House Price Crash Forum

Inflation:- Its On Its Way!

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Am I on a different planet? Can't see inflation in monthly expenses or shopping the past two years. Price of fuel, sure - but that's coming down, just like it did 2008.

I get the point about currency debasement, but I reckon decreasing wages are the real cause of a rise in the cost of living.

HOLA445

virtually all the inflation(as you would call it) is forex related.

wage/price spiral it ain't.

So yank up the interest rates and bolster the currency, it's hardly rocket science, is it ?

HOLA446
Guest The Relaxation Suite

Am I on a different planet? Can't see inflation in monthly expenses or shopping the past two years. Price of fuel, sure - but that's coming down, just like it did 2008.

I get the point about currency debasement, but I reckon decreasing wages are the real cause of a rise in the cost of living.

Wages haven't gone up in Britain or America since the 1970s. Most consumer goods became more affordable because we were able to import so much junk from third world countries. If you look at stuff created and manufactured here - i.e., houses, they have got ridiculously more expensive relative to wages since 1970. We have had massive wage deflation for an entire generation.

HOLA447

The same newspaper that said of 2009:

House prices are near impossible to predict. That said, there are some relatively safe predictions one can make about the coming year. The main one is that prices will continue to fall at a fair whip for the majority of the year.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/recession/4043473/UK-house-prices-will-not-be-leaping-ahead-for-many-years-to-come.html

And what happened - a big rise back to near peak prices. Not sure I trust their opinion on matters.

HOLA448

And taxes

HOLA449

Wages haven't gone up in Britain or America since the 1970s. Most consumer goods became more affordable because we were able to import so much junk from third world countries. If you look at stuff created and manufactured here - i.e., houses, they have got ridiculously more expensive relative to wages since 1970. We have had massive wage deflation for an entire generation.

I'm sure you agree that nominal wages have increased since the 1970's... right? I assume you mean wages adjusted for "Trueflation" (copyright)... Wages relative to the price of purchasing shelter have been terribly deflated (in relative terms) since 1970. Just look how it now takes a joint income 30 years to buy a slavebox in the UK.

Yeah...

HOLA4410
Guest The Relaxation Suite

I'm sure you agree that nominal wages have increased since the 1970's... right? I assume you mean wages adjusted for "Trueflation" (copyright)... Wages relative to the price of purchasing shelter have been terribly deflated (in relative terms) since 1970. Just look how it now takes a joint income 30 years to buy a slavebox in the UK.

Yeah...

Yes, real wages have not risen for a generation. Otherwise we'd all be earning about 2k a year - although if we were that 2k would be worth less than 1970s 2k, etc.

HOLA4411

same for me,

hear it every week now, "inflation on it's way" no it is "deflation" this is worse, , or is it "stagflation"

honestly we are getting nothing, i am sure they just repeat the headlines,

HOLA4412

same for me,

hear it every week now, "inflation on it's way" no it is "deflation" this is worse, , or is it "stagflation"

honestly we are getting nothing, i am sure they just repeat the headlines,

How is your pension doing?

How is the UK debt doing?

How is Euro debt doing?

Nobody losing anything except the proles...

HOLA4413

How is your pension doing?

How is the UK debt doing?

How is Euro debt doing?

Nobody losing anything except the proles...

my pension is doing just fine, Uk debt i do not care, or for the Euro, what my concern is house prices, and how it is still not happening, maybe it will never, like i have been told for years. this is my last year to wait and see.

HOLA4414

my pension is doing just fine, Uk debt i do not care, or for the Euro, what my concern is house prices, and how it is still not happening, maybe it will never, like i have been told for years. this is my last year to wait and see.

I just knew your pension would be doing just fine...on the back of either unfunded liabilities or a current boom in QE boosted stocks...same as mine.

do you need to be told everything?

and moan about how what you are told is not happening?

or maybe it IS happening, but you are not being told that either.

HOLA4415

I just knew your pension would be doing just fine...on the back of either unfunded liabilities or a current boom in QE boosted stocks...same as mine.

do you need to be told everything?

and moan about how what you are told is not happening?

or maybe it IS happening, but you are not being told that either.

maybe you are right, maybe it is happening, but all i am moaning (on this thread)about is that i do not see this inflation that people and papers go on about, like the other poster said, he cant see it too.

my concern is house prices returning to sensible prices,

HOLA4416

maybe you are right, maybe it is happening, but all i am moaning (on this thread)about is that i do not see this inflation that people and papers go on about, like the other poster said, he cant see it too.

my concern is house prices returning to sensible prices,

I too am concerned about house prices.

driving round here yesterday to various clients, I was struck by the large number of for sale signs, and on one estate, one that has many small houses on, where there were probably 20 TO LET signs up, and that was only on the route I took.

much of the estate seems to be BTL bought.

that is just plain wrong....these homes should have been starter homes...2 bed terraces, first rung. but no, evil bankers have helped and encouraged all and sundry to buy these up as BTL aided and abetted by tax breaks on the mortgages.

Its Spring, peak time for sales, and I am seeing the traffic light SOLD/FOR SALE boards and many more remaining unsold.

and its hard to get a mortgage.

and business is getting tough again....very tough.

thats what I see. Its local. Its anecdotal.

HOLA4417

I too am concerned about house prices.

driving round here yesterday to various clients, I was struck by the large number of for sale signs, and on one estate, one that has many small houses on, where there were probably 20 TO LET signs up, and that was only on the route I took.

much of the estate seems to be BTL bought.

that is just plain wrong....these homes should have been starter homes...2 bed terraces, first rung. but no, evil bankers have helped and encouraged all and sundry to buy these up as BTL aided and abetted by tax breaks on the mortgages.

Its Spring, peak time for sales, and I am seeing the traffic light SOLD/FOR SALE boards and many more remaining unsold.

and its hard to get a mortgage.

and business is getting tough again....very tough.

thats what I see. Its local. Its anecdotal.

i too am seeing many many come on the market, but with no real price reductions, but the more that come on will be better.

time will tell i suppose, by the end of the year we will know, if it is going to happen or not

thanks for your info though, looks the same as most places i hear about

HOLA4418

i too am seeing many many come on the market, but with no real price reductions, but the more that come on will be better.

time will tell i suppose, by the end of the year we will know, if it is going to happen or not

thanks for your info though, looks the same as most places i hear about

thats the point....you are not seeing reductions in asking prices......people have to make an offer to determine the actual price.

more low balling, and its inevitable UNLESS the bankers continue to buy their own possessions, or finance their shells to buy what they consider underpriced housing.

this sort of corruption could go on for years Im afraid...if it is indeed occuring outside the realms of possessions.

I understand BMW used this strategy to keep used car values up...

HOLA4419

What will you do then, James? Buy or accept it's not going to happen and you never will? :(

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Petrol has gone down about 5p a litre in the last fortnight.

It was £5 to fill up the entire car 30 years ago.

inflation is about money supply.

the bankers have got it first....they will benefit.

or they may just piss it away and die.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

It's Madsen Pirie, who's a right-wing nutter. So what he says is entirely predictable. We could have Euro-area inflation rates if we were in the Eurozone, as our economy would be contracting and we wouldn't be able to debase our currency. The inflation we have now is largely imported through currency debasement, it's not classic wage-spiral inflation. He wants to have it both ways; castigate UK levels of inflation without being a paid-up member of the Eurozone. This is worthless garbage.

HOLA4424

Wage-price spirals are impossible in a globalised world. Production moves abroad as soon as the price differential exceeds the transport cost of goods.

But currency induced inflation is still inflation - price inflation, not necessarily money supply inflation. We can easily have the economy shrinking while prices go up, aka stagflation.

HOLA4425

Wage-price spirals are impossible in a globalised world. Production moves abroad as soon as the price differential exceeds the transport cost of goods.

But currency induced inflation is still inflation - price inflation, not necessarily money supply inflation. We can easily have the economy shrinking while prices go up, aka stagflation.

Agreed which is why white collar workers are getting so badly raped this time, as things which can be emailed FTP'd out of the country transport cost is neglible.

BMW man tells me payroll was just sent to India and Kevin's daughter got the push at her printing firm.