House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest theboltonfury

House Price Rise Of 40% In Past 3 Years

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20100603/ten-charlotte-and-gavin-s-house-up-for-s-ea4616c.html

Bought for c800k in mid 07, now worth 1.2 million.

I somehow doubt it.

It is Wales mate. I have come to the conclusion that my nation are an entire bunch of thick chancers. I love them dearly, try to be proud but Maths ain't our strong point - I think the entire nation needs therapy! :unsure:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20100603/ten-charlotte-and-gavin-s-house-up-for-s-ea4616c.html

I somehow doubt it.

I know nothing about the property or its history and before passing judgement I think you'd need a pretty detailed underatnding but its quite possible to increase the value of a property by 50% in a couple of years ( not any property obviously but some)... more land, an extension, barns, a refurb, a swimming pool, buying next door and demolishing it... whatever there are a whole range of ways to increase the value of a property... she may have done some or all.

Guest theboltonfury

I know nothing about the property or its history and before passing judgement I think you'd need a pretty detailed underatnding but its quite possible to increase the value of a property by 50% in a couple of years ( not any property obviously but some)... more land, an extension, barns, a refurb, a swimming pool, buying next door and demolishing it... whatever there are a whole range of ways to increase the value of a property... she may have done some or all.

They stuck some chickens in the back.

Having bought their Glamorgan property for £780,000 three years ago, the couple carried out renovations including building a mini zoo for their two young children.

Their offspring must be pretty wild if they had to put them in a zoo.

They stuck some chickens in the back.

That would have only added a poultry amount to the value of the property.

(That was bad, even by my standards. I do apologise).

I somehow doubt it.

I think what we have here is the owners believing a house is worth the amount of money they "need". In this case, enough for both of them to buy a gaff where they can live in the manner to which they have become accustomed.

Good luck with that, kids.

Guest theboltonfury

Isn't she super loaded?

Him ... not so much.

I believe in his mid/late 20's, he's already an ex-rugby player (or pretty much so)