House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wherebee

'ards And Bangor

Okay you lot, I'd like to see views on the property price changes around Ards and Bangor - my ex has refused for a couple of years to accept a VERY nice offer in my divorce to let her buy a house, and now that she's going to force me to spend another GBP30k in court as she tries to get even more undeserved wealth, I might as well stop being all nice and put the boot in by collecting evidence of how much house prices have gone down so the court awards her less than I offered initially. She'd be looking at a 3-4 bed in a half decent area. I've offered her 250kGBP just to get the damn thing settled in the past, but I am thinking now more like My link or My link

which would make 175-200k more realistic. Any advice welcome......

and the first one to say 'dont get married' gets a slap.

I suggest installing propertybee if you don't already use it and look for similar properties that have been chasing the market down and are still for sale.

Your post is not very clear, you say 'let her buy a house', then you say 'I've offered her'. Are you buying out her or the other way round? If you are talking about buying out her, what she does with the money is her business.

Property is typically advertised at 1.2-1.3x the DCV and sells for maybe 10% below that. An offer at DCV would be a good price for her in my opinion. Just make a list of similar houses for sale, look up their DCV and calculate the ratio then apply that to your house with maybe 10% off.

Can't you just sell the house and split it rather than buy her out? A house is not the 'investment' it used to be, prices are likely to fall over a large number of years.

DCV=Domestic capital value , http://lpsni.gov.uk/vListDCV/search.asp?submit=form

Sorry, to clarify - I managed to convince her to sell the house we had on the mainland before the crash. The issue now is how to split the capital from that between us. In other words, enough for her to get somewhere to live. I get the rest..........

Sorry, to clarify - I managed to convince her to sell the house we had on the mainland before the crash. The issue now is how to split the capital from that between us. In other words, enough for her to get somewhere to live. I get the rest..........

So how much she gets depends on how much it costs? Divorce settlements bewilder me! If she is looking to buy a house, could you not use the much cheaper cost of renting, or do you have to house her until she dies?