House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RDW

Back Ricky Gervais' Campaign To End The Cruelty Of Bullfighting, End Bull-Fighting, Sign The Petition Now.

http://e-activist.com/ea-campaign/clientca...urce:Rickyvideo

Message from the campaign:

"This is a historic moment. We have a chance to end the blood sport of bullfighting in one of Spain’s largest regions: Catalonia.

And you can do your bit to help.

After a huge anti-cruelty campaign by the Catalonian public, the regional parliament will vote this summer on whether to ban bullfighting for good. We want the MPs to know there are thousands of people all around the world who care which way they vote and are hoping to see them put an end to this cruel ‘sport’.

Now more than ever, you can make a difference.

Add your name to our petition, so that together we can encourage the Catalonian Parliament to vote in favour of a ban.

Thank you."

You can also write to your local MP here: http://www.writetothem.com

ban bullfighting , ban cheese rolling , ban smoking , ban fatty foods

soon there won't be any traditions left , the fun police will have finished em all off

Maybe the campaigners for this have a legitimate interest in Spain? I hope they are all, at the very least, vegetarian, lest they be accused of hypocrisy.

[Yes I would support this in principle, but I expect that my view, as a foreigner on a domestic matter, would be so unwelcome as to be counterproductive].

soon there won't be any traditions left , the fun police will have finished em all off

agreed

public hanging, bear baiting, c*ck fighting, people being publicly stoned to death for adultery, gladiatorial fights to the death, feeding people to lions.........

all these traditions have been lost to the Nazi thought police in the west, what is the world coming to?

www.wspa.org.uk/catalonia

That's the link to the petition, folks - it'll take you far less time to sign it that it will to type a smartarse reply in this topic so why not just sign it.

(if you support the idea of bullfighting, i.e. basically torturing an animal for entertainment, then fair enough, don't sign it)

agreed

public hanging, bear baiting, c*ck fighting, people being publicly stoned to death for adultery, gladiatorial fights to the death, feeding people to lions.........

all these traditions have been lost to the Nazi thought police in the west, what is the world coming to?

who needs cultural traditions anyway when we can all become like the americans?

consume consume consume , any other culture be damned

Do you not think that this is the wrong place to post this?

Most people on here have been fighting the Bull for years.

LOL:lol:

who needs cultural traditions anyway when we can all become like the americans?

consume consume consume , any other culture be damned

yup

those are the only 2 choices laid before us

Unquestioning endorsement of all aspects of US culture or Bull torture.

(if you support the idea of bullfighting, i.e. basically torturing an animal for entertainment, then fair enough, don't sign it)

There are far more pressing problems in the world than bullfighting, so no, I won't be signing it.

Of course, the fact Ricky Gervais has chosen it as his pet project is reason enough to NOT sign. Were all the proper causes already taken I wonder?

There are far more pressing problems in the world than bullfighting, so no, I won't be signing it.

Of course, the fact Ricky Gervais has chosen it as his pet project is reason enough to NOT sign. Were all the proper causes already taken I wonder?

Maybe he has a different opinion than you and the emotional capacity to care about more than one thing?

Yes I know I'm going to Bankok for my holidays

Ricky Gervais is a nob so as above, that's enough not to support it.

That said, I went to a bull fighting arena the otherday and although I did want to watch a fight, just to see what the fuss is about i'm glad the fight wasn't on. I just did a tour of the arena and that was enough tbh. It's pretty grusom and there are 3 stages to the fight with the finale being a then sword stuck through the bulls heart, but it all has to be done in a certain time limit, 15/20 mins I think.

Only a change in attitude from the spanish people will finally put an end to this.

However; what about Halal meat, that's a horrific death for the cow! We should ban that as well or is it only ok to insult a western country but not a backward culture?

There are more pressing problems than most problems. Do you find the world's most pressing problem then refuse to pay any attention to all the others?

http://e-activist.com/ea-campaign/clientca...urce:Rickyvideo

Message from the campaign:

"This is a historic moment. We have a chance to end the blood sport of bullfighting in one of Spain’s largest regions: Catalonia.

And you can do your bit to help.

After a huge anti-cruelty campaign by the Catalonian public, the regional parliament will vote this summer on whether to ban bullfighting for good. We want the MPs to know there are thousands of people all around the world who care which way they vote and are hoping to see them put an end to this cruel ‘sport’.

Now more than ever, you can make a difference.

Add your name to our petition, so that together we can encourage the Catalonian Parliament to vote in favour of a ban.

Thank you."

You can also write to your local MP here: http://www.writetothem.com

Why do celebs feel the need to stick their noses into other people business? It's an issue for the Spanish, not the rest of the planet.

He's just gone down in my estimation.

www.wspa.org.uk/catalonia

That's the link to the petition, folks - it'll take you far less time to sign it that it will to type a smartarse reply in this topic so why not just sign it.

Whether we support it or not is hardly the point. Point is that it's the business of Spain and its people, not anyone else.

Guest anorthosite

Whether we support it or not is hardly the point. Point is that it's the business of Spain and its people, not anyone else.

Its also the business of the bulls. Who is speaking up for them?

There are more pressing problems than most problems. Do you find the world's most pressing problem then refuse to pay any attention to all the others?

No, but I would rather see celebrities campaigning against the torture of humans first, then we can look at animals tortured for Sport.

It's a question of resources. Do you waste time and money trying to eliminate suffering for a few bovine animals that would be ending up on a plate anyway, or stopping governments torturing people?

Basically, by following Ricky's self-ingratiating stance, you are taking attention - a limited resource - away from real issues.

Does Ricky come across a lot of Bullfighting while jetting between LA and London I wonder, or does he just sign up to whatever cause is pushed under his nose and might get him some free kudos?

Answers on a postcard to:

It's not real unless an unconnected celebrity endorses it,

HELLO magazine,

Where people don't have enough real problems to worry about,

That London.

W1 8QT.

Ricky Gervais is a nob so as above, that's enough not to support it.

That said, I went to a bull fighting arena the otherday and although I did want to watch a fight, just to see what the fuss is about i'm glad the fight wasn't on. I just did a tour of the arena and that was enough tbh. It's pretty grusom and there are 3 stages to the fight with the finale being a then sword stuck through the bulls heart, but it all has to be done in a certain time limit, 15/20 mins I think.

Only a change in attitude from the spanish people will finally put an end to this.

However; what about Halal meat, that's a horrific death for the cow! We should ban that as well or is it only ok to insult a western country but not a backward culture?

Why has Halal become such an issue and not kosher? The slaughter practices are more or less the same, but people keep banging on about halal.

+1