House Price Crash Forum

House Price Rise Of 40% In Past 3 Years

Guest theboltonfury

HOLA441
HOLA442

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20100603/ten-charlotte-and-gavin-s-house-up-for-s-ea4616c.html

Bought for c800k in mid 07, now worth 1.2 million.

I somehow doubt it.

It is Wales mate. I have come to the conclusion that my nation are an entire bunch of thick chancers. I love them dearly, try to be proud but Maths ain't our strong point - I think the entire nation needs therapy! :unsure:

HOLA443
HOLA444

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20100603/ten-charlotte-and-gavin-s-house-up-for-s-ea4616c.html

I somehow doubt it.

I know nothing about the property or its history and before passing judgement I think you'd need a pretty detailed underatnding but its quite possible to increase the value of a property by 50% in a couple of years ( not any property obviously but some)... more land, an extension, barns, a refurb, a swimming pool, buying next door and demolishing it... whatever there are a whole range of ways to increase the value of a property... she may have done some or all.

HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest theboltonfury

I know nothing about the property or its history and before passing judgement I think you'd need a pretty detailed underatnding but its quite possible to increase the value of a property by 50% in a couple of years ( not any property obviously but some)... more land, an extension, barns, a refurb, a swimming pool, buying next door and demolishing it... whatever there are a whole range of ways to increase the value of a property... she may have done some or all.

They stuck some chickens in the back.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I somehow doubt it.

I think what we have here is the owners believing a house is worth the amount of money they "need". In this case, enough for both of them to buy a gaff where they can live in the manner to which they have become accustomed.

Good luck with that, kids.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Guest theboltonfury

Isn't she super loaded?

Him ... not so much.

I believe in his mid/late 20's, he's already an ex-rugby player (or pretty much so)

HOLA4415