House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Purple Slug

Heskey ... Discuss

Not only shouldn't the guy be in the squad in the first place, he's taking out the top players.

He's no Ian Rush :lol:

We need more football threads, the world cup is only 1 week away and Heskey deserves one all of his own.

Oki, doki ... just that the other thread was pretty much about Heskey, in fact entirely about him .... but go for it!

He may be an uncultured footballer but he sets up others well and is very useful. A bit like Peter Crouch.

Not only shouldn't the guy be in the squad in the first place, he's taking out the top players.

Kevin Davis, Darren Bent, Gabbriel(?) Agbonlahor.

The alternatives aren't great either.

Kevin Davis, Darren Bent, Gabbriel(?) Agbonlahor.

The alternatives aren't great either.

As a Villa fan I can confirm that GA is a far better player, I personally would have picked him and Ashley Young ahead of some of the final 23 (but I'm obviously biased). However, Cappello knows GA (and others) are better individual players - but that isn't why EH is there.

.... and probably why Fabio is managing England and I am sitting at home on a Saturday adding to this forum, contemplating if I can sneak in another cheeky one off the wrist before my mrs gets home ...

... it's ok - I'm only contemplating right now.........

As a Villa fan I can confirm that GA is a far better player, I personally would have picked him and Ashley Young ahead of some of the final 23 (but I'm obviously biased). However, Cappello knows GA (and others) are better individual players - but that isn't why EH is there.

.... and probably why Fabio is managing England and I am sitting at home on a Saturday adding to this forum, contemplating if I can sneak in another cheeky one off the wrist before my mrs gets home ...

... it's ok - I'm only contemplating right now.........

For me, GA & Defoe are very similar - speedy little strikers you can probe the defence or lurk around the box..This season at least, Defoe has proved to be better at it. I can see why Capello has taken Heskey & Crouch, even if I question their abilities, as they add new dimensions to the squad.

For me, GA & Defoe are very similar - speedy little strikers you can probe the defence or lurk around the box..This season at least, Defoe has proved to be better at it. I can see why Capello has taken Heskey & Crouch, even if I question their abilities, as they add new dimensions to the squad.

Yeah I agree. GA and Young chose totally the wrong season to go off the boil - in the 08/09 season I reckon they would have both been certainties.

He'll slave away for us.

But never score..

He takes us back to Graham Taylor and the long ball game.

The long ball game has its uses against limited sides. But not against sides of world cup quality.

I thought England were finally shaking off the long ball game but no.

Guest X-QUORK

Quite a big fella, plays football (for England sometimes).

Next.