House Price Crash Forum

Chasing The Market Down

I noticed this house newly registered on propertynews as keen to sell.

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r=1&c=33452&s=96399810&i=13&p=PNC316204&fp=1&sort=added

Its been on the market since at least June 2008 originally priced at 336K now on at 175K

How many other unrealistic vendors will take this long and weary route to a sale?

Wish they were so reasonably priced around here!! That same house would be £4-425k where I live. Interesting to know what it would be where others live?

That looks like value surely? 5 bed detached house for £175k, 24% below RV - I would be surprised if property in general gets any cheaper than that. Plus it's in good condition unlike most RV or below level stuff that needs a fortune spent on it.

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r=1&c=1&s=96759144&i=0&p=PNC510386&fp=1&sort=h2l

This house has been on the market a lifetime, i think it started of at £240k

The estate agents photos, with the "Do not Use" tape over the fireplace, toilet and shower arent exactly a great advertising feature though!

Any ideas why this has been done?

I was told once that this is done when the house has been repossessed, can't say definitively though.

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r=1&c=1&s=96759144&i=0&p=PNC510386&fp=1&sort=h2l

The estate agents photos, with the "Do not Use" tape over the fireplace, toilet and shower arent exactly a great advertising feature though!

Yeah thats a sign of a repo. Think its because the water etc is turned off, so obviously to stop anyone doing anything in the toilet and not being able to flush it! :huh: And in the case of the fireplace - maybe because the chimney has been blocked to stop birds building or something similar.

Yeah thats a sign of a repo. Think its because the water etc is turned off, so obviously to stop anyone doing anything in the toilet and not being able to flush it! :huh: And in the case of the fireplace - maybe because the chimney has been blocked to stop birds building or something similar.

Could also be related to not having a gas safety cert, they don't want to maintain the property while the market 'recovers'.

Bears agents estates woods :D