House Price Crash Forum

Stupidly High Ink Costs

AteMoose

HOLA441
HOLA442

Sorry to bump this back up but on a related note is there anywhere one can recycle old broken printers? I feel a bit guilty dumping my big plastic canon printer in landfill what with all the electronic bits inside etc.

Unless your local tip is particularly useless, it will have a skip specially for computer / electronic stuff & they (or someone down the line) will extract any useful metals etc.

But I agree, try freecycle first.

HOLA443

ink jets are crap. Don't print photos at home get them done online or email people to look at.

lasers are not dear.

The main issue with colour lasers, is the cost of having to get 3/4/5 inks..You could be talking £100 + a set (unless you go for a CISS system)...I'd probably have a b&w laser and a colour inkjet if its for infrequent colour printing... I wonder how copy shop printing prices per sheet, compares with a colour inkjet printer?

I've bought a couple of 2nd hand b&w lasers off ebay over a last 2/3 years for around 30 quid each, including postage. You can get laser cartridges (good enough for 2500 prints+) for around 15 quid each..

Archived