House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jcpricewatcher

Bulls + Bears - Partnerships/dating Etc...

I'm just curious, but wondered if any of you bears/bulls out there have partners who are the opposite? They say opposites attract, but I could see many of you bears out there not able to tolerate having an OH who is thinking houses can only go up!

I had a recent encounter, and thought to myself - that girl could end me up in lots of trouble (I think see the general spending trend didn't help either)...

Any experiences, funny stories etc?

Sounds difficult to me to find a Bear. I think most people are Bulls by default, but they don't really think about it or care.

Sounds difficult to me to find a Bear. I think most people are Bulls by default, but they don't really think about it or care.

Most bulls don't care, so long as they think their partner aspires to buy a house with them...

I'm just curious, but wondered if any of you bears/bulls out there have partners who are the opposite? They say opposites attract, but I could see many of you bears out there not able to tolerate having an OH who is thinking houses can only go up!

I had a recent encounter, and thought to myself - that girl could end me up in lots of trouble (I think see the general spending trend didn't help either)...

Any experiences, funny stories etc?

:angry:

This is a source of conflict, shall we say....

Problem is, I've never been lucky enough to find a sexy girl who is also pre-loaded with common sense and intelligence.

Not saying they don't exist, just never found a Merryn of my own.....

Some of the female posters on here are charming and full of common sense/intelligence, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX except for Legallyblonde who is irritating but (I bet) pretty tasty.

MOD EDIT : UNNECESSARY OFFENSIVE REMARK REMOVED. PLEASE READ FORUM RULES.

:angry:

This is a source of conflict, shall we say....

Problem is, I've never been lucky enough to find a sexy girl who is also pre-loaded with common sense and intelligence.

Not saying they don't exist, just never found a Merryn of my own.....

Believe me, they do exist, however they are heavily contested for!

Not a funny story but:-

I know a friend of mine who wasn't sure about buying a house so I told him not to (2007), then his gf pushed him hard to buy a place, he caved in, and now has lost 2 years salary on the property price. He's gutted (since he paid the 50%+ deposit he'd been saving for 15+ years) and I'm sure it's been a source of conflict behind closed doors, since he moans about it all the time to me.

I find women tend to be more materialistic in general which is irritating as I don't think I could live with someone like that. I'm a hypocrite though as I want someone who is also very attractive. On something as major as buying a home it must cause problems in a relationship.

I find women tend to be more materialistic in general which is irritating as I don't think I could live with someone like that. I'm a hypocrite though as I want someone who is also very attractive. On something as major as buying a home it must cause problems in a relationship.

Lol, I'm not materialistic, I just want to save my money and not spending on a house which will lose me money... Errm does that make all the bears materialistic? :P

And surely liking an attractive person is not materialistic, it's superficial, which is different :lol: And to be honest, who isn't tempted :D