House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sbn

Where Is Brown

I'm hearing a lot of very worrying things.

Why has nobody heard ANYTHING in the MSM?

I'm hearing a lot of very worrying things.

Why has nobody heard ANYTHING in the MSM?

Crying in a corner somewhere

Who GAF.

He's not at the helm, ruining things. That's the main point.

Don't get me wrong - when I say worrying, I don't feel any concern - I want to know if he is actually now manifested as the non-functional human being that I always suspected him to be.

Don't get me wrong - when I say worrying, I don't feel any concern - I want to know if he is actually now manifested as the non-functional human being that I always suspected him to be.

Its the wife I feel sorry for she now has to look after 3 children all on her own since Gordon is not looked after by all his flunkies any more .

...what have you heard.....?.... :unsure:

DYOR

But why does he appear to have disappeared?

Not a word - does nobody else think its a bit odd?

I always thought we had a complete madman at the helm. Not a political comment.

have to agree I was surprised by his absence from PMQs where Harriet Harperson was presiding over the opposition

is he not still leader of the opposition, is he not still an MP ? is he on his hols?

not a cheep from him at all very odd :unsure:

Guest Steve Cook

have to agree I was surprised by his absence from PMQs where Harriet Harperson was presiding over the opposition

is he not still leader of the opposition, is he not still an MP ? is he on his hols?

not a cheep from him at all very odd :unsure:

It's not odd at all. It is typical for an outgoing prime minister to be completely absent from the political scene for a few months after they have left office. I am guessing it is looked upon as unseemly if they are seen to be hanging around Westminster like a bad smell so soon after leaving.

It's not odd at all. It is typical for an outgoing prime minister to be completely absent from the political scene for a few months after they have left office. I am guessing it is looked upon as unseemly if they are seen to be hanging around Westminster like a bad smell so soon after leaving.

He was hanging around like a bad smell when he was in office.

Guest Steve Cook

He was hanging around like a bad smell when he was in office.

Well, yes.... :lol:

Are you sure about that Steve? I don't remember Blair disappearing off the face of the earth. Anything but.

Guest BetterOffOnBenefits

He did say that him and Sarah would like to do charity work after he left politics.

I suppose that as we speak they're both out in some African country helping hard working families.

He did say that him and Sarah would like to do charity work after he left politics.

I suppose that as we speak they're both out in some African country helping hard working families.

The poor devils. What on earth have they done to deserve that?

I read in a newspaper yesterday that he had been spotted buying football sticker albums in a Morrisons somewhere in Scotland that I had never heard of.

Once again, good riddance Brown, you waste of rations you.

I heard that Brown and Sarah been spending all their time plodding from publisher to publisher seeking someone to publish their Memoirs. So far, it's just been doors closing in their faces :lol: What I happy bunny I am to report this! :)

Are you sure about that Steve? I don't remember Blair disappearing off the face of the earth. Anything but.

I think Blair was the exception that proves the rule. Thatcher and Major both withdrew completely from public life after leaving office: Thatcher stood down as an MP in the subsequent election (1992) and Major only served one more term, leaving the Commons in 2001. In both cases it was several years before they started to resurface in public life to any significant extent, Thatcher publishing her first lot of memoirs 3-4 years after leaving office and Major starting to write newspaper features after a similar time lag.

If Brown does not leave the Commons at the next election, he'll be doing a Ted Heath in departing from what has been the general protocol in the last 2-3 decades.

That having been said, Blair did also leave Parliament in the election following his departure as PM. However, unlike his three immediate predecessors (Callaghan, Thatcher and Major), he returned to public life in other ways very quickly afterwards.

Now that his other team, Cowdenbeath, has been promoted he is planning his diary around the two constituency derbies between them and Raith Rovers next season.

This person should be forgotten.

he deserves no place in History other than as a Traitor.

Guest anorthosite

That having been said, Blair did also leave Parliament in the election following his departure as PM.

Didn't he quit as an MP pretty quickly?

He's behind the scenes advising Clegg and Cameron on government policy :lol:

Continuity you know.

Because it's the right thing to do!

gordon_brown_fat-749381.jpg