House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crashdesk2

Bins & Ftb

Hi,

Sorry for the banality of this one, but here goes...

I am a FTB who has been renting for 10 years.

I am going to be moving into a house I have nearly completed purchase of.

The vendors are taking their bins with them.

Do I get a bin/s from the council since I will be paying rates????

Many thanks.

Hi,

Sorry for the banality of this one, but here goes...

I am a FTB who has been renting for 10 years.

I am going to be moving into a house I have nearly completed purchase of.

The vendors are taking their bins with them.

Do I get a bin/s from the council since I will be paying rates????

Many thanks.

Are they council bins? If not, I can see why they're taking them.

I thought nearly everywhere had council bins now - mind you we only got them about 18 months ago.

Are they council bins? If not, I can see why they're taking them.

I thought nearly everywhere had council bins now - mind you we only got them about 18 months ago.

If the council don't give you a bin, tell them that you've seen some rats in the garden and you're worried.

Your bins will arrive within the hour*

*times may vary

EDIT:TYPO

Edited by twatmangle

Thanks. They are the norm council bins, black, blue, brown.

The vendors are prurchasing also, so maybe the people they are buying off are taking their bins for some reason.

As long as I know I can get free bins, I'm happy enough...especially when paying rates!!

Ta, everyone. Thanks for the link. Price less than I thought. The Council site is diabolical for finding things. I'm so used to staying away from it it never even occurred to me to look there. :-)

I rang and was informed that I would have to pay for a black bin. Crazy! I will be paying rates to have rubbish collected, but if I don't have a black bin they won't collect it.

Ta, everyone. Thanks for the link. Price less than I thought. The Council site is diabolical for finding things. I'm so used to staying away from it it never even occurred to me to look there. :-)

I rang and was informed that I would have to pay for a black bin. Crazy! I will be paying rates to have rubbish collected, but if I don't have a black bin they won't collect it.

Yes, you have to buy a black (household rubbish) bin from the council - the recycling ones are free. When I moved over 2 years ago the vendors took the black bin with them.

Also, in my area if you buy an extra black bin and leave them both out they will only empty one. So if you want a extra large black bin you have to claim you have loads of people living in the house.

If you keep an eye out on gumtree sometimes people sell them for £10. I know in the council estate beside us that if your bin goes astray you can get a new one for free at the community house - im not sure if you have to be on benefits though, but was thinking if the gumtree people are getting them free and then selling them on for £10B) I know my mates mum claimed hers was stolen and she was able to get a new one for free and give her existing one to her son who moved to a new property without a bin:rolleyes: Sad but true!!!