not know. However it is very strange. Very strange indeed.

Has it occurred to you that it doesn't get media attention because it doesn't merit it? It's not even in the same league as that Davos junkit.

I'll tell you; my late great uncle (who was a former advisor to Thatcher) was invited along to the Bilderburg conference one year to give his thoughts on geo-politics in the post cold war world and then on the Balkans. It's just a group of businessmen and politicians who want to hear what the experts think on the issues/problems of the day. Where's the conspiracy in that?

Edited by shermanator

Without thinking there is anything totally nefarious about these groups, what strikes me is how 'in your face' all this is. A bit like Davos.

They don't bother to hide their purpose and the extent of their political influence anymore.

Has it occurred to you that it doesn't get media attention because it doesn't merit it? It's not even in the same league as that Davos junkit.

I'll tell you; my late great uncle (who was a former advisor to Thatcher) was invited along to the Bilderburg conference one year to give his thoughts on geo-politics in the post cold war world and then on the Balkans. It's just a group of businessmen and politicians who want to hear what the experts think on the issues/problems of the day. Where's the conspiracy in that?

:lol:

I just did a google on BBC and Bildeberger. It has not been mentioned on there since 2005. In fact it appears it has only ever been mentioned 3 times. A search on the BBC site itself results in zero results.

However the BBC think it important to report on the story below.

Ugliest Dog in the World

A search on this particular subject on the BBC website results in 4 pages of seperate stories on ugly dogs.

Your point in bold above is one of the stupidest things I have ever read in my entire existence. No offence.

Without thinking there is anything totally nefarious about these groups, what strikes me is how 'in your face' all this is. A bit like Davos.

They don't bother to hide their purpose and the extent of their political influence anymore.

Seems a few news agencies are finally deciding to dive in for the story.

Guardian

This is an organisation that invited Ed Balls along in 2007, running the world, they are not.

It sounds more like a golfing holiday for the so called elite. One where they get to hang out with lots of other rich and famous people and talk about stuff openly, without having the media report their every word.

Aren't rich people allowed privacy anymore?

Edited by Chef

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

This is an organisation that invited Ed Balls along in 2007, running the world, they are not.

It sounds more like a golfing holiday for the so called elite. One where they get to hang out with lots of other rich and famous people and talk about stuff openly, without having the media report their every word.

Let's have a look at your signature.

Intergenerational collateral: Using the future labour of the next generation(s) as security to pay for today's bills.

Who benefits from the debt enslavement? And who loses?

Bloody right I want to hear every word of what's going on in that meeting.

So Ed Balls is not a powerful person ? :rolleyes:

Ed Balls

"When Labour won the General Election of 1997, Brown became Chancellor and Balls continued to work as an economic adviser to him. He went on to serve as chief economic adviser to HM Treasury from 1999 to 2004, in which post he was once named the 'most powerful unelected person in Britain'."

Let's have a look at your signature.

Intergenerational collateral: Using the future labour of the next generation(s) as security to pay for today's bills.

Who benefits from the debt enslavement? And who loses?

Bloody right I want to hear every word of what's going on in that meeting.

So you don't believe in freedom of association for the rich?

I'm with Martin Wolf on this one:

But "privacy, rather than secrecy", is key to such a meeting says Financial Times journalist Martin Wolf, who has been invited several times in a non-reporting role.

"The idea that such meetings cannot be held in private is fundamentally totalitarian," he says. "It's not an executive body; no decisions are taken there."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3773019.stm

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

So you don't believe in freedom of association for the rich?

I'm with Martin Wolf on this one:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3773019.stm

When we have a monetary system which doesn't base its growth upon increasing compulsory debt for the masses then I'll be totally disinterested.

And I don't believe your suggestion that it is not an executive body, and doesn't make decisions.

Whiff of anti-Semitism, is that the new deodorant from Lynx?

Is that why Peter Mandelson is there - for his anti-semitism?

When we have a monetary system which doesn't base its growth upon increasing compulsory debt for the masses then I'll be totally disinterested.

And I don't believe your suggestion that it is not an executive body, and doesn't make decisions.

Based upon growth? I don't think that's how it works in practice, when people start paying off debt their future repayments lower, which means less economic activity is needed to deal with the liabilities.

It's unfortunate that the concept of growth has been demonised by those with an inadequate grasp of the money supply.

Edited by Chef

Based upon growth? I don't think that's how it works in practice, when people start paying off debt their future repayments lower, which means less economic activity is needed to deal with the liabilities.

It's unfortunate that the concept of growth has been demonised by those with an inadequate grasp of the money supply.

Privacy these people have plenty of.

why do these people need to close a part of a town and have the local police contain the citizens?

the meeting itself is probably a diversion, but overbearing tactics are just plain out of order.

you are an apologist of the first order.

Privacy these people have plenty of.

why do these people need to close a part of a town and have the local police contain the citizens?

the meeting itself is probably a diversion, but overbearing tactics are just plain out of order.

you are an apologist of the first order.

Here, here, I guess the people who would defend such a thing as Bilderberg don't have a very good moral compass.

Please bless us with your acumen, agent starling and tell us all what the money supply is all about.

Please bless us with your acumen, agent starling and tell us all what the money supply is all about.

Injin we wouldn't understand, well I wouldn't stand under it more to the point.

We've tackled the subject ad nauseam, but it doesn't stop people from sticking their fingers in their ears whilst and saying something about the debt based money supply, and international fractionally reserved bankers.

It's a bit like trying to tell a religious fanatic that God doesn't exist, no amount of logic or coherence is going to change their mind, they believe what they believe and that's the end of the matter. But it's fun to expose their mixed up world views from time to time, even if it does get a little heated.

We've tackled the subject ad nauseam, but it doesn't stop people from sticking their fingers in their ears whilst and saying something about the debt based money supply, and international fractionally reserved bankers.

It's a bit like trying to tell a religious fanatic that God doesn't exist, no amount of logic or coherence is going to change their mind, they believe what they believe and that's the end of the matter. But it's fun to expose their mixed up world views from time to time, even if it does get a little heated.

fanatic...yes, you're right, it sums you up. either that or a placeman from some organisation, or just a loon.

You didn't say anthing to answer the question, and by the way your second paragraph is hypocrisy but like a religious fanatic you won't see it. Anyway to solve you little internal dilemma listen to these to greats of comedy