House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patfig

England Squad

Excellent forward. Deceptively talented and causes havoc in defences with his strength and pace creating openings for the little man, Rooney, to bang them in.

Football is about teams not individual talents. Beckham wasn't a great dribbler, tackler, header or goal scorer but he could knock in precision passes that created goal-scoring opportunities. Joe Cole is possibly our most talented player but often disappoints because he can't effectively use those talents with the team.

Excellent forward. Deceptively talented and causes havoc in defences with his strength and pace creating openings for the little man, Rooney, to bang them in.

Football is about teams not individual talents. Beckham wasn't a great dribbler, tackler, header or goal scorer but he could knock in precision passes that created goal-scoring opportunities. Joe Cole is possibly our most talented player but often disappoints because he can't effectively use those talents with the team.

I think Heskey is always disappointing, but maybe thats just me.

Guest theboltonfury

He was my actual next door neighbour for a year, 3 years ago.

We used to often walk our dogs together and he's a really nice guy and remarkably intelligent. Once his dog (a blue Irish bull terrier called Noodle) got off the lead and came in to our house. I took it back to their house, and the door was answered by his fit bird (a poledancer) who was wearing just a towel, as I'd got her out of the bath. Result!

I happen to think he's not very good at football though, but didn't share that with him as I can assure you, he is genuinely ******ing massive.

Maybe he'll prove you right this time :(

I doubt it as he plays for England :lol: and we always disappoint its our lot! There I hope I have tempted fate ;)

Rooney's last 10 England games with Heskey - 9 goals

Rooney's last 10 England games without Heskey - 2 goals

He's a forward, not an out and out goal scorer. He creates the space to allow the other players to score, Rooney has said he loves playing with Heskey up front.

Not that I am a fan of Hesky but still think he will do a better at his role then Michael Carrick :angry: I just hope Gareth Barry is fit enough that Michael Carrick does not get a chance. PS Being a Man Utd fan this guy is very frustrating to watch, cant run(well not very well), can't jump to win header's, his tackling is pretty poor, and his passing is no where near what it should be Scholes is head and shoulders above him in this field but ppl go on about Carricks passing :blink: . I just hope Hargreaves is ok to play next season.

Heskey played a very large part in qualification and is a foil for Rooney... My problem is his lack of games for his club in the run up to selection and feel he has been picked based on what he can do as opposed to fitness and form...

I will back Fabio in his decision if the man is fit. It is not about him scoring goals. When he plays he is a handful and Rooney is presented with more chances. With Heskey being a nuisance the midfielders capable of scoring end up with many more chances as well... Enter Lampard and Gerrard.... Depends wether we have our shooting boots on...

Heskey often gets a chance but misses but we do tend to score more goals as a team when he is playing....

I thought he looked more like Lenny Henry after a night on the lash when he came on the other day.... ;)

Jesus

Have you ever played a team sport?

If I was the other forward I'd be begging the manager to play Heskey.

He is the Claude Makélélé of the forwards.

When Real Madrid sold Makélélé and bought Beckham, Zidane was quoted as saying "Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?"

Edit : Spelling

Agree with you about EH - it's about creating a team, not just picking the best 11 players.

DB has IMO been our biggest problem for the last 5+ years. Can't run, can't get forward, can't tackle, hasn't scored from open play since when? Simply sits 10 yards either side of the halfway line putting in aimless long balls into the penalty box apart from when he goes walkabout getting in everyone else's way and unbalancing the whole side.

JC by contrast was consistently (certainly around 2006) about our best performer. Does everyone forget what a nightmare the left wing was going back to 1996 and beyond, Waddle/Barnes were the last players we had there who were any good.

Have you ever played a team sport?

If I was the other forward I'd be begging the manager to play Heskey.

He is the Claude Makélélé of the forwards.

When Real Madrid sold Makélélé and bought Beckham, Zidane was quoted as saying "Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?"

Edit : Spelling

Yup I have at a fairly high level.

My post was meant to spark some interesting comments, and it has.

Rooney's last 10 England games with Heskey - 9 goals

Rooney's last 10 England games without Heskey - 2 goals

He's a forward, not an out and out goal scorer. He creates the space to allow the other players to score, Rooney has said he loves playing with Heskey up front.

Who says England has no tactical insight! Big man, little man. They'll never see it coming.

He wasn't available.

So who would you have taken instead of Heskey?

Crouch although he is going. I know what people say but I think there is a point when you have to recognise, as Napoleon did, where incredibly lucky is really very good just in a way you don't understand.

Hoping this comment gets selected for Coleman Balls or Pseuds Corner in the Eye now.

Crouch although he is going. I know what people say but I think there is a point when you have to recognise, as Napoleon did, where incredibly lucky is really very good just in a way you don't understand.

Hoping this comment gets selected for Coleman Balls or Pseuds Corner in the Eye now.

Long balls up to Crouch, no-one will see that one coming.

Can't argue with his goal scoring record, but the team with him in just doesn't work.

He wasn't available.

So who would you have taken instead of Heskey?

Only obvious alternatives for that role were Zamora (injured) and Kevin Davis.

Long balls up to Crouch, no-one will see that one coming.

Can't argue with his goal scoring record, but the team with him in just doesn't work.

Well, we are trying to pick between defence shape mangling target men aren't we. I don't really think playing Defoe with Rooney is very wise tbh.

Heskey has been replaced in the England squad by a Cumbrian taxi driver..

Apparantly he`s had more shots on target in one day than Heskey had all season..

Poor taste I know!!