House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
athom

Max Keiser Interviews Dr Paul Craig Roberts

Nothing new for the old hands but a better than usual breakdown of the situation and a good stating of the obvious for the depression to come.

This is a complete waste of time for HPCers - you will not hear anything you did not know years ago.

Well i did warn you. I do think it is a nicely put summery of the fundamental problems though, for anyone not so familiar.

Good to plug Max anyway for anyone passing through.

This is a complete waste of time for HPCers - you will not hear anything you did not know years ago.

I don't think many on HPC appreciate the seriousness of the situation. Those that do or did are probably considered to be complete nutters.

I don't think many on HPC appreciate the seriousness of the situation. Those that do or did are probably considered to be complete nutters.

I think i do. So we'll get to live in a third world country being shat on by the new superpowers. Life will be different but life will go on. The people who don't have a clue about the seriousness, and i'm still seeing 10 plate M5s about, and hearing about mewing for extensions, they will be the ones who will be hit hardest, financially and psychologically, personally i'm one of the new rich i.e. no debt, so i can move with the changes. The flippancy from many HPCers is probably just resignation to the inevitable. The seeds are long sewn so there is nothing any of us can do about it.

I think i do.

Sorry, I shouldn't have generalised like this.

I am just surprised than we don't see more people 'losing it' on here when I see what is coming our way.

The seeds are long sewn so there is nothing any of us can do about it.

I agree that it's pretty sure nothing can be done to stop it. But there must be ways to soften the blow for those that see how our lives are going to change.

Sorry, I shouldn't have generalised like this.

well no i really mean i think i do, can never be sure how much we are deluding ourselves.

I am just surprised than we don't see more people 'losing it' on here when I see what is coming our way.

It's a funny thing, this disaster has been so long coming i think most of us here will be glad to see it when it does come. I guess most people here have been held up in some way by how things have been, mostly unable to buy a house/unwilling at these prices, so just so long as something does finally change it will be seen as an opportunity at least even if in the short term we're worse off. Anything to break this stranglehold.

But i don't see how we'll recover to anything like the prosperity this country used to have, we've been living on borrowed time for years as it is, no natural resources left, no colonies to plunder, few pliant dictators to bride, well, nothing to bride them with, nothing being made so nothing to sell. Just unassailable gargantuan amounts of debt. We'll be someones bitch by the end of the decade that's for sure.

Personally i'll be softening the blow by not being worst off. If i was in large debt right now i'd be going mental, which is i guess why those in large debt are utterly incapable of admitting how bad things are. Pity for them though as there might just be enough time to sell up if they drop the price dramatically first thing Monday.

There are a few adherents to the old religion still about, fighting a rearguard action in defence of globalism. Who knows, maybe in the long run they'll be right and we'll all wind up rich- but in the meantime their kids will be scavenging on garbage tips.

good post, thanks for posting. Max is always brilliant.

The US gubmint is a puppet of the Israeli gubmint? Purrrlease! I always assumed Max was a Jew.

and your point is?

you're assuming, not all jews support israhell .

good post, thanks for posting. Max is always brilliant.

and your point is?

you're assuming, not all jews support israhell .

He's one of those self-hating Jews.

You know, like those self-hating Germans who opposed the Nazis.

I am confused. Why is Dr Paul Craig Roberts the co creator of Reaganomics on telly warning us of the dreadful consequences of the

neo liberal policies he advocated?

This why we have had a boom over the last 13 years and why so many public sector jobs were created to cover up the fact that we are offshoring

jobs like there is no tomorrow.

This is what Cameron doesnt seem to get. There will be no private sector jobs created for people losing jobs in the public sector.

In fact the offshoring of jobs will increase at a higher rate as companies are forced to move to countries with cheaper labour just to stay in business.

The few private sector jobs that will be created in the UK will go to Eastern European cheap labour.