House Price Crash Forum

Wall Street Plunges 2%.euro Tumbles Below $1.20

HOLA441

Look at- http://finance.yahoo.com

Volatility returns only needing disappointing job numbers to cause the stir. Look in particular at the gold price which edged up on this news. It has been happening for a couple of months now, but it is worth noting that when the Dow falls by anything more than usual, then gold blips up. It had hitherto ben the case that when the market fell gold would tend to fall with it. NOT anymore. It more confirmation of 'detachment' and indicates the likelihood that gold and silver will go up substantially on any crash, volatility and so forth. I totally agree with Bob Janjuah of RBS. See him on CNBC or the thread posted elswhere on this site.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

In the end

1 Euro = £1 =$1.....................3 way paraty...........then "something" will happen.

Mike

Showing my age, I remember when £1 was $4. That was before decimalization, when 2 shillings and sixpence, or 'half a crown' was known colloquially as a 'dollar' because there were 4 half crowns in a pound. Even though it was over about 50 years, why should the pound become so devalued? :(

HOLA446
Showing my age, I remember when £1 was $4. That was before decimalization, when 2 shillings and sixpence, or 'half a crown' was known colloquially as a 'dollar' because there were 4 half crowns in a pound. Even though it was over about 50 years, why should the pound become so devalued?

I think you'll find a half crown was known as 'half a dollar'. (If 5 shillings equalled a dollar.)

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Look at- http://finance.yahoo.com

Volatility returns only needing disappointing job numbers to cause the stir. Look in particular at the gold price which edged up on this news. It has been happening for a couple of months now, but it is worth noting that when the Dow falls by anything more than usual, then gold blips up. It had hitherto ben the case that when the market fell gold would tend to fall with it. NOT anymore. It more confirmation of 'detachment' and indicates the likelihood that gold and silver will go up substantially on any crash, volatility and so forth. I totally agree with Bob Janjuah of RBS. See him on CNBC or the thread posted elswhere on this site.

It's moving with the dollar and contrary to the Euro - for obvious reasons. i.e. gold has become an anti-Euro trade rather than an anti-dollar trade.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Showing my age, I remember when £1 was $4. That was before decimalization, when 2 shillings and sixpence, or 'half a crown' was known colloquially as a 'dollar' because there were 4 half crowns in a pound. Even though it was over about 50 years, why should the pound become so devalued? :(

We are massively devalued against some currencies in the last 50 years. Used to be 5 USD to the pound and same against the Aussie dollar. We have relied on devaluation as an economic tool instead of seeing it as a consequence of failure. We have failed to maintain productivity. Bad management and bad political leadership from 1945 to 1979. Then a few errors and falls later we got to 1997 when almost all economic indicators had us ready to prosper unlike the last 100 years or so of decline. Surplus of £40Billion pa. Then what happened....oh yes Mr Brown.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

We are massively devalued against some currencies in the last 50 years. Used to be 5 USD to the pound and same against the Aussie dollar. We have relied on devaluation as an economic tool instead of seeing it as a consequence of failure. We have failed to maintain productivity. Bad management and bad political leadership from 1945 to 1979. Then a few errors and falls later we got to 1997 when almost all economic indicators had us ready to prosper unlike the last 100 years or so of decline. Surplus of £40Billion pa. Then what happened....oh yes Mr Brown.

Brown's mission is almost complete. He has gone back into sleeper mode and his body will shortly be stored next to Lenins - until global Marxism needs him again.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

DOW closed at about 9930 after flirting just below 9900 for the last hour or so. At one point it was up to about 11,145 so that is a 1,215 or so drop once the job news broke.

On Monday the FTSE should tank - especially if BP bring out bad news over the weekend - but it would not surprise me to see the DOW jump on Monday... should keep an eye on US news over the weekend to see how pessimistic the news reports are.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

DOW closed at about 9930 after flirting just below 9900 for the last hour or so. At one point it was up to about 11,145 so that is a 1,215 or so drop once the job news broke.

On Monday the FTSE should tank - especially if BP bring out bad news over the weekend - but it would not surprise me to see the DOW jump on Monday... should keep an eye on US news over the weekend to see how pessimistic the news reports are.

No it wasn't - believe me, if that had been the case there would be big headlines like when we had that big intraday plunge. Yesterday the DOW closed in 10,250. Today it opened a bit shy of 10,100, a big gap of more than 150 points. It was never higher than 10,100 during the day. It eventually closed in 9931 for a total loss of around 350 points compared to the closing price yesterday.

Edited by paradigm

HOLA4422

I've been receiving emails & chart prediction from various sources over the last week all pointing to a sell off 'Shares' resident Chartist is very bearish (down to 4400) so anything could happen. <_<

Monday morning surge then?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425