House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reck B

Israel Vs Palestine

How does that help him pick a side?

Israelis play in Blue and Palestinians more of a green motif.

its Celtic v rangers circumcised

Jewish religious belief that Jerusalem is the centre of a home land turned to political reality in 1947 as WW2 victors feel sorry for the hard time the Jews had in the war.

Arab occupants who got moved to 'bantustans', don't agree with Jews and want their grandparent's farms and houses back which is tricky as Israel is largely supported by the West.

Sounds very judgey, didn't you know that as good hand-wringing moral relativists its cool to pretend they are both as bad as each other. Here, have some tofu and consider knitting your own clothes out of seaweed in penance. [Apologies if you can't knit and my remark was taken to be offensive, I'm not knittingablist in any shape or form].

Sounds very judgey, didn't you know that as good hand-wringing moral relativists its cool to pretend they are both as bad as each other. Here, have some tofu and consider knitting your own clothes out of seaweed in penance. [Apologies if you can't knit and my remark was taken to be offensive, I'm not knittingablist in any shape or form].

Hitler used to knit*

*Or not eat dogs, or something like that.....

Hitler used to knit*

yes,I can see how such a hobby would serve as a useful distraction from ordering the gassing of several hundred thousand people at a time,or a bit of de-stress from all those dodgy experiments on the handicapped.

Radovan karadzic does quite a good line in homeopathic medicine from what I gather.

I'll admit to being a total ignaramous on the whole Israel/Palestine problems but that footage of the soldiers and crew over the weekend was awesome, so I've decided to get myself an opinion so I can start supporting one of the teams.

I can't be bothered to do any research, so would someone mind giving me a synopsis of whats going on over there. Keep it brief please - 2 lines maximum.

GO!

It all started with the crusades in 1099, the pope of the time thought it would be financially profitable to invade Palestine and they did indeed make a fortune (Christian vs Muslims).

refs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Siege-Jerusalem-Crusade-Conquest-1099/dp/1847252311

Then in 1881 the first wave of jewish settlers arrived, largely for financial reasons, (so it became Christian vs Muslim vs Jewish until 1947 when the British left)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Aliyah

The religious angle is always emphasised in the press, but it really is more about money, even today Palestine is such a fantastically fertile region you can have a small holding with a few Jaffa trees and some goats and make an easy living. If only the bible had placed the promised land in Cumbernauld none of this fighting would have happened.

It all started with the crusades in 1099, the pope of the time thought it would be financially profitable to invade Palestine and they did indeed make a fortune (Christian vs Muslims).

refs:

http://www.amazon.co...9/dp/1847252311

Then in 1881 the first wave of jewish settlers arrived, largely for financial reasons, (so it became Christian vs Muslim vs Jewish until 1947 when the British left)

http://en.wikipedia....ki/First_Aliyah

The religious angle is always emphasised in the press, but it really is more about money, even today Palestine is such a fantastically fertile region you can have a small holding with a few Jaffa trees and some goats and make an easy living. If only the bible had placed the promised land in Cumbernauld none of this fighting would have happened.

Really? So remind me, where was Jesus born, who killed him, where and who were the protagonists?

Or are you saying that happened in the 11/12th century?

Really? So remind me, where was Jesus born, who killed him, where and who were the protagonists?

Or are you saying that happened in the 11/12th century?

Jesus was a Palestinian Jew. It really is strange that the Christians support the Jews, though they have somehow managed to spin his murder as a good thing, still i suspect the west just prefer the Jews to be at least that far away and someone else's problem.

I'll admit to being a total ignaramous on the whole Israel/Palestine problems but that footage of the soldiers and crew over the weekend was awesome, so I've decided to get myself an opinion so I can start supporting one of the teams.

I can't be bothered to do any research, so would someone mind giving me a synopsis of whats going on over there. Keep it brief please - 2 lines maximum.

GO!

Bald men argue over comb then proceed to fight to the death over which end to open boiled egg..

Worth noting that Israel is the same size as Wales and 66% of its area is taken up by the Negev deset

can't be bothered to do any research, so would someone mind giving me a synopsis of whats going on over there. Keep it brief please - 2 lines maximum.

GO!

Evil, grasping, Jews keep murdering innocent civilians. We owe them money, so do nothing.

Now I've heard it all - it's cos it's fertile land!

Please. They're squabbling over probably the only patch of desert in the middle east with no oil under it :blink:

Unless those pesky Jews are just waiting for crude to go to $800 a barrel and then they'll start pumping. Yeah, that's it, those sneaky, money grabbing Jews <_<

Bit of desert nobody wanted. British aristocrat decided to give to one group. Now two groups want it.

Sorry, three sentences.

p-o-p

(Having read ahead, I know the haiku idea has already cropped up, but doing a haiku was the first thing that occurred to me on seeing this post.)

So:

An unwanted desert,

To one side, a gift given,

Both sides now covet

Thanks for all your reasoned and concise summaries. I particularly enjoyed the haikus (haiki?)

After considering which side to offer my support, I've decided that life is too short to give a shit about either side, let's face it, they've both lost their collective minds. Ignorance truley is bliss - I will instead devote more time pondering why the crunchie tastes much better and is much bigger in New Zealand than it is in the UK.

You can't have a product of the same name which differs so vastly both in terms of taste and dimension.

What gives?

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Thanks for all your reasoned and concise summaries. I particularly enjoyed the haikus (haiki?)

After considering which side to offer my support, I've decided that life is too short to give a shit about either side, let's face it, they've both lost their collective minds. Ignorance truley is bliss - I will instead devote more time pondering why the crunchie tastes much better and is much bigger in New Zealand than it is in the UK.

You can't have a product of the same name which differs so vastly both in terms of taste and dimension.

What gives?

They're made from sheep hooves.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

refs:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Siege-Jerusalem-Crusade-Conquest-1099/dp/1847252311

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Aliyah

Are you saying all this trouble is about oranges?

Can't we give the Jews a bit of Spain?

Plenty of oranges and no actual work to speak of.

Jesus was a Palestinian Jew. It really is strange that the Christians support the Jews, though they have somehow managed to spin his murder as a good thing, still i suspect the west just prefer the Jews to be at least that far away and someone else's problem.

Reminds me of the recently converted Christian who was stopped midway through beating a Jew to death.

"What has this man everdone to you"? asked the passer by.

"He's a Jew and they murdered my saviour"

"But that was 2000 years ago" said the astonished stranger.

"Well I just found out about it yesterday"

How about a haiku?:

A land is stolen

The sun-baked sands run blood red

All will end in fire

Nice. You even got a seasonal reference in, which most people forget. 10/10.

Are you saying all this trouble is about oranges?

Can't we give the Jews a bit of Spain?

Plenty of oranges and no actual work to speak of.

Been there done that, Catalan was formed from Muslim region of Spain, if you gave Catalan to the Jewish people you have an almost identical ethnic situation to Israeli situation (a mix of muslims/catalans, christians and jewish people)

www.informationclearinghouse.info

Sorry I don't know how to copy/paste on mac yet.

I doubt Macs can do that.

GO!

Religious loonies use ancient myth to justify stealing other people's land.

They get away with it and steal more and more.

The Jews had the shite kicked out of them by the Nazis. They were given a bit of land as compensation and then morphed into Nazis' themselves.

Now I've heard it all - it's cos it's fertile land!

Please. They're squabbling over probably the only patch of desert in the middle east with no oil under it :blink:

Unless those pesky Jews are just waiting for crude to go to $800 a barrel and then they'll start pumping. Yeah, that's it, those sneaky, money grabbing Jews <_<

you are being a little harsh.

the jews are actually trying to escape from another sect....in hebrew called erev rav.

in their own scriptures they were warned by g-d not to have them accompany them out of egypt during the exodus,and that these people would gravitate into positions of leadership and bring oppression again.

so it's wrong to generalise without doing a little research.The real jews have had an extremely raw deal.

The Jews had the shite kicked out of them by the Nazis. They were given a bit of land as compensation and then morphed into Nazis' themselves.

I like this explanation best.

Although remember the Israel state is Nazi-like not Jews themselves.

Israel is performing a slow systematic genocide on the Palestinians

Support the ordinary gazans whose families are being killed they are the underdog who needs support

google "to shoot an elephant" if you want to see gaza footage they daren't show on msm

bombings, shootings, children killed or in agony, shooting at ambulances, hospitals etc.

Geneva convention? F*** that were Israel!!

Support Palastine they need it it's them who need freeing