House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mega

Sell Baby, Sell!

What on earth is all this 'whom' stuff??? :blink:

I think it's the sound you get when the hulk punches his pillow.

For the OP "WHOM are YOU bringing to dinner" vs. "WHO is coming to dinner" (i.e. use WHOM when the who of whom is not the subject of the verb - e.g. "whom are you waiting for", but "who is waiting"). Alternatively, just stick with "who".

Not content with earning a profit from doing feck all, they feel aggrieved that they may have to pay more tax on it. They should be happy they have made any profit from doing bugger all in the first place!

I notice that this article is aimed squarely at the BTLs too. The objections here aren't from businesses, but purely from BTL speculators. The gall of them calling FTBs jealous is pretty pathetic too - do they not realise their "free" money has come straight from the pockets of such people?

I have no problem with people making a profit from the service of providing accommodation - it is a very useful service to many and a maintenance job like any other - but I resent them complaining about tax on capital gains. They've had the tax system all their way, taking money from the young, and that needs rebalancing. They should have the good grace to realise that they've had an exceptionally good deal over recent years and keep their piggy mouths shut!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1283769/Capital-gains-tax-hike-harm-fragile-housing-market-recovery-warns-Nationwide.html

Ha Ha Ha

Oh look WHOM is "WARNING".....................Not someboby whom lent the scumbags the cash.........& now is a "little" worried about getting left holding the baby(BTL)

:)

Mike

BUMP. Let's do our bit, get on that link and start clicking the thumb up and down. Screw those baby boomers!

What on earth is all this 'whom' stuff??? :blink:

Maybe I should change my name to 'Whomami'. :D

Sounds like an Italian mother and baby chain

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1283769/Capital-gains-tax-hike-harm-fragile-housing-market-recovery-warns-Nationwide.html

Ha Ha Ha

Oh look WHOM is "WARNING".....................Not someboby whom lent the scumbags the cash.........& now is a "little" worried about getting left holding the baby(BTL)

:)

Mike

What all these BTL people do not say, is that current house prices mean BTL does not pay! You need a rent of about 1.3 x the mortgage to cover yourself at the start. Very few bought since 2004 will do that. They have bought purely relying on the idea of continual price rises, in some case with costs not covered by the rent. Had their been proper mortgage regulation, then the prices would have remained at a level where a BTL could be afforded on the rent payment for those putting down a 20% deposit. Then, as rents rise over the years and the price edges up, they would have a sustainable rental.

The former govt did nothing when all of this is obvious. The Tories did not sort it after the last crash of 1989-95 either.

Why would they sell, don't they all say the the BTL is their pension? Why would they turn their pension into cash today? Can they buy an annuity? Don't they say, they are not in it to get a quick capital gain they are all in it for the long-term? And in any case the tax level proposed is just a return to the previous level when many of them bought their BTL - so they never really had this 'free' money anyway.

Good point. The BTL brigade have got used to watching the price rise, then remortgage the first property to put a deposit down on a second, then wait and do it again. This is all fine while properties perpetually rise. Problem is they haven't risen lately and this has left them with a highly geared little collection of concrete necklaces liable to rupture on the strain of IR rises and likely capital value falls. This is why they fret. They are the product of loose credit and an insane belief in a never ending rising market.