House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Ayatollah Buggeri

Tesco Wins The Ayatollah's 'politically Correct Retailer Of The Year' Award

Given the recent events in Cumbria, I got a wry giggle out of the sight, in my local Tesco, of the £3 bargain DVD shelf. Prominently displayed thereon was a pile of copies of Taxi Driver. For those unfamiliar with this masterpiece of 1970s nihilism, it stars Robert de Niro as an embittered, psychologically damaged Vietnam veteran turned New York cab driver. In the final scene he perpetrates a shooting massacre against various dregs of society (e.g. pimps and drug dealers) in an attempt to clean up the filth and corruption with which he has become obsessed.

What next - a free copy of Monty Python's Life of Brian with every Easter egg?!

I doubt the staff have clocked this. There is usualy quite a lot of reaction in TV programming (no re-runs of Taxi etc.)

BUT, I was surprised to see a re-run of a panel show last night joking about serial killers. It was an old one, QI on Dave or 8 / 10 cats or similar but probably didn't get noticed.

That may explain why Coronation Street was pulled yesterday..story line featured Carla and Hayley tied up and held at gunpoint by a dodgy middle-aged bloke.

I believe they are having to rewrite Corrie and East Enders as both their story arcs involve serial killers.