House Price Crash Forum

Government To Snoop On Buy-to-let Landlords

However, some industry sources believe that the introduction of compulsory deposit schemes could see a sharp decline in the taking of deposits if the schemes are seen to be unnecessarily bureaucratic

They'll find another way. I.e photocopies of credit cards etc. They may not hold deposits but you can assume some players will find ways around this.

Some landlords will forgo any deposit, rather than be forced to supply full details of the amount of rental income they enjoy

= cheaper rent for some then :)

Incidently how does anyone know how to tell the IR about any undeclared income concerns?

Guest Guy_Montag
Another HPC myth in action?

The penalties of not declaring rent are high & the benefit low. I doubt many do it at all. Certainly not people with more than 1 mortgage.

At least one of my student landlords insisted on payment in cash. We paid becuase it was cheap. I suspect he might not have been declaring it.

Hang on a mo'. This is a one line post from a "city wire" "journalist". Where is her source? What announcement is she refering to? What info is published to back this up?

There's too much stuff on this site that is hearsay or unresearched. I'm not saying it isn't true, but let's not get too excited yet.

VP

You need to login to see the article, which I cannot be bothered to do. If anyone has regestered, you could post the article on here?

Although in general, there is too much "hearsay or unresearched" data/articles/posts - but this is mainly in the media, using too much "spin".

Hang on a mo'. This is a one line post from a "city wire" "journalist". Where is her source? What announcement is she refering to? What info is published to back this up?

There's too much stuff on this site that is hearsay or unresearched. I'm not saying it isn't true, but let's not get too excited yet.

VP

Did you read the story before condemning it?