House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bpw

Table Of Data That Should Be Pinned

I think this table should be pinned. The next time you see the US or UK pouring oil onto the EUs beaches then think of these figures:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/files/2010/05/eurodeficits.jpg

Its clear to me the USA and UK are colluding to divert attention from the 800lb gorilla which is their unfunded government and private debts. As for those who previously argued away the UKs 480% of GDP private and public debts you're all looking pretty foolish. The external private debt is no more backed by secure assets than Icelandic debt was. It's a mirage and smokescreen. If Europe has any sense it should prosecute the likes of Goldman Sachs, Paulson and Soros and shut down the deliberate and speculative attacks on european bonds. Greece is not the Problem, Britain and the USA are the miscreants.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB40001424052748703795004575087741848074392.html

I predicted a financial war with the USA and UK on one hand and the EU, and BRICs on the other. Its now looking very likely I was correct. You should all have zero respect for Wall St or the City of London: both are like whores spreading syphilitic revenge. Americans and Britains have a lot of answer for.

I think this table should be pinned. The next time you see the US or UK pouring oil onto the EUs beaches then think of these figures:

Its clear to me the USA and UK are colluding to divert attention from the 800lb gorilla which is their unfunded government and private debts. As for those who previously argued away the UKs 480% of GDP private and public debts you're all looking pretty foolish. The external private debt is no more backed by secure assets than Icelandic debt was. It's a mirage and smokescreen. If Europe has any sense it should prosecute the likes of Goldman Sachs, Paulson and Soros and shut down the deliberate and speculative attacks on european bonds. Greece is not the Problem, Britain and the USA are the miscreants.

I predicted a financial war with the USA and UK on one hand and the EU, and BRICs on the other. Its now looking very likely I was correct. You should all have zero respect for Wall St or the City of London: both are like whores spreading syphilitic revenge. Americans and Britains have a lot of answer for.

US and UK= axis of evil.

The Euro even after recent falls is 25-30% up on it's value against the USD and GBP since going live in 2002. What do we get? headlines about the Euro crashing. More pathetic propaganda swallowing from the Anglo Saxon debt monkeys.

Edited by campervanman

The axis is looking decidedly wobbly. Remember - the average american doesnt care one jot for Britain. When push comes to shove, the USA will let Britain drown in its debt (much of which was stacked up by American Investment Banks....).

Britain is a part of europe and it's time for Little Britain to admit its failures (that not just me saying it - Buill Bryson and David Willettes agree and say so too). If not, its off to 'Jesus Camp' for you all:

http://www.jesuscampthemovie.com/

If you think this is posted in jest think again. RBs poor eyesight seems to have resulted in a 'love of coonass'.... come to jesus baby! Frankly, I think Brits childish approach to europe is the result of a lack of willingness to accept their fading glory. The result is brits are mindlessly jumping on American culture, and abandoning their own, without understanding the values. Take a close look at what Obama does to understand the man the country. He is no special friend

US and UK= axis of evil.

The Euro even after recent falls is 25-30% up on it's value against the USD and GBP since going live in 2002. What do we get? headlines about the Euro crashing. More pathetic propaganda swallowing from the Anglo Saxon debt monkeys.

Edited by bpw

Guest happy?

http://blogs.telegra...urodeficits.jpg

http://online.wsj.co...1848074392.html

It doesn't surprise me that the Eurocrats are miles behind us on this too.

Face it they are timid/diffident little creatures with neither the appetite nor moral courage to get properly into debt.

The EU - where everything's half-ars3d

It doesn't surprise me that the Eurocrats are miles behind us on this too.

Face it they are timid/diffident little creatures with neither the appetite nor moral courage to get properly into debt.

The EU - where everything's half-ars3d

Including house prices. At least the yanks get an overpriced property big enough to live in unlike their junior partners in crime whose dimwits pay over the odds for houses big enough for a family of midgets. The europeans of course have the best idea. Low priced decent sized houses. The EU where houses are half priced.

"Britain and the USA are the miscreants."

'The selbst angst is strong in this one Obi Wan.'

'Yes Luke, he was bullied in the playground and wishes he was a Jerman."

'Are these the droids he is looking for?'

'No ....

'

The force is with me.....

Only one not I

All expats know I think the same

all expats degrees and smart be

tis the dark ones that are dulusional.

OK enuf of the that

Care to discuss the table of data !! Lets discuss this from the point of view of facts. debts in the USA = twice EU........fact so who is the 80lb gorrilla

"Britain and the USA are the miscreants."

'The selbst angst is strong in this one Obi Wan.'

'Yes Luke, he was bullied in the playground and wishes he was a Jerman."

'Are these the droids he is looking for?'

'No ....

'

The force is with me.....

Only one not I

All expats know I think the same

all expats degrees and smart be

tis the dark ones that are dulusional.

OK enuf of the that

Care to discuss the table of data !! Lets discuss this from the point of view of facts. debts in the USA = twice EU........fact so who is the 80lb gorrilla

The first question I would ask myself is who do I trust to repay me. Serial defaulters like Greece (which if they default would crash the German and French banking systems) or the USA backed 100% by China ho basically own them.

Correct USA every time. Europe is the 5000lb Gorilla because no one entity backs the individual Euro debts. It is a shame currency. I suggest you change all your Euros into dollars and then wipe you **** with your remaining 5 euro note.

As an anecdotal my 77 year old father is going on holiday and one stop invovles Athens - did he take euros no way he is taking US dollars. He thinks the Greeks will be giving him a discount for paying in USD.

Ability to meet the obligations of your debt is more important than its size.

I bet a certain number of people round here know people that have personal debts of more than one million pounds, mortgage included.

All of my friends and acquaintances in that category, say 10 people, have sleepless nights about it but none have lost their houses yet and they are telling me they have fewer sleepless nights now than 18 months ago.

Two of my friends have lost their jobs in this shyte ..... and both have gone and got better jobs. Another friend lost her company, well organic catering ... what do you expect.? And she had a baby and she was taking too much money out of it anyway .... so .... she's having another baby.

If the apocalypse was about to descend on the UK, I would expect to see his outriders among my peer group.

No sign of him.

I am afraid the talk is of buying more real estate, in London. And I am talking about British people who have been living and working in London for 20 years.

Some of my friends have left but the one's who remain are doing well.

So what's with all my boring anecdotals?

That which is within the purview of my personal knowledge, is consistent with what appears to be the market sentiment behind the recent strengthening of sterling.

IE, the UK isn't farked.

As for the States.

Didn't tomwatson who lives in Rhode Island post on another thread that the septics are able to take pay cuts and deal with their shyte.

The foreclosure crisis in the States is a maelstrom. But Uncle Sam hasn't slid into the sea yet.

If anything the flight to safety is towards him and away from the Jermans. Who are banning short selling, bitching at the Greeks for accepting all the bad loans the Jermans threw at them and then acting surprised when the Bubbles don't/won't/can't repay .... errrr .... hello Otto ..... and then promising to bail out the French, when of course, they are not going to.

So what am I saying?

Although US and British debt level are too high, my anecdotal evidence and international money market sentiment would suggest they are manageable and that the Anglos-Saxon sphere is better placed to weather this storm than Euroland.

Or,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjCyZ2P9bCA

Edited by indirectapproach

really?

the constant bombardment of repetitive nonsense that poses for daytime telly is reminiscent of nazi germany.

so I would hazard a guess that it's precisely the same people trying to pull that stunt on us and make us take the rap for it.

we should pehaps delve a little deeper into who really owns the corporations,as it is again the merging of corporation and state that seem to be causing the problems.

The UK's private debt mountain is something that rarely gets discussed on this forum because there are so many people obsessed with the public deficit .

The reality is that it is as every bit as large and as deadly as any state debt and much of it is just as unlikely to be repaid.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE50I4BU20090119

Edited by realcrookswearsuits

You make my point for me - thanks.

The PIGS 'R' US. The growth in the USA is based on debt likewise the UK. Go read the post on Niall Fergusons presentation to the Peterson Institute. It lays you my thoughts in less prosaic ways.

UK and USA = debt pigs. And dangerous ones too.