House Price Crash Forum

Who Is Most To Blame For High Property Prices?

HOLA441
HOLA442

You missed a category: 'The people buying the houses'.

I've been capable of buying for about a year - but in the current market i'm not going to. I attribute this to me having 'a brain' and understanding the concept of 'value for money'.

It appears there's alot of people in the UK who lack these 2 qualities, and they are entirely to blame.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

the STR's are going to help the HPC, as they are selling there houses, but not buying another one i.e. increase supply , but not demand. I also believe they, as they have a house worth of stuff, they are not renting the the typical BTL's 2b flat, but need to rent a house which you can actually live in.

HOLA446
You missed a category: 'The people buying the houses'.

I agree, the general public who, bless em, are as mad as a bus, helped increase prices by panicing and buying property before 'its too late and we'll never be able to afford one'. Result, high demand, higher prices, which is exactly as it should be in a free market.

In my humble opinion of course... :unsure:

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

My knowledge is not as encompassing as you guys on here but as i understand it several factors have caused house prices to rise.......

1.SELLING OFF COUNCIL HOUSES - causing a shortage of homes.

2.GORDON BROWN MUCKING ABOUT WITH PENSIONS (not too sure what he did exactly but know it caused everyone to move their money into property).

3. BUY TO LET taking off (due to Gordon Brown mucking about with Pensions)

4. PROPERTY PROGRAMMES talking the market up.

5. INTEREST RATES kept low.

5. 9/11 - (I read somewhere that the BOE deliberately kept Interest rates

low after 9/11 to stop a recession.

6. BANKS/BUILDING SOCIETIES kept increasing lending multipes.

7. SENTIMENT - Which Thank God is chaing now !

8. STOCK MARKET performing badly.

Well these are my main bug-bears!!! <_<

HOLA4410

the main thing responsible is this

public servants put pressure on everyone, the media fed these stories to the populance of how they were so underpaid and hard up.

hence everyone from police to nurses to dole snoops all got way above inflation pay rises.

pay rises way above the general populance that supported them getting it(i say supported it was more manipulated)

All the pensioners voted for the poor nurses to get more money without thinking who would actually pay for this, and without thinking that perhaps they were well paid in the first place.

All this extra government money giving to government workers by indebting the nation is what is surely responsible for greater house prices.

Edited by homeless

HOLA4411
HOLA4412