House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Spart

Woman Banker Claims She Was Sacked For Being Too Attractive

Link

Make your own mind up. I my opinion there's no doubting her looks, but she knew what she was doing; causing a controversy in order to attract the attention of the media. With her looks she's wasted in banking and may now have a career presenting Bloomberg or similar ahead of her.

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=Debrahlee%20Lorenzana&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Link

Make your own mind up. I my opinion there's no doubting her looks, but she knew what she was doing; causing a controversy in order to attract the attention of the media. With her looks she's wasted in banking and may now have a career presenting Bloomberg or similar ahead of her.

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=Debrahlee%20Lorenzana&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

whilst shes not unattractive, the majority of women working in investment banking/ client facing are similarly attractive and dress on a similar basis, it suggests to me that more likely she was just sh!t at her job but its always worth a try with compensation culture as it is

she was also on 70K USD at 33 (ie fck all so clearly not a high flier (a decent PA will get more than that at Citi), you can clearly see the attraction in trying out for compensation)

Guest X-QUORK

The Citibank Gents cubicles obviously couldn't handle such furious vibration going on all day, every day.

After her interview – to which she wore a black Armani wrap dress and Christian Louboutin heels

Doesn't everybody?

whilst shes not unattractive, the majority of women working in investment banking/ client facing are similarly attractive and dress on a similar basis, it suggests to me that more likely she was just sh!t at her job but its always worth a try with compensation culture as it is

Yep, I'd give her one, but she is by no means exceptionally attractive by IB standards.

... there's no doubting her looks, but ...

does the bank have a branch in Ulaan Bataar they could promote her to?

Ok, maybe Tokyo. She may find she has to rejig her self-evaluation there.

What's with the truly awesome peasant-mamma 'childbearing hips" on her?

Very nice, but that never lasts. Well, not in their current configuration ...

I wish to God she worked at our place. We only employ two women, one is ugly and the other one makes me feel nauseous as she is SO friggin ugly.

Debrahlee Lorenzana, 33, alleges that she was ordered to stop wearing pencil skirts, fitted business suits, tight trousers and high heels because her appearance was too much for her colleagues at Citibank to bear.

"My entire life, I've been dealing with this. People say, 'Oh, you got a job because you look that way'," Miss Lorenzana said. "Are you saying that just because I look this way genetically, that this should be a curse for me?"

I hadn't realised that pencil skirts, tight trousers and high heels were genetic.

Makes me feel much better about my appalling dress sense.

Blue Steel™ stamp of approval on this one....

blue-steel.jpg

:lol:

"I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is."

You go girl!

I must remember that line in my next interview:

"Loved the work, but I had to leave because everyone was so jealous of how fabulous I am"

she was also on 70K USD at 33 (ie fck all so clearly not a high flier (a decent PA will get more than that at Citi), you can clearly see the attraction in trying out for compensation)

Yep, does look a bit engineered.