House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Times Ramping House Prices Today

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/property/article7143240.ece

From Times Online
June 4, 2010
The housing market news lowdown
We rate the latest reports from the property market, from doom-laden (one star) to optimistic (five stars)

Sick minds at work when affordable housing is doom-laden. Comments so far show people are sick of inflated prices and do not belive the VI attempts to get inflation moving again. The internet is a powerful tool against estate agent propaganda.

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/property/article7143240.ece

From Times Online
June 4, 2010
We rate the latest reports from the property market, from doom-laden (one star) to optimistic (five stars)

Sick minds at work when affordable housing is doom-laden. Comments so far show people are sick of inflated prices and do not belive the VI attempts to get inflation moving again. The internet is a powerful tool against estate agent propaganda.

exactly, i think most people are sick of it now

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/property/article7143247.ece

The buyers of the houses coming on to the market are most likely to be the
75 per cent of homeowners who have no mortgage or only a tiny loan.
Richard Donnell, of Hometrack, the property data group, calculates that the 14 million households in this happy position have “the capacity to keep the market ticking over for the rest of the year”.

I see, then the banks didn't make any silly loans after all! How could the world have been so silly to think that the banking crises were caused by too much credit being extended.

Donnell has illustrated a classic PONZI.

Edited by Realistbear

From Times Online
June 4, 2010

Comments will make absolutely no difference to Ashworth and her mates. In the context of house prices, 'rising = improving' is hard-wired into their blinkered VI brains.

The Bricks and Mortar Interiors section is always good for a laugh, though.

This week you really ought to know that, 'Plastic packaging will ruin a pseudo-rustic bathing experience faster than you can say

rub a dub; so finish the look properly with Compagnie de Provence's chunky Marseille soap cubes, £.3.50 each.

I'd hate any of your pseudo-rustic bathing experiences to be wrecked because you were only using Asda's shower gel. :P

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/property/article7143247.ece

The buyers of the houses coming on to the market are most likely to be the
75 per cent of homeowners who have no mortgage or only a tiny loan.
Richard Donnell, of Hometrack, the property data group, calculates that the 14 million households in this happy position have “the capacity to keep the market ticking over for the rest of the year”.

Surely that can't be right? The banks were lending high multiples from about 2004 onwards, but that statement means that about 25% of households are responsible for the billions/trillions of debt that caused a financial meltdown? Or, maybe all those bad debts really were in the US? Or, perhaps it's commercial property that caused the bad debts? :blink:

Anyhow, those fortunate 75% can keep things ticking along, presumably by selling the same houses to each other (at a small profit, to cover the cost of twigs in a vase added to the lounge) until the economy is back on track and then the other 25% of the plebs can borrow more money and get back in the game.

I do hope Osbourne's emergency budget pulls the plug on the whole nonsense that is the housing market in this country. ;)

QB

Good work everyone, keep commenting and recommending these articles. It's one of the few constructive things we can do to sway public opinion (apart from whining to anyone who can be bothered to listen!)

Create a picture of strong fundamentals for house prices and it makes the CGT changes look even more unfair on those who will have to pay extra. Don't worry, they only have to do this for a few more weeks until they get what they want.

Good work everyone, keep commenting and recommending these articles. It's one of the few constructive things we can do to sway public opinion (apart from whining to anyone who can be bothered to listen!)

The majority of comments now appearing in the Times and Daily Mail are anti-property speculation and pro correction.

I feel certain that these are being considered by DC & Co as the pen has always been mightier than the sword.

i always say this, but we need to accept that this is in a pwoperdee, rather than news, section of the paper.

halfway intelligent readers should know that, as such, it's a quasi-advertising feature.

i always say this, but we need to accept that this is in a pwoperdee, rather than news, section of the paper.

halfway intelligent readers should know that, as such, it's a quasi-advertising feature.

The 'HPI is guaranteed and pwoperdee experts tell the truth' brainwashing is extremely strong in the overwhelming majority of people. I find it amazing that whoever I talk to and whatever age they are, I get the same lines about 'but most households are dual income now' and 'but what about the increased demand due to immigration' and 'but we already had the crash, that's all over now' etc. Nazi and Soviet propagandists look like total amateurs beside the UK real estate profession.

The 'HPI is guaranteed and pwoperdee experts tell the truth' brainwashing is extremely strong in the overwhelming majority of people. I find it amazing that whoever I talk to and whatever age they are, I get the same lines about 'but most households are dual income now' and 'but what about the increased demand due to immigration' and 'but we already had the crash, that's all over now' etc. Nazi and Soviet propagandists look like total amateurs beside the UK real estate profession.

that sounds like me dear ole mum...unfortunately

Indeed. At some point the Times will cease to publish this dross supplement and that will be one of the key signs that the market is normalising. It happened in the .com boom the Times had some dodgy IT supplement that died at the same point the bubble died.

I am not usually vindictive, but I really hope that the Ashworth woman loses her job and is bankrupted. It is unlikely to happen, but it would be a decent comeuppance when you consider all of the poor suckers she has lured in to buying in to the bubble.

And as for Rebecca Oconnor and her celebridy ouses feature. Hmmm. It would be cruel to wish her the worst as she is obviously a dimwit. But even so, there should be some penance.

Edited by Pond321

The media are still hopelessly trying to ramping prices. It's beginning to look stupid.

All the comments sections I’ve recently read conflict totally with their ramping Vis article.

It looks like the sheeple are actually beginning to get it.

Or are regular HPC posters!

A few previously gobby rampers I know have gone quiet at the mo, some even admit that a "correction" is possible. :huh:

It's no great shock that a section that makes money by selling property ads has to be upbeat on property, but todays' article was particularly stunning.

They focus on the Land Registry price rises over a year, ignoring the fact that it's been falling in recent months.

London Man wrote:
For those not already aware - the comments section of these stories are basically flooded by posters from the housepricecrash market, desperately trying to talk the market down and hype up wildly exaggerated 'corrections' that have never happened. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the current situation,these people have an agenda - ignore them!
June 4, 2010 12:13 PM BST
RECOMMEND? (2)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I honestly think the best way to get the message across is to vote with your feet, and make it known. Point out to the paper that as a once avid reader, you will no longer be subscribing to it. Hit 'em where it hurts.

but if we were true to our word we would not read any newspapers!

From Times Online
June 4, 2010

Already have done, nice to see the majority are bears; bar some ramping half-wits.