House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Realistbear

Timesonline No Longer Accessible Free

No more linkies to the Times.

:(

Hang on--I just tried again and gained access. First time today and I was whisked away to enjoy a free trial period for a tenner a week. :blink:

we should all chip in to a 'fighting fund' donated to a prolific poster (irro?) so we can be kept up to date

Just get your news elsewhere and leave Murdoch with fewer readers and fewer advertisers.

The Times is rather poor these days anyway, better off with the Inde or the Torygraph.

Works for me, although I stopped posting links when Murdoch said he'd charge for what's free everywhere else (the only 2 exceptions which are ever worth reading are Parris and Clarkson, but not worth paying Murdoch for).

In summary, this is what you've missed today:-

* A bloke shot some people

* Baron Mandelschild has a book coming out

* Israel says the ship was owned by a terrorist group

* Man from the Pru won't quit

* Merv has refused a pay rise (noble)

* Eussr to launch its own ratings agency

* Fat Spanish Waiter is on his bike

* Barca to up bid for flabbya5se

* Daniel Finkelstein comment (hot air)

* Kaletsky wants kids to kill their grand parents (hot air)

* Seven ways to wear a suede jacket (I think that one's for birds)

* How to apply bronzer (Only relevant to politicians that one)

Would you pay a tenner for that pile of cr4p? No, me neither.........

I pay for the paper Times 6 days a week so I'm a bit naffed off that I'm going to be denied access.

fyi though there is a short article in the biz. section today headed '...housing market braced for small dips.'

Nothing new in the piece, though: the S&P report (UK housing overvalued) , + however B of E will not risk the recovery by raising IRs, BTLers set to offload to avoid CGT, housing market expected to bottom out in 2011 (S&P again)

Or the Asia Times. Their coverage of the inital bust was exceptional and right to the point.

An article comparing the The Gulf problem with the Markets, right conclusion to (as far as the markets are concerned). Where we are headed then it would be better to follow the Asia markets and the wider global news as that is where the future is, including investment and pensions.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/LE29Dj01.html

Hang on--I just tried again and gained access. First time today and I was whisked away to enjoy a free trial period for a tenner a week. :blink:

I buy the paper version every day so they are taking the piss if they think I am going to pay again to read the same stories on a computer! I suspect as long as other papers don't follow suit they will lose a lot of online readers.

Don't tend to bother with The Times these days. Matthew Parris and a few others and thats it. Better off with the Torygraph blogs and the Indie. Indeed there is a nice little plugin for Firefox/Chrome for the Indie and the Torygraph that automates the Realistbear function via the magic of RSS.I've even started watching Russia Today. I reckon its more balanced than the AlJaBeeba. :lol:

I can still access it. Google Times online

They seem to have finally closed down the thetimesonline.co.uk website and are redirecting it to thetimes.co.uk (the new site). For a while they were running two distinct sites. :blink:Dare say they wll give it few days, in order to sign up a few subscribers.

That's fine. Go elsewhere - Telegraph, Reuters, Sky, BBC etc etc ad infinitum. Don't pander to the Times stance.

Guest happy?

So farewell then Rupert Murdoch

"I'll smash the Fleet Street unions with new technology"

That was your catchphrase.

Keith's mum says the new technology has broken you.

I have just clicked onto 'The Times' its still free nothing seems to have changed (not that i care)

Even the Paris Weblog hasn't changed boring 'old Charles' still talking politics and his latest 'hot news' talking about Swiss bikes etc

His fan club hasn't changed as well good old(dead) Dot King is still there as well

As the French would say 'the more that it changes ,the less that it changes'

Nothing has changed on 'The Times'

I have just clicked onto 'The Times' its still free nothing seems to have changed (not that i care)

Even the Paris Weblog hasn't changed boring 'old Charles' still talking politics and his latest 'hot news' talking about Swiss bikes etc

His fan club hasn't changed as well good old(dead) Dot King is still there as well

As the French would say 'the more that it changes ,the less that it changes'

Nothing has changed on 'The Times'

I think RB may have just seen an ad for the iPad edition of the times (which incurs a £10 one off fee).

I can't imagine that he then totally overreacted to something he didn't understand correctly and created an over the top hyperbolic thread about it.

That would be very out of character. :lol:

I have no doubt murdoch is going to try and take a hard line with web subscriptions, I think on this occasion his belligerence is going to back fire on him.

He is getting on a bit now........

He's 79! Why can't he just put his feet up and relax for a change?

Addicted to money and power. It's his lifeblood.