House Price Crash Forum

Israel Vs Palestine

Reck B

HOLA441

I'll admit to being a total ignaramous on the whole Israel/Palestine problems but that footage of the soldiers and crew over the weekend was awesome, so I've decided to get myself an opinion so I can start supporting one of the teams.

I can't be bothered to do any research, so would someone mind giving me a synopsis of whats going on over there. Keep it brief please - 2 lines maximum.

GO!

HOLA442

I'll admit to being a total ignaramous on the whole Israel/Palestine problems but that footage of the soldiers and crew over the weekend was awesome, so I've decided to get myself an opinion so I can start supporting one of the teams.

I can't be bothered to do any research, so would someone mind giving me a synopsis of whats going on over there. Keep it brief please - 2 lines maximum.

GO!

Zionists were homeless and looking to return to their homeland around Jerusalem. They decided to settle in Palestine and the Zionists agreed this is home and called it Israel, but the local Arab population didn't agree, and still don't.

HOLA443

1 band of crazy fantasists have a different set of madcap delusions than another set of crazy fantasists.

As they are insane and completely ignoring all reality the only way to solve their disputes when one fantasy clashes with another is with violence.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Along time ago, not that long ago though, a lot of neighbours attacked poor little Israel, they fought them off and took some of the land (from those nasty neighbours for themselves).

Anyway decades have past and some people think this land should now be given back, but the Israelis don't think so.

Short enough?

that's pretty close.

and the invaders this time had the bright idea about 40 years ago of breeding like rabbits so there would be more of them to fight in the next attack,a generation or two hence.

...and the isreali's still don't think so.

this also applies to the west in general.While typical western birth rate is now about 1.4-1.7 per couple,the "immigrant" percentage is significantly higher..like 3.5-4 per couple.

They'd better not get on the wrong side of germany!!!..they can and will solve radical islam,quite brutally.

if the jews thought they were hard done by,it'll be nothing compared to the holocaust unleashed by a new fúhrer emboldened with the "I told you so" trick up his sleeve.

...and all of europe will rejoice at having such a bold leader to solve the problem.

HOLA446

1 band of crazy fantasists have a different set of madcap delusions than another set of crazy fantasists.

As they are insane and completely ignoring all reality the only way to solve their disputes when one fantasy clashes with another is with violence.

That's actually not a bad summary. 2 sentences as well. Well done!

HOLA447

Bunch of Europeans use miltech advantages to set up colony in third-world shithole, as was all the rage until recently.

Spend the next few decades fighting a losing battle against inevitably enraged ****, Algeria/Kenya/Vietnam/Rhodesia-style.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Bunch of Europeans use miltech advantages to set up colony in third-world shithole, as was all the rage until recently.

Spend the next few decades fighting a losing battle against inevitably enraged ****, Algeria/Kenya/Vietnam/Rhodesia-style.

Don't forget that both sides think they're on a mission from God.

And that at least one side has these:

Nuke%20Test.jpeg

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

"He started it." "No, he started it." "No, he started it." "No, he started it"...

Repeat for 3000 years.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

very good.

now who would you say were the aggressors?,judean people's front,or the people's front of judea?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

That's actually not a bad summary. 2 sentences as well. Well done!

indeed.

we have zionofascists going up against islamofascists,and a few christofascists thrown into the mix for good measure.

they are all fascists,so frankly it would do the world a service to be rid of all of them.

HOLA4414

GO!

Three major religions claim small part of earth is very very holy and are willing to kill anyone who disagrees with them, 3000+ year ruck continues.

HOLA4415

Along time ago, not that long ago though, a lot of neighbours attacked poor little Israel, they fought them off and took some of the land (from those nasty neighbours for themselves).

Anyway decades have past and some people think this land should now be given back, but the Israelis don't think so.

Short enough?

You could have added that if the nasty neighbours had finished off the war before disagreeing over the spoils they would have finished off Israel.

HOLA4416

Three major religions claim small part of earth is very very holy and are willing to kill anyone who disagrees with them, 3000+ year ruck continues.

Minor note to add - all three worship the same God, accept the same 'prophets' (depending on their cutoff years - based on the primary publication date of their preferred holy handbook) and have broadly the same moral and religious frameworks.

What is really odd is that the natural enemy of these 3 is the Buddhist/Hindu/Other religions which do not recognise or worship the same god - whose overiding command was to undermine and eliminate the competition gods - yet they spend most of their time, energy and blood bashing each other - with a preference for bashing those from within different splinters of their own groups!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Jewish religious belief that Jerusalem is the centre of a home land turned to political reality in 1947 as WW2 victors feel sorry for the hard time the Jews had in the war.

Arab occupants who got moved to 'bantustans', don't agree with Jews and want their grandparent's farms and houses back which is tricky as Israel is largely supported by the West.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Guest absolutezero

How about a haiku?:

A land is stolen

The sun-baked sands run blood red

All will end in fire

Thank you, Mr Nostradamus.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Zionists were homeless and looking to return to their homeland around Jerusalem. They decided to settle in Palestine and the Zionists agreed this is home and called it Israel, but the local Arab population didn't agree, and still don't.

How does that help him pick a side?

Israelis play in Blue and Palestinians more of a green motif.

HOLA4425

Israel are in the Olympic Games and the Football World Cup.

Palestine aren't.

And the Eurovision Song Contest. I still don't understand how they count as "Europe" though, either for the purposes of football or tacky pop music.

Archived