House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest X-QUORK

Local Scoops

Guest X-QUORK

Richmond and Twickenham Times - Richmond Council calls on Royal Parks to withdraw parking charges planning applications

The leader of Richmond Council has called on Royal Parks to stop chasing planning permission for pay and display machines in Richmond and Bushy parks. Pressure is mounting on the agency to withdraw two applications after Councillor Nick True instructed planning officers to request it to scrap the proposals.

This kind of thing has got to stop.

Richmond and Twickenham Times - Richmond Council calls on Royal Parks to withdraw parking charges planning applications

The leader of Richmond Council has called on Royal Parks to stop chasing planning permission for pay and display machines in Richmond and Bushy parks. Pressure is mounting on the agency to withdraw two applications after Councillor Nick True instructed planning officers to request it to scrap the proposals.

Not sure of your point Quorky!! This is proper local news... I use Bushy Park on a regular basis with my family and have petitioned my MP about this issue..... :)

They want pay parking in these parks? Why, does it get really busy?

It is very expensive to live near or within walking distance of our Royal parks. Very affluent areas, Teddington, Hampton court, Richmond etc and we often visit them as a family and we are totally against paying up to £1 an hour to park. Family time is everything to me and walking in the park should be encouraged as healthy free exercise. We are also against the numerous signs and painted parking bays that would look awful. The argumnt was always about traffic through the park but this is caused by motorist using it as a rat run/short cut....

They are beautiful areas and coming from inner London, I really appreciate the vast open spaces, peace and quiet etc.... We suggested that they close the gates during peak rush hour if that is really the problem but most of us feel it is just another money making shitty tax.....

This is not one of those local stories about a lollipop lady retiring after 100 years serving the community...

Guest X-QUORK

This is not one of those local stories about a lollipop lady retiring after 100 years serving the community...

Jesus Christ! I spent a good few minutes trying to find a suitably dreary story and now you tell me it's a critical issue in the Bosh household?!

Scunnered's story is the winner so far, those nutty Koreans!

This just in!! - Traffic light at Menard's now working

I'm pretty stoked at this.

Strathearn Herald: Bee education night in Muthill.

STRATHEARN residents are being invited to attended a bee-friendly night in Muthill.

The evening will be held on Monday in Muthill Village Hall at 7.45pm and will feature a talk by Margaret Lear from the Plants with Purpose nursery entitled ‘Dancing in the Dark: 25 Incredible Things About Honeybees’. Free tea, coffee and home-baked honey flapjacks will be served.

There will also be advice and information on how to make your garden or windowsill more friendly to bees as well as tips on keeping honeybees for the more adventurous.

I used to love 'little eye on the provinces' in FHM back in the day.

One headline that always sticks in my mind is;

'Firemen called to blaze'

Reading the story further it turned out that 1 m2 of carpet had been set alight :lol:

Pay & display machines accompanied by a cacophony of ostentatious signs appeared in our local park car parks over spring. <_<

Fail, that story is of some interest.

Pastie story was hot off the press...and the parking story was Fine!! :)

Recently looked at small vacancy ad for my company in the local rag........ Basic wording

Company, position, looking for, experience would be good but not essential, Training given..blah de blah

They wanted £1000.00 :o

Fail, that story is of some interest.

You are Bob Ginster and I claim my £5

Two stories that stick in my mind are from the Isle of Wight many years ago:

1) 2 gnomes were stolen from a Shanklin garden, one holding a fishing rod and one carrying a book.

2) Cow found dead on St Boniface Down.

"Potato found in bag of carrots."

OK, I made that one up.

I do remember one from many years ago in Hertfordshire.... "Hub cap stolen".

Cars don't have hubcaps any more, just ugly wheeltrims that are meant to look like alloy wheels.

I love the Lymington Times. It does not even make sense!

http://www.advertiserandtimes.co.uk/

CALMORE

Pensioner foils conmen

A pensioner’s quick thinking

saved her falling victim to dis-

traction burglars posing as police

officers. One man called at the

80-year-old’s Rothbury Close home

claiming to be hunting a youth who

had escaped custody – but were re-

fused entry. The victim said she was

“disgusted” they would prey on the

elderly.

You forget what's on the other side of Richmond Park - very cheap place to live.

Alton_Estate_Roehampton_London.jpg

The Alton Estate!

I know it well - used to ... erm .... 'know' a girl who lived there .... she was a student at a near by college or Uni or something ... apparently it had the highest car crime rate per capita in Europe, that geezer who tried to feed a chicken to lions in London zoo after getting in with them and Colin Stag all lived there ..... she moved to Putney quite quickly .....