House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Leodhasach

Interesting Article On Scotland

Apologies if this has been posted already:

article

It's a surprisingly bearish article until the final paragraph...

"Another interest rate cut could help, so could a general upturn in the economic mood of the UK which remains downbeat, despite a strong stock market, but personally I think the market will stay static for a further few months, probably until the spring. Then we should start to see it slowly, slowly recover its confidence."

...but given the inflation figures and the oil price, I think she'll be waiting a long time for her IR cut and economic upturn!

The scotsman is usually pretty bullish especially about the Edinburgh market but given the number of properties on the ESPC and the number on Fixed Price and the reduction I have seen (some £75k) - I think slow , slow ,slow will be around for a long time, if not continuing down like the second quarter in the FTB area to start off with. :huh:

The Scotsman is the in-house paper for Edinburgh's financial sector, so no surprise they normally talk everything up. I don't think Scotland is quite so precarious as parts of England price-wise, I think it will be more of a correction than a crash.

I thinking of moving back home in the near future, so hopefully I'll time it just for the deepest trough :D

West Lothian and other commutable places went crazy for a while - how are they doing these days? I know someone who bought a new build in Broxburn at 90K 2003, neighbour's house (identical but smaller garden) sold for 135K late last year, exactly 50% mark-up in about 18 :blink: months!