House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Pale Rider

Perfect Storm Brewing

Oh yes, youngsters have got it real easy in the west, not only the housing bubble but all the jobs and careers have gone too. Don't think this guy knows didly about the situation outside of China.

Mr Li said the high cost of housing could hamper future growth by slowing urbanisation. Rising prices were also a potential political flashpoint, especially among younger people who felt locked out of the property market.

“When prices go up, many people, especially young people, become very anxious,” he said. “It is a social problem.”

No no Mr Li. It encourages young people to strive even harder to 'get on the ladder' to guaranteed prosperity, & makes the economy stronger.

You just stay with it & keep on lending, all will be well. Our ex-great leader said so.

PS We no longer have capital punishment, could we send him over to you for his trial?

Meanwhile, Chinese premier Wen Jaibao is urging the world to maintain a "sense of crisis" in regards to the economy and that the global economy is too fragile to start withdrawing stimulus.

Makes those socks last longer son & I'll think about it :)

& BTW:- The recoil starter on my OH's brush cutter has fallen apart again. We need encouragement Wen; don't you see?

No no Mr Li. It encourages young people to strive even harder to 'get on the ladder' to guaranteed prosperity, & makes the economy stronger.

You just stay with it & keep on lending, all will be well. Our ex-great leader said so.

PS We no longer have capital punishment, could we send him over to you for his trial?

Makes those socks last longer son & I'll think about it :)

& BTW:- The recoil starter on my OH's brush cutter has fallen apart again. We need encouragement Wen; don't you see?

I'd say buy a Stihl or Echo, thing is to buy anything of any real quality and design nowadays costs 3 times as much as the Crap Price Index indicates.

I'd say buy a Stihl or Echo, thing is to buy anything of any real quality and design nowadays costs 3 times as much as the Crap Price Index indicates.

OH says he agrees OM. The brush cutter has been converted to electric start (he's a clever sob) & is otherwise OK.

It was €100 when that meant £67. How could he resist? :rolleyes:

PS As RB isn't on this thread am I allowed to plug gold? :D

OH says he agrees OM. The brush cutter has been converted to electric start (he's a clever sob) & is otherwise OK.

It was €100 when that meant £67. How could he resist? :rolleyes:

PS As RB isn't on this thread am I allowed to plug gold? :D

A cordless drill and suitable nut spinner makes a good electric start on lots of equipment, if you can get access to the nut on the recoil starter ;-).

Still not sure about gold at this price, there are some glaring discrepances, however can see why poeple would go for it, miners with large in ground reserves of real gold may be better value, thing is they'd get clobbered by stock market machinations, might make them even more of a buy at some point.