House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BROF

Financial Planner On 5 Live Now

Bloke on the phone, 'I'm disabled and unemployed, but would like to release some money from my house to buy a BTL. It's for my children init.'

FFS!

quite a rant :lol:

"a crash of biblical proportions"

Very bearish debate - loved it.

It seems that even the EAs realise that the game might be up.

Bloke on the phone, 'I'm disabled and unemployed, but would like to release some money from my house to buy a BTL. It's for my children init.'

FFS!

his hopes&dreams have now been brutally shuttered by FP! :lol:

3 mins ago - FP acted as an expert in the hourly news service with his ultra-bearish message!!!

I can't believe they played that back... :P

Edited by Pole

3 mins ago - FP acted as an expert in the hourly news service with his ultra-bearish message!!!

I can't believe they played that back... :P

Good old FP! On his usual thunderous form! Is the programme going back to house prices before 12?

Could someone put a bit of background on this for me?

What was said?

Mike

sorry if this is widely known to HPC, but i looked up this nauseous EA to find this:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8293024.stm

this guy ('Tory Boy') is generally very patronising ...very easy to see why FP gets annoyed with him...

However, wonder if he s still connected to conservative party...seems v.smug on predictions for house prices though

iPlayer

From 00:09:00 to 00:30:00

Late-night chat on stories you're talking about. Ranvir Singh sits in for Tony Livesey and taps into the views and experiences from listeners across the UK.

Broadcast on: BBC Radio 5 live, 10:30pm Monday 31st May 2010

Duration: 150 minutes

Available until: 1:02am Tuesday 8th June 2010

Edited by Chester

"If you go down to the woods today..."

Just listened to the whole thing. Thoroughly entertaining and once again the logic supporting the bear perspective is more sound and convincing than the bull.

Thanks for posting, BROF.

An unemployed man from Wolverhampton who is off long-term due to disability is lamenting that he can't get a mortgage and borrow the bank's money to "invest" in property. The man boasts "My property is worth £200,000". He reasons "I only have a £40,000 mortgage: I have £150,000 equity."

Someone asks "who are you to tell this man what he should do with his money?"

JD/FP explains as succinctly as possible, as usual, and they still (appear to) struggle to comprehend.

People just don't get it do they. They soon will.

JD/FP explains as succinctly as possible, as usual, and they still (appear to) struggle to comprehend.

Mmm

Just listened to this. He makes good points as usual, but his style is a bit too shouty and apocalyptic for radio - it allows the other side to look like Mr Reasonable.

Guest BetterOffOnBenefits

Mmm

Just listened to this. He makes good points as usual, but his style is a bit too shouty and apocalyptic for radio - it allows the other side to look like Mr Reasonable.

Agreed

He does shout a bit and the other numpties sit there and glibly talk b***ox in hushed tones.

They will be appear to be the rational ones.